over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

career advise

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
im 30 now (i have a degree in exercise science which is useless, and even if it can be used, i really want something stable and i dont view fitness as this).

i have a chance to be a corrections officer, but the thought of working 3-11 every day in prison, i just think i will be a miserable person, who wouldnt be? i inverviewed there, the staff, the inmates, i just think it will make me miserable being around these types all day

i was thinking medical field? Im not looking to be rich, 40-50 k would be very nice. Are there any courses out there, jobs that dont take too many years training, where i could get a steady job as an x-ray tech, or nurse, something along those lines?

I just would rather be in a hospital around reaosnabl people, then inside a a dark prison.

Would also like a job where i can travel, say i want to move to teh west coash, a field i can find a job out there, would this be medical? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks, im horrible at this type of stuff and im 30 so i need to get my future planned out a little :(

im 30 now (i have a degree in exercise science which is useless, and even if it can be used, i really want something stable and i dont view fitness as this).

i have a chance to be a corrections officer, but the thought of working 3-11 every day in prison, i just think i will be a miserable person, who wouldnt be? i inverviewed there, the staff, the inmates, i just think it will make me miserable being around these types all day

i was thinking medical field? Im not looking to be rich, 40-50 k would be very nice. Are there any courses out there, jobs that dont take too many years training, where i could get a steady job as an x-ray tech, or nurse, something along those lines?

I just would rather be in a hospital around reaosnabl people, then inside a a dark prison.

Would also like a job where i can travel, say i want to move to teh west coash, a field i can find a job out there, would this be medical? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks, im horrible at this type of stuff and im 30 so i need to get my future planned out a little :(

You can look into either nursing school or radiology tech. A few of the MRI techs i know are making 80k+ a year from all the overtime. The ct and plain film techs are making about 45k

This is really just some friendly advice and not meant to be offensive. For your own career sake, I would strongly suggest working on your spelling and grammar before applying for any job where you are responsible for other individuals lives.

I personally would not feel confident if the person who was assisting me didn't care about this (just a subtle reflection on their inner attention to detail, etc.)

This is really just some friendly advice and not meant to be offensive. For your own career sake, I would strongly suggest working on your spelling and grammar before applying for any job where you are responsible for other individuals lives.

I personally would not feel confident if the person who was assisting me didn't care about this (just a subtle reflection on their inner attention to detail, etc.)

appreciate the advice,,,I PROMISE THIS IS NOT HOW I TYPE AT MY CURRENT JOB OR WHEN I AM SEEKING A NEW JOB,,just being lazy online and not caring to spell check on social networking/text/etc. don't wont to derail the the thread into spelling,,,no offense taken.

Last edited:
Might look into PTA (physical therapy assistant). It's about two years of school. The field is growing so much that you're almost guaranteed a job once you pass your boards. The average starting pay in Florida is low 50's. I know three PTA's and they all love it. One of those three is making over 70k now.

Exercise science is a direction to also apply to grad school and do physical therapy.. Which is what I did before I changed my mind lol.. Just need your GRE depending on your undergrad GPA..

Great post..........I've asked the PM community for advice over the years and it has helped tremendously by giving my great ideas..........f being a corrections officer...............try the medical field, maybe something to do with reading xrays,.....I heard those type of jobs are in high demand and only required a year or two of schooling........how are you when it comes to sales?

Great post..........I've asked the PM community for advice over the years and it has helped tremendously by giving my great ideas..........f being a corrections officer...............try the medical field, maybe something to do with reading xrays,.....I heard those type of jobs are in high demand and only required a year or two of schooling........how are you when it comes to sales?

thanks everyone for the replies,,agree on f being a corrections officer. yeah its a stable job, but who wants to be in a dark jail all day? cant have your phone for 8 hours, work 3-11 shift, not my thing.

as for sales i dont think its something im good at. but to be honest, i want something stable. ive always thought sales was something that is not stable. you dont sell, the market changes, your job or income is gone.

i like how the medial field would be stable

also looking for something where i might be able to travel. maybe even go over seas? how the hell do people do that, move to a diff country, unless they have alot saved up?

id imagine if i have some sort of medical training and live on the east coast, i could find a job doing the same on the west coast. as a corrections officer i cant do this.

im 30 now and just tired of living a boring life, working 8-5 at a job where i cant travel, hit gym, come home, just gets boring i feel like im wasting my life away. one reason why i stopped taking bodybuilding so serious, its just alot of time and you can give 50% the effort and look still the same and have fun (unless you compte of course, but for the average guy its fine to not be a slave to this sport).

Nursing is a good field and can make very good money. You could also keep progressing and become a nurse practitioner which makes very good money. 2 years can usually land you a job but they will want you to work on your 4 year nursing degree then another 2 and you could be a np.

Real estate broker, can get qualified in weeks, and find a job fairly quick, obv the amount of money you will make depends on the amount you sell and hours you put in, best of luck with whatever you find tho brother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to provide you the best advice in this thread.

IF YOU CAN BE A COP (and I would never be a cop...), that is the EASIEST path to a guaranteed 6 figure salary.

Where I am from, it is 6 figures after 5 years and that is WITHOUT overtime.

I know a dumb motherfucker, who earned over 300k one year with his overtime. A good deal of that was spent sleeping while a local utility company did work.

FWIW - I could never be a cop. For the most part FTP.

You could also try for a paid firefighter position. I know many who earn 70k, however the job is both hard to come by and (unlike a cop) dangerous. The best part of being a FF is the schedule.

I am going to provide you the best advice in this thread.

IF YOU CAN BE A COP (and I would never be a cop...), that is the EASIEST path to a guaranteed 6 figure salary.

Where I am from, it is 6 figures after 5 years and that is WITHOUT overtime.

I know a dumb motherfucker, who earned over 300k one year with his overtime. A good deal of that was spent sleeping while a local utility company did work.

FWIW - I could never be a cop. For the most part FTP.

You could also try for a paid firefighter position. I know many who earn 70k, however the job is both hard to come by and (unlike a cop) dangerous. The best part of being a FF is the schedule.

Metro cops can make good money, I agree. But small town city cops make dick for the most part. And you deal with mandatory night shifts and stuff for 4-5 of your first years. I know several mid-size city cops, both got out. One took a union railroad job for a lot better pay.

There are plenty of opportunities out there. I have a high school diploma and two felony convictions. Not many options. After a few years of some okay jobs I got in to a Union and I'm set to make $91,000 my first year.
People like myself and people like you don't have a ton of options and I think should look more toward salary and benefits than happiness. A job as a correction officer is a good paying job with great benefits and after 20 years you can retire with a full pension and do something else. I've been in those places years ago and not as a c.o. and I have to tell you they really looked like they were enjoying their job. 8 hours of babysitting while watching TV with the occasional need to break up a scuffle. Just don't be a dick and treat people with respect and it will be the easiest job of your life.
Or you can do what I did and search your states dept. of labor website for apprenticeship opportunities of local unions. They are always hiring apprentices. I was lucky and skipped that whole process because of my father and went full salary but even if you don't you still make good money and benefits for the few years until you obtain journeyman. You really have to look at how different professions fare in your area before putting time in to it. Good luck and keep us posted!!

There are plenty of opportunities out there. I have a high school diploma and two felony convictions. Not many options. After a few years of some okay jobs I got in to a Union and I'm set to make $91,000 my first year.
People like myself and people like you don't have a ton of options and I think should look more toward salary and benefits than happiness. A job as a correction officer is a good paying job with great benefits and after 20 years you can retire with a full pension and do something else. I've been in those places years ago and not as a c.o. and I have to tell you they really looked like they were enjoying their job. 8 hours of babysitting while watching TV with the occasional need to break up a scuffle. Just don't be a dick and treat people with respect and it will be the easiest job of your life.
Or you can do what I did and search your states dept. of labor website for apprenticeship opportunities of local unions. They are always hiring apprentices. I was lucky and skipped that whole process because of my father and went full salary but even if you don't you still make good money and benefits for the few years until you obtain journeyman. You really have to look at how different professions fare in your area before putting time in to it. Good luck and keep us posted!!

Another reason being a cop is good (I h8 to say that!). I know a guy who retired Air Force Reserve and POLICE force. He makes bank in retirement and gets to start a second career. Fucking nuts. :D

Another reason being a cop is good (I h8 to say that!). I know a guy who retired Air Force Reserve and POLICE force. He makes bank in retirement and gets to start a second career. Fucking nuts. :D

Yeah one of my dads friend did that. He retired law enforcement at 42 and gets a pension and has started another career. Bank!

OP. I'm in the same boat. Exercise physiology degree is a scam. It's useless. It did get me in the door to the medical field. Look into PTA. 2 years of school and is very similar to ex phys. I would do this but being in the medical field for 10 years I realize I hate it. Or dislike it enough to not want to pursue another degree in this field. You mention being around prisoners. Try being around people complaining that they hurt and they don't do anything to help themselves every day all day. This is prison to me.

The plus side there are a ton of females in the medical field. The down side is you hear people complain about themselves all day.

If you are interested in a job the best way to find out about it is talk to not one but multiple sources who are in that field now. how they got there, what they would recommend to someone starting, pros, cons, income, longevity, stability.

I'm currently in the same boat, glad you made this thread. I'm a PT aide/tech and also am certified as a personal trainer<====== that hasn't really taken off. I recently started working with another trainer at my gym so hopefully I'll develop a little clientele of my own here soon. Currently looking at my other options as well, I'll be following

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws