over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone try an all shakes diet?

Queefer

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
A long time ago JT told me he did a prot. shake and oatmeal diet, and that was the best he's ever looked at a contest.........this was about 15 years ago.....I also have a local friend who turned pro on all metrx shakes along with rice cakes................I'm currently on all shakes, and one good solid meal after my workout that has some fats and about 70 carbs.............then at night I'll have a shake and eat peanuts or almonds when I'm hungry. This really works well for me bc I have little to no appetite.

Doesnt seem like it would get you all the nutrition one would need. Im sure its great for fat loss but seems unsustainable, no?

One time I did the velocity diet which is basically 6 shakes a day with flax seed and fish oils and then you have 25g carb powder preworkout as well. I was starving first 4 days then wasn't to bad. Fat burned off me and the foul things that came from my colon where an added benefit.

I probably get just under half my daily protein from either TN whey or Synthepure. Works great.

The old "Velocity Diet" from t-nation was all shakes and like 1 whole food meal per week and then it turned into 1 whole food meal per day.

I believe Skip Hill did an experiment with willing participants where he had them get all of their protein from shakes, but adjusted carb sources and included fiber from veggies. All participants did very well from what I recall. I had a friend do the experiment and it was the best he has ever looked and honestly, since then his physique has gone to shit LOL

I do feel a mix in amino acid profiles is beneficial and as long as you are using the right supplements to ensure the micronutrients are covered and you get enough fiber and overall macros, then I don't see an issue. If doing this, I would suggest using various types of proteins, e.g whey isolate, micellar casein, milk protein isolate, beef protein isolate, egg protein... and even some plant based proteins like rice or pea protein to get a variety of amino profiles as one would when eating meals of chicken fish, beef.. etc..

Last edited:
A long time ago JT told me he did a prot. shake and oatmeal diet, and that was the best he's ever looked at a contest.........this was about 15 years ago.....I also have a local friend who turned pro on all metrx shakes along with rice cakes................I'm currently on all shakes, and one good solid meal after my workout that has some fats and about 70 carbs.............then at night I'll have a shake and eat peanuts or almonds when I'm hungry. This really works well for me bc I have little to no appetite.

Who is JT? I couldn't imagine an all shake diet!

Even though I do not do it, I think 100-150g of protein via shakes is acceptable in most situations...maybe even optimal. I'm the opposite...I have to force myself to do shakes. I just haven't done shakes daily since 2009. Ever since then we are talking about less than 10 shakes yearly...if that.

At some point I am going to implement them again as a staple when I have all cylinders firing towards a goal.

Queef, do you ever get tired of the monotony of endless shakes?

Jethro Tull?

My appetite sucks pretty bad and one thing I've been doing that helps is having a bowl of fruit first thing in the morning. I'm never hungry when I wake up, but I like most fruits, they're easy to eat and really help stimulate my appetite. Things like pineapple, blueberries, peaches, strawberries, raspberries, kiwi, others. A nice bowl of any combination of those at 7 or 8 am then I'm really hungry by 10 and the appetite seems to stay pretty good for the rest of the day.

I've never done a complete shake diet, but 2 weeks ago did a cleanse called the Blueprint cleanse an employee bought it for me. It was 3 days of 6 juices per day and I went from 253 down to staggering 242lbs. Day 1 was tough with appetite, but I couldn't believe the crap that was coming out of my body by the end of day 2. My energy was through the roof day 3 and I felt amazing. I slowly jumped back on to whole foods with mostly eggs, shakes and I will now do that cleanse at least 1-2 times every 60 days. Part of me at first thought placebo effect, but it was no joke in cleaning out the colon and my skin also.

Last edited:
Ive tried the shakes and use todo 3 shakes per day along with 3 meals and then switxhed it up to IF.... Intermittent fasting is where almost all dietician have been going towards as ir recent, hell waturbury, berardi, romanello, and a bunch more and its cool and all but i cant do IF any more, nor can i do shakes like i use to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never done a complete shake diet, but 2 weeks ago did a cleanse called the Blueprint cleanse an employee bought it for me. It was 3 days of 6 juices per day and I went from 253 down to staggering 242lbs. Day 1 was tough with appetite, but I couldn't believe the crap that was coming out of my body by the end of day 2. My energy was through the roof day 3 and I felt amazing. I slowly jumped back on to whole foods with mostly eggs, shakes and I will now do that cleanse at least 1-2 times every 60 days. Part of me at first thought placebo effect, but it was no joke in cleaning out the colon and my skin also.

I may look into this cleanse.... Is it online or some specific place u have to purchase it?

I may look into this cleanse.... Is it online or some specific place u have to purchase it?

The basic cleanse is on groupon **broken link removed**

Ive tried the shakes and use todo 3 shakes per day along with 3 meals and then switxhed it up to IF.... Intermittent fasting is where almost all dietician have been going towards as ir recent, hell waturbury, berardi, romanello, and a bunch more and its cool and all but i cant do IF any more, nor can i do shakes like i use to

I've experimented with IF, either whole days fasts, amino acid fasts (taking in EAAs several times per day), daily fasting periods of like 16 hours... just weird shit that I wanted to understand to see if it was useful. During this time I was not training as a bodybuilder so size was not a main concern. I was more concerned with endurance and being able to adapt to circumstances beyond my control that would prevent me from eating. I felt those styles of eating can work well for weight loss but it would be very difficult to add size on one of those plans...

I've done similar

I have a horrible appetite!

My main food was 1 pound of chicken breast per day divide.
The rest was protein shakes mixed with powdered oats.

whey/egg causes me stomach issues though.

As such u I usually drink a gallon a day of lactose free milk.
The sugar is problem though.

I've also done something similar with eaa but I'm too paranoid
to assume anyone's eaa powder is optimal enough to replace proteins.

I'd like a lactose free complete protein powder.
The powdered oats are awesome and I prefer them to eating big carb meals

Whey shake with 1/2 cup oats 5 times per day.

Last edited:
Basically I run all shakes all summer. Bustin rocks in the Hot sun and tryin to beat the clock as me amped up to were you have no appitite.
I'll scarf down a chicken breast and a granola bar but not a real meal till dinner.
Coming out of winter is tough as I eat all day and night. The 1st mnth or so I actually get hunger pains. The shakes help allot but I still lose 1st, all bodyfat then it goes after the muscle. By the end of September I'm down 20pds.
I plan on adding in a lot more carbs to my shakes and tablespoons of honey to try to keep my hard earned muscle.( not to mention 1000mgs of Primo)lol

I wonder if it has worked so well for people because all shakes and oatmeal or rice cakes forces you to be damn clean with your diet.

Yes chicken and rice is clean but when people ad tons of condiments and sauces and other crap i believe it affects the way you look more than people believe...even if its not affecting the caloric count much.

Sometimes when Im not on a strict diet ill have a few shakes a day. No matter what I try to get in a protein serving every 3 hours, so adding in shakes makes it easier. I'll do something like Queefer and ill have a shake with some almonds, and then thats like one of my meals.

When im trying to be quick in the morning and I dont want to cook ill have whey with frozen fruit and oats and thats a quick easy breakfast.

Never did all shakes though, i feel like i would be hungry.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws