over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

6-7x days a week - anyone tried?

Damios

Registered
Hey,

Did anyone try train 6-7 days a week? The most often split routines are for 4-5 days a week. But... if anyone tried 6-7x how Your weekly programm looks like?

Hey,

Did anyone try train 6-7 days a week? The most often split routines are for 4-5 days a week. But... if anyone tried 6-7x how Your weekly programm looks like?

I tried a 6 day a week routine a couple years ago. 3 on 1 off. Did each muscle group twice. Got the routine of BB.com. It may work for some but not for me. I work a lot also and it was just too much. Gains were minimal and I was constantly tired. I would think if you were going to do that routine your diet and rest would have to 100% on point along with a little aas.

Hey,

I've done it a couple different ways. At one time, I ran a program as the above hinted at:

Mon: Legs
Tues: Chest and Tri
Wed: Back and Bi
Thurs: Shoulders

Then Repeat. No rest day. So each week what was being done wasn't dependent on a specific day of the week, since it changed. It was a four day routine with no rest day, so the day of the week didn't mean anything. I did abs and calves a few times a week.
I had this routine when I had a lot of time on my hands, could eat really well and sleep as much as I liked. I didn't like this routine at all. My joints hurt, and I felt like I wasn't getting enough rest before hitting the muscle again, but I was also doing higher volume than I do now.

I've also run a 6 day routine, but it's simply by breaking certain bodyparts down into their own day.

Mon: Legs-more of an emphasis on quads
Tues: Chest
Wed: Back
Thurs: Shoulders
Fri: Legs-more of an emphasis on hams
Sat: Arms
Sun: Traps, and also calves, abs, forearms

I actually liked this routine a lot. I like arms on their own day, especially supersetting bis and tris together. So one set of bis, one set of tris. Zero rest between the two and very little rest between that set of tris and going back to bis.
I began doing legs twice a week because they used to be the bodypart I hated the most. I dreaded doing them. So I decided to put them at the start of the week. Putting them on Monday, I couldn't come up with an excuse on Friday to not workout, then miss. That always happened with me. So I put them on Monday and wouldn't allow myself to do anything else. Legs came first in the routine, so I had to knock them out.
I added the second day when I split up quads and hams with regard to isolated movements.
So Monday I did squats, leg press, leg extension.
Thursday would be Lunges, RDLs, leg curl.
My body responded really well to this. My legs grew exponentially compared to the past, perhaps because they were now my focus and I was pushing myself really hard with them. And now, legs are my favorite bodypart.

For the most part, I've always done traps on their own day. I've done them at the end of my back routine and at the end of my shoulders routine. Nothing worked as well doing them on their own day, when they were fresh and not incredibly fatigued already as they were after back and shoulders.
I also will do 10-12 sets. Some barbell shrugs, dumbell shrugs, and upright rows, focusing on trying to use nothing but trap. I got great results from this.
But I also don't leave the gym fatigued and spent like other days.

Last edited:
I do it now...

Lats, traps, lower bk
Quads calfs
Chest, hams, abs
Bi, tri, forearm
Delts, abs
Repeat...

Only have a day off when I can't make gym due to family or what ever, which is prob 2 twice a month, workout are short though, 40 mins sometimes

This information is not meant to diagnose any medical issues, and not meant to make fun of anyone.

Attachments

• aint nobody got time for that.jpg
    aint nobody got time for that.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 451
Thanks for answers! :)

I have more free time right now and i can go to the gym even everyday without problem. I thought about try something 6-7 days a week but it was hard for me to find nice split routine for it. Something like Legs/Chest/Back/Sholuders/Arms/Repat can be fine but i hate "Arms Day", too short and too light workout for me :-(

Training like that now
Chest / shoulders / squat/ hamstrings
Arms / squat
Back/ squat / hamstrings
Off
Repeat
8-10,000 cals
Naps
3 weeks hard
1week deload
Repeat
Gains are great if enough food to keep from not being exhausted
And sleep enough

Thanks for answers! :)

I have more free time right now and i can go to the gym even everyday without problem. I thought about try something 6-7 days a week but it was hard for me to find nice split routine for it. Something like Legs/Chest/Back/Sholuders/Arms/Repat can be fine but i hate "Arms Day", too short and too light workout for me :-(

Take a look at this link. Maybe some of the more experienced guys can chime in but do some searches on google and you'll find a variety of routines.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw28.htm

I've done it before but has to be in spurts and everything has to be perfect for recovery. Lots of food paired with intra workout nutrition and 8 hours sleep a night. Routine was like this

Chest (pre exhaust and hammer strength machine)
Back (all width exercises)
Legs
Chest(barbell movements)
Back (thickness rows partial deads etc)
Shoulders/ calves/ abs
Bicep/ tricep

Oh sorry,
6'3 290+
I have to eat that much to gain (ecto)

I'd like to see some pics too;)...........and I have trained 6 or 7 days a week for years.

Last edited:
I've done it before but has to be in spurts and everything has to be perfect for recovery. Lots of food paired with intra workout nutrition and 8 hours sleep a night. Routine was like this

Chest (pre exhaust and hammer strength machine)
Back (all width exercises)
Legs
Chest(barbell movements)
Back (thickness rows partial deads etc)
Shoulders/ calves/ abs
Bicep/ tricep

Nice routine Jeremy! :) My one problem is that i hate train chest, shoulders and arms on separate days :p You know... for me workout only chest, only shoulders or only arms is too short, too light in compare to back day or legs day. I always stack it. For example chest+bic and shoulders+tric. With stacking it, it's so hard to make any routine for 6-7 days a week :-(

I'd like to see some pics too;)...........and I have trained 6 or 7 days a week for years.

Queefer, how Your routine looks like while were you training 6/7 days a week? :)

Nice routine Jeremy! :) My one problem is that i hate train chest, shoulders and arms on separate days :p You know... for me workout only chest, only shoulders or only arms is too short, too light in compare to back day or legs day. I always stack it. For example chest+bic and shoulders+tric. With stacking it, it's so hard to make any routine for 6-7 days a week :-(

Queefer, how Your routine looks like while were you training 6/7 days a week? :)

Chest and cows one day, bis and tris the next, back and cows the next, shoulders the next, repeat...

When I have spare time - I work out 6-7 times a week, and it's great indeed. When preparing for a show, I had 7-9 work-outs, and it was amazing. :rolleyes::cool:

Everybody differs and I don't consider myself to be genetically blessed in any way. That being said I've trained up to 56 days straight without a day off ( the second 28 days was 2 a days @ 40 minutes each. No cardio was done during the 56 days.

I don't feel that my recovery abilities are anything special ( I am over 40). What I can say is this:

Sleep is 7:30-8 hours every night (with cpap)
7 meals a day
Pre peri & post nutrition dialed in
Test @ 1000+ and additional compound @600/week

I wouldn't recommend this for most people, but with the rest, diet, "enhancements" are dialed in it can be done. My buddy was a prison guard at San Quentin and Folsom back in the 80s and 90's before they got rid of the weights. He said the guys trained 3 times a day pretty much everyday and arms were hit ED. They also took 2-3 short naps a day and ate "3 squares" so even though their protein intake wasn't great, they were getting adequate calories. He said "on paper" these guys were overtrained to the max but never had signs/symptoms of overtraining. You can say that these guys are genetic freaks like Kali Muscle but my friends said when I asked him: yes, some work freaks, others were just average dudes that showed up there fat and sloppy or skinny and scrawny but they all ended up big and ripped.

(on a side note, he said the serious guys used to "smuggle" hard boiled eggs out of the kitchen in a mop bucket with dirty water. Like 80-100 at a time then take them back to the guys, peel the shells and eat !)

Last edited:
I've done 6 days of lifting with the 7th day being all cardio. I actually do this often. I'd hit every muscle group twice a week most weeks if I could.

Back
Chest + Bi
Legs
Shoulders + Tri
REPEAT

Did anyone try something like this? It's body part every 4 days :)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131