advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Due for new car after my audi warranty ran out.

bxbomber

Kilo Klub Member
So I'm in a dilemma here. My 2011 audi a4 warranty has ran out. The past 5 weeks I had the car in the shop each week with something new wrong. 3 of the visits were for an oil consumption problem that has been addressed and paid for by audi due to recall. I love audi's. I'm on my second one and even with the problem I'd buy . New one tonorrow cause as long as they are under warranty they are fairly priced to upkeep. So with getting rid of this I automatically assumed I'd get another audi but I seen a certified used infiniti 2014 Q50 premium awd. The car looks sick I'm going today to test drive question is has anyone here owned an infiniti? If so how expensive was the upkeep and normal services that the car must go thru? And if anyone has had an audi and infiniti before which do they prefer. I have never driven an infiniti it am going to do so today. Just looking for any input guys. I know there must be some foreign car lovers on this forum so help a fellow brother out! Thanks in advance
-bx

Never had an INFINITI but have owned a couple AUDIS in the past and they were great vehicles. I find keeping them well maintained is crucial and it can be expensive.
Yeah I have been vary anal with keeping up on them because you are right about that they are not cars that u can let go.

Never had an Infiniti but I had a Nissan 350z (same drivetrain as G35). Car was great and never had an issue with it. I like the new infiniti Q series

I bought and infinti M few years back over used a6. I think its great. Never really had any issues with it. Actually gonna get a q 50 when get rid this car.

Yes I was looking at a 2014 Q50 awd premium package with navi. I just got back I took it for a test drive. A few of the things I noticed the pickup was alot better in the q50 but that is also comparing a v6 engine to my current v4 with 2.0 turbo. After seeing it in person I like the outside of the audis more but the interior on the q50 was just ridiculous. I never seen the 2 huge screens like that in the car. One screen is navi and camera second screen is all your radio and the car has its own WiFi with the free 3 years of infiniti I assist which is awesome so many choices
Never had an Infiniti but I had a Nissan 350z (same drivetrain as G35). Car was great and never had an issue with it. I like the new infiniti Q series

I bought and infinti M few years back over used a6. I think its great. Never really had any issues with it. Actually gonna get a q 50 when get rid this car.
Yea and me comparing the q50 to an a4 isn't really realistic because I believe the q series is more comparable to the a6 if I'm correct?

Wife has the infiniti fx35. Nice interior and solid acceleration. She took it in to have tires replaced and they gave her the q70L. That is one nice vehicle. I am contemplating getting one IF I can get past being an "infiniti" family ha

Yes I was looking at a 2014 Q50 awd premium package with navi. I just got back I took it for a test drive. A few of the things I noticed the pickup was alot better in the q50 but that is also comparing a v6 engine to my current v4 with 2.0 turbo. After seeing it in person I like the outside of the audis more but the interior on the q50 was just ridiculous. I never seen the 2 huge screens like that in the car. One screen is navi and camera second screen is all your radio and the car has its own WiFi with the free 3 years of infiniti I assist which is awesome so many choices

actually the M37 is now the Q70 and the G37 now slightly upgraded and a q50 so q50 is suppose to be in same class as A4 and BMW 3 series then they have a q40 which to me is slightly downgraded G37

Honesty I would prob get the 2014 G37 over Q50. I was actually going to Maybe do that instead get 50. I'm actually kinda down grading from an M a little.

Despite eventual replacement by the new Infiniti Q50, it turns out the current G37 will soldier on longer than planned. The G37 sedan will continue on with its current form and name alongside the Q50 until 2015, Infiniti says. Here's why you should buy the G instead.
2014 Infiniti Q50: First Drive

The first thing you need to know about the all-new 2014 Infiniti Q50, the eventual replacement for…
Read more

With the G37 staying on for another two years, Infiniti has slashed their prices way down from $37,350 to $32,550. With that you get the same 328 horsepower 3.7-liter V6 that's in the Q50 (though not the 360 horsepower hybrid engine, which I actually liked better because of all the torque), and you can have it with a stick shift. (No you can't. See the update below.)

I drove the Q50 last week and found it to be a well-appointed, well-designed luxury sedan with a lot of great technology. I also found it a bit boring, primarily because it lacks a manual transmission and because much of that technology seemed to be present for its own sake, not because it enhanced the driving experience.

If you go the G37 route, also won't have to deal with things like the Infiniti app suite or Directive Adaptive Steering, which I found solidly meh.

The Q50 is not a bad car by any means, but the G37 offers a purer experience for enthusiasts than its successor, and now it's quite a bit cheaper. Given the choice, I'd go with that one and you should too.

UPDATE: It turns out I misspoke about the manual. Unlike a lot of cars, the manual transmission on the G37 isn't an option, but rather a separate model called the 6MT. Sadly, the 6MT will be discontinued after this year — only the G37 Sedan Journey and G37 Sedan AWD will stay on. Only two options will be available, the Premium and Navigation Packages.

In other words, say goodbye to the manual here too. But the good news is that the price cut still represents a fantastic bargain for the G.

others saying same thing
I have owned 3 Infiniti Gs since 2004 and went to the dealership last month when the lease on my 2010 G37x coupe was up to test drive the Q50s. I was fully expecting to love it and walk out with a lease deal. Instead, I found the Q50s "soft," for lack of a better word, and missing a lot of the driving dynamics I had come to love from the reliable, sporty G. I couldn't articulate all of the things I love about the G, but I do know the Q50s was far less exciting. Not to be a sexist, and no offense to the guys who have bought one, but the Q50 struck me as a good car for a woman or a man who didn't care about driving dynamics or excitement. I feel the same way about the sportier offerings from Lexus and Acura. Infiniti had it right with the G - it was a serious 3-series crown contender. In my opinion, the Q50 has relegated Infiniti to "pretender" status in the competitive sports sedan arena. Nice car, but not for people who take enjoy the thrill of driving the right car.

Long story short - I ended up buying a new G37x sedan instead of leasing a Q50s for the ridiculous price of around $34K (premium, non-nav) and couldn't be happier. To those on the fence: I say get a G while you can because for the money there is no deal out there today that comes close in terms of curb appeal, build quality, reliability, and driving excitement. Infiniti is making a huge mistake by dropping the G and passing off the Q50 as its successor instead of what it is - a shiny, gutless, watered-down incarnation of the nearly perfect sports sedan it is replacing.

If youre going to get rid of your new car before the warranty expires the overall costs between the 2 won't be a huge difference. Audis will be cheaper on gas, but any maintenance/upkeep on it will be pricier so the costs should close to offset. Where audi loses the battle is if you keep it past the warranty, then audis costs start piling up and the depreciation kicks in hard. It sounds like you like the techs in the q50 which with it being a new line in 2014 it was loaded to the hilt with techs at a cheaper price tag to a comparable Audi so if that is important to you, go Infiniti, better bang for the buck. I personally think the a6 rides better and the interior is more luxurious, lacking the toys but the finish higher so it just comes down to which one you like better when you sit in both and what features you want cause maintenance/upkeep cost as long as you keep it short term isn't a big difference either way. Long term is another story.

Last edited:
Despite eventual replacement by the new Infiniti Q50, it turns out the current G37 will soldier on longer than planned. The G37 sedan will continue on with its current form and name alongside the Q50 until 2015, Infiniti says.

q50 was badly positioned as a replacement for the g37, felt like they targeted entirely different markets. Q50 is clearly an upscale midsize where the g37 was made for the mid level sports sedan market, looks like Infinity realized their mistake.

Last edited:
Love the Nissan Maximas. The new ones are comf...sporty, and that 3.5 puts out around 300hp. Little work and it's well above 300hp in no time. Handles well. Very affordable. Holds value. Lasts forever. The CVT (continuous variable transmission) though, talked a bit getting use to. All around, great car.

Great decision, I know a few people that have one and they seem happy.

how car treating you Ive been looking at one in all black

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner