over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Elbow Bone Spurs

scrapper13

Kilo Klub Member
Anyone here have experience with this issue? Did you have surgery or just live with it?

Just had this surgery 3 months ago. the pain before the surgery was pretty brutal. It felt like an ice pick in my elbows every time I pressed. I had the left elbow scoped, a month of rehab starting 5 days after the surgery. I was 100% 2 1/2 months after the surgery. I'm glade I did it.
Hope this helps.

Anyone here have experience with this issue? Did you have surgery or just live with it?

I had surgery on both my elbows. The first surgery was on my left elbow when the bone spur broke off while benching. Then a couple years later I broke a bone spur off on my right elbow while doing a tricep ex. I put the surgery off for several months and lived with the pain because it was bad timing. A couple weeks before the surgery, my tricep exploded and I need a much worse surgery and I will never be the same. My advice is that if the pain is not tolerable then get it fixed. The pain is only going to get worse and you are only putting off the inevitable.

I have been dealing with a painful bone spurr in my right elbow for years. I also have calcium deposits in there. I have had 3 cortisone shots so far and they help immensly but they dont last forever. They will generally last me 3 months each shot, sometimes a bit longer. I will someday get it fixed as surgery is the only option but I keep putting it off :) I got a shot about a month ago and its feeling awesome lately. My orthopedic surgeon said I can get 4 a year but we all know they arent that good for you but they work wonders for me. One day I will bite the bullet and get it taken care of but I just hate the thought of surgery and the downtime. Elbow sleeves will help with the pain. I recently have been using some Inzer sleeves that have velcro so you can tighten them up and they are working great. It seems that extra tightening around the elbow area really helps me.

Last edited:
I have been dealing with a painful bone spurr in my right elbow for years. I also have calcium deposits in there. I have had 3 cortisone shots so far and they help immensly but they dont last forever. They will generally last me 3 months each shot, sometimes a bit longer. I will someday get it fixed as surgery is the only option but I keep putting it off :) I got a shot about a month ago and its feeling awesome lately. My orthopedic surgeon said I can get 4 a year but we all know they arent that good for you but they work wonders for me. One day I will bite the bullet and get it taken care of but I just hate the thought of surgery and the downtime. Elbow sleeves will help with the pain. I recently have been using some Inzer sleeves that have velcro so you can tighten them up and they are working great. It seems that extra tightening around the elbow area really helps me.

Yes, before I broke my spurs off, I was using Rehaband elbow sleeves from ATP Pro Wrist Straps and it enabled me to handle the pain much better.

i have bone spurs in my knee, ortho is going to do a cortisone shot and see how it goes, my gut feeling is that they need to be removed. Bone spurs are a structural issue, the longer they stay in the joint, the more opportunity they have to cause further damage. I suggest having them removed, but most likely your ortho will want to try and cortisone shot first

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws