over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much sodium?

Jeremy24

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
How much sodium are you guys adding to meals? or daily intake total?

I ask because i was finding that while im hard and vascular everywhere ive been holding this layer of water around my abs and low back. So i decided to add up my total sodium for the day on average and i think it was wayyyy to high!!

My food alone with nothing added to it was around 2100 mgs

seasonings added another 1200-1500

salt added to my food was 3500-3700

hot sauces and shit like that added another 3000

so u total that and its over 8 grams of sodium maybe more some days.

So what i did was ive only added an 1/8 teaspoon of pink sea salt to 5 out of 6 meals a day, the 6th being a shake. which is about 1500mgs sodium plus a little bit from mustard and reduced how much hot sauce i use. so im probably between 1500-2200 mgs ADDED sodium a day and i look much better. i still get great pumps etc, just without the added water weight.

I dont work a labor intensive job so besides cardio and training i dont sweat much throughout the day, so i figured im not losing those minereals through salt. although i do drink upward of 2 gallons of water

I easily take in 5g daily. I drink close to 2 gallons water per day and have no issues.

I've never calculated, but I probably should. I've switched to "lite salt" which has a combo and potassium and sodium chloride and tastes the same. I eat a lot of carton egg beaters / whites which could be adding more sodium than I realize.

I've always had water and bloat issues and have yet to figure out the exact cause. Anything above TRT dosage and I retain water even with an AI.

I easily take in 5g daily. I drink close to 2 gallons water per day and have no issues.

i think it could be like anything else where there isnt one set thing that works for everyone

I've never calculated, but I probably should. I've switched to "lite salt" which has a combo and potassium and sodium chloride and tastes the same. I eat a lot of carton egg beaters / whites which could be adding more sodium than I realize.

I've always had water and bloat issues and have yet to figure out the exact cause. Anything above TRT dosage and I retain water even with an AI.

i had never calculated either but i was curious to what was going on with me

Sodium is less of an issue with plenty of water and a balance of magnesium and potassium.

Sodium is less of an issue with plenty of water and a balance of magnesium and potassium.

Very true... it is not necessarily that you had too much sodium, but the balance of sodium to other electrolytes and water intake were off.

Very true... it is not necessarily that you had too much sodium, but the balance of sodium to other electrolytes and water intake were off.

so would you say that i wasnt drinking enough? consuming 2 gallons water per day?

My diet consist of egg whites, chicken breast whey iso, 1/2 cup oats x 2 meals, 1/2 cup jasmine rice x 3 meals

fats from fish oils right now, pre contest

would you supplement with potassium/

so would you say that i wasnt drinking enough? consuming 2 gallons water per day?

My diet consist of egg whites, chicken breast whey iso, 1/2 cup oats x 2 meals, 1/2 cup jasmine rice x 3 meals

I am not saying you weren't drinking enough... I would say that FOR THE AMOUNT OF SODIUM you were consuming you weren't drinking enough. Of course the other option is reduce sodium. But you can't look at each thing in isolation....

I would supplement with potassium if bloodwork consistently indicated low potassium.

i started salting my food several years back after realizing i was flat and soft especially in the summer. as i was not getting that much sodium as i don't eat much processed foods. so it depends on the individual and their diet.

Hopefully you're using Iodized Salt.

It supplies iodine and potassium, both necessary nutrients.

Sea salt, for example, contains very little of either.

-MT

Your diet looks pretty low on magnesium. I'd supplement that first. Eat some potato or banana for potassium, safer that way.

I never took the time to add up how much salt I added to food. I always would drink plenty of fluid and eat a lot of salt and live happy happy happy.

I never took the time to add up how much salt I added to food. I always would drink plenty of fluid and eat a lot of salt and live happy happy happy.
exactly...

your body adapts to how much sodium you eat and balances out its diuretic hormones according to that.

IMO the main thing is that sodium intake should be consistent if you want to minimize water retention / fluctuation. consistent, not low.

this is something thats completely not worth stressing about, unless youre like one week out. then just cut sodium and lose the water :cool:

Your diet looks pretty low on magnesium. I'd supplement that first. Eat some potato or banana for potassium, safer that way.

there is enough magnesium in his oats unless I am mistaken by the conversion of cups into grams and a banana wtf

I salt every one of them with sea salt during my pre contest prep. Off season I don't salt

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity