over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lee Priest

Bigd50

Registered
[ame="http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnNoeuRVpIo"]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnNoeuRVpIo[/ame]

The man makes a good point about other world class athletes only training for 45 minutes per day. Don't pretend that lifting weights is anything special. Fighters, gymnasts, sprinters, cyclists...they all tax their entire system just as much and for longer periods of time than bodybuilders. None of them worry about overtraining.

"Everyone I've seen that trains for 45 minutes or less look like shit" - Lee

Haha. This guy is hilarious.

If you really think Dorian trained less than 45 minutes, you are just being plain foolish.

If you really think Dorian trained less than 45 minutes, you are just being plain foolish.

i've been to Dorian's gym and talked to him fair few times. good guy but he rarely trained over an hour.
pre contest or off season.

there is a misconception though about his way of training and Lee is right.
he does 1 all out working set to absolute failure but that is after a couple of progressively heavier sets to prepare. those preparation sets aren't warm up per se but are a few reps shy of failure.
just gets the muscle firing and ready for that all out failure set.

The man makes a good point about other world class athletes only training for 45 minutes per day. Don't pretend that lifting weights is anything special. Fighters, gymnasts, sprinters, cyclists...they all tax their entire system just as much and for longer periods of time than bodybuilders. None of them worry about overtraining.

they're not training to muscular failure or causing our extent of hypertrophy.
there's only so much tension and damage the muscle can take before it gets counter productive.

sporting athletes are training for performance and largely based on muscle endurance and co-ordination.

you can't honestly compare the two imo.

I can totally believe he trained 45min-1hr, have you not seen or attempted to train the way he does? It's fucking killer...

99.999999999% of people who talk shit about training that "short" amount don't get anywhere near that intensity level, that's why it doesn't work for them...

Interesting how he made similar comments like the ones Dorian made in a video posted on here; how now the guys are more concerned about pure mass, but coming in with less shape and conditioning than in the past

I'm just saying that Dorian likes to claim that he trained like that. I am sure he did. It was a tiny piece of the pie. He used many other methods/techniques over the years and experimented with many things.

The point is, there wasn't one training ideology or secret that anyone can share that made Mr. Yates a champion. It was a whole lot of qualities combined together.

To say that bodybuilding is more taxing on the body than other sports is a bit of a stretch. Olympic wrestlers, powerlifters, sprinters, jumpers...they all train just as hard and for much longer periods of time. Perhaps we should be looking into working harder instead of worrying about working too hard. Constantly being afraid of working too hard can be very detrimental to your gains. Try hard work sometime. You'll be surprised at how it can pay off.

yes I've been doing the same for over 10 years now

different training styles for sure and I truly believe they both work just pick one you like. Kinda like dieting. there are so many different diets and coaches with different ways of doing things. they all pretty much work, just use one you like or cycle through the different ones. I know some people who use mountain dog style training then after their deload they switch and do fortitude training.

I'm just saying that Dorian likes to claim that he trained like that. I am sure he did. It was a tiny piece of the pie. He used many other methods/techniques over the years and experimented with many things.

The point is, there wasn't one training ideology or secret that anyone can share that made Mr. Yates a champion. It was a whole lot of qualities combined together.

To say that bodybuilding is more taxing on the body than other sports is a bit of a stretch. Olympic wrestlers, powerlifters, sprinters, jumpers...they all train just as hard and for much longer periods of time. Perhaps we should be looking into working harder instead of worrying about working too hard. Constantly being afraid of working too hard can be very detrimental to your gains. Try hard work sometime. You'll be surprised at how it can pay off.

yeah the outlook on it is a sprinter vs a marathon runner

both run but one does it hard and the other is slower and more endurance

compare the body types

Where did i mention marathon runner? Usain Bolt trains 3 hours per day, 7 days per week. Weights, foot work, plyometrics...etc. The human body WILL adapt or you will die. Simple as that. Overtraining in the conventional sense is a bunch of malarkey perpetrated by the supplement companies as an excuse to tell you why you aren't getting "them gainz". Here's some HMB. That'll help.

Where did i mention marathon runner? Usain Bolt trains 3 hours per day, 7 days per week. Weights, foot work, plyometrics...etc. The human body WILL adapt or you will die. Simple as that. Overtraining in the conventional sense is a bunch of malarkey perpetrated by the supplement companies as an excuse to tell you why you aren't getting "them gainz". Here's some HMB. That'll help.

when I was about 15 and got my first weight set in the garage, I immediately bought "The Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding" by Arnold. I read every page and mimicked his workouts. after 2 weeks I was literally ill and fatigued. No way I could keep up with that workout. That is overtraining. it is real imo.
However, I will admit I wasn't eating like I know how now, and I wasn't on any super supps but I was def overtrained.
oh, and I have never trained longer than @40 min with weights. off season or precontest.
-JS

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity