over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Intermittent Fasting

rainstony

Registered
I just started IF today. I do it daily, fasting from 10pm to 2pm. This diet really has a great positive effect on your psyche. It increases awareness and mood, oddly, along with reaction, cognitive thinking, just to name a few. Workouts definitely take some fucking beast mode to get through, but my pumps and intensity are maybe double as a fed workout.

Who else has some experience with IF? What did you think of it?

I did IF for about 3 years. It was incredibly effective for me, and really brought my physique to a whole new level. I made some very nice gains in that time frame while keeping my bodyfat very low. One thing I enjoyed about the diet was the great deal of leniency it allows. I could eat a lot of things on that diet and stay shredded that I could never get away with on a traditional diet

I did IF for about 3 years. It was incredibly effective for me, and really brought my physique to a whole new level. I made some very nice gains in that time frame while keeping my bodyfat very low. One thing I enjoyed about the diet was the great deal of leniency it allows. I could eat a lot of things on that diet and stay shredded that I could never get away with on a traditional diet

Was there a certain plan you followed that I can read up on or just don't eat for a day etc?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I just started IF today. I do it daily, fasting from 10pm to 2pm. This diet really has a great positive effect on your psyche. It increases awareness and mood, oddly, along with reaction, cognitive thinking, just to name a few. Workouts definitely take some fucking beast mode to get through, but my pumps and intensity are maybe double as a fed workout.

So assuming you get 8 hours of sleep, and you wake up at 6:00am, you pretty much fasted from 6am to 2pm, that's an 8 hour fast.

Did you notice any weakness at all especially when you got hungry first thing in the morning? Any dizziness?

Did you include Amino Acids while you were fasting?

Could you elaborate more?

Also when did you work out? During the fasting hours or did you prefer after you broke the fast?

Ive always been a night eater so I love IF. Did it this last prep and it was great. Drank BCAAs during am. Not sure if thats "technically" allowed but my results were great.

Now off season I do a modified version only fasting for about 13-14 instead of 16 but i dont IF on weekends. Last meal 8-9 at night w first being 10am. Precontest I fasted from 9pm until 1pm. First few days were tough but once I got into a rhythm it was great. I combined IF with CKD.

like someone else said count the hours of sleep and just don't need all morning..

this strategy works for some but for others can backfire. .. it might be better to eat upon waking to kickstart metabolism.

So assuming you get 8 hours of sleep, and you wake up at 6:00am, you pretty much fasted from 6am to 2pm, that's an 8 hour fast.

Did you notice any weakness at all especially when you got hungry first thing in the morning? Any dizziness?

Also when did you work out? During the fasting hours or did you prefer after you broke the fast?

Cant speak for OP but I trained at different times. Some days would be fasted right before first meal. Train then had first meal. Other times id train after work so I had one meal in me before training. I wont lie I felt better having that one meal before training but even fasted once the endorphins kick in its not bad. I drank BCAAs all morning while fasting. Two servings mixed w water upon waking. Sipped that until I trained or ate. If training fasted I mixed another 2 servings to drink while training. My strength was always great fasted or fed. Just difference in energy.

My last meal is at 10pm, and then I will fast all the way until 2pm the next day. So it really doesn't matter what time I wake up, as I am always fasting for 16hours. I get all of my meals in in 8 hours. I still eat very clean, I just eat often. Every 1.5-2 hours.

It's not so bad for me so far, but I adjust to change very well. I have a very lenient schedule. I'm going for a body recomp. I'm at 205 @ 12% BF. By June , I plan to be 195 @ 8%. I'm just doing ano week or so run with it now to gage how I like it and how it effects me

Some days I will do fasted cardio, but at the END of my fast period, from 1pm-2pm and then immediately consume 10g of Creatine and 30g of fast carbs. And the my meals will begin 30 min. Later. And the my workout will be later in the evening after a few meals and about 100 of carbs later.

Sometimes, like today, I will get my workout in from 12:30 to 2pm. Both weights followed by HIIT Cardio. Then I will again, take creatine and carbs and then begin my meals 30 minutes later.

My pumps are incredible when working out fasted. Albeit I sacrifice a little strength and get gassed easy, but the body is very resilient and will adjust itself in a week or so. I also seem to have an increased mental focus and overall better mood during the day while I'm fasted. As opposed to a more tired, groggy feeling while in a fed state.

I really like it thus far, and if I can go from 12 to 8% BF in 8 weeks on this, then I will keep it as a staple when it comes to prep and recomp for sure.

for me its the most convenient way to lose weight still
i dont do it strictly but when im cutting im one of those for whom its easier to eat nothing than to eat small portions

when i get up im good with a coffee or just something to drink for 2-3 hours before acutal hunger kicks in... also when i come home at 11pm or so and go to bed at midnight and my last meal was 6pm then id much rather dont eat anything anymore, because USUALLY when i try to eat a small portion AT NIGHT i tend to overeat or even binge.

i also lose weight / fat MUCH easier by not eating before bed.
i know the whole "dont eat after 6pm" women dieting fad is complete bullshit, but it does work :D and its easy and convenient

eating from about 10am (i might drink coffee or have a protein shake before though) to about 6-7pm or so has actually become normal for me while cutting. some days i might only fast for 12 hours, especially if i have to get up early for university, but its still a very convenient way to lose fat for everyone whos not a morning eater or tends to run into binge eating late at night...

fasting is an excellent tool which seems to shock my metabolic system. i try to fast 1 day a week for 4 weeks for a 24 hr period only drinking water. the next couple days i feel much fuller and more cut as long as im eating clean after..

how can you know all this if you started the diet today?

first time I tried IF was in the early 90s with the Warrior Diet. 20 hours of Fasting four hour of feeding, worked amazing well with certain "supplements".

Ak

I posted this in another thread. However. From what I read it seems iron addicts version of the warrior diet seems more appealing ...

Seems like it works well for most of you.. I don't think I could handle it mentally.
I'm a dick if I don't get food every 3 hours I couldn't imagine going 16 or even training during the fast.. I personally can't train early am I need at least two meals in me.

This "diet" is called being a muslim during ramadan:rolleyes: No, im not muslim. There used to be a pro that came on here that claimed he would just eat a few pieces of fruit and a little protein powder for 24hour intervals here and there to "clean his system out".

Seems like it works well for most of you.. I don't think I could handle it mentally.
I'm a dick if I don't get food every 3 hours I couldn't imagine going 16 or even training during the fast.. I personally can't train early am I need at least two meals in me.

This is because your not fat adapted. Once you slowly start fasting, that cranky tired feeling when you skip meAls goes away. I also did the 16/8 fast. GH peptides and fasting can rip then fat off quickly. I'd fast till 1:30, have about 40g solid protein, 5g added fat and some broccoli. Then 3:00pm lift, with intra workout hydro whey and sometimes add carbs. Then a PWO white rice/whey goop, a dinner about 6:00 then casein at 9:30

Kinda sounds like a bunch of hippie/vegan/mystic crap.:( I guess all the girls in highschool must know of this wonderful diet cuz most of them starve themselves then eat cottage cheese for dinner.

Last edited:
I've done this diet many times with sucess.IT works and it works well.I was never a big breakfast or daytime eater,i feel overeating early in the day, always made me sluggish and lazy.

I do it all the time. Its a great change up from the eat every 2-3 hours 6 meals a day routine. Everything is cyclical for me.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws