over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T bicep and pec tendon pain

little slice

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
so a few days ago, I pinned my left pec. It got a little red and swollen, as can sometimes happen.

a day later, I put 1cc in either bicep head on my left bicep. Got a little red and swollen, etc.. etc.. (didn't swell my other pec or bicep when I pinned there).

today, I trained back, my left bicep and pec were still slightly swollen, and a little bit tight. Figured it wouldn't be a big deal as I only do double-overhand stuff and don't train like an idiot.

well now, a few hours later, my bicep is very, very tight, and the inner head hurts pretty good. im pretty sure that there were no tears, as there were no snaps, pains, bruising, etc.. I went home and ate my post-workout meal then took a nap...waking up in this pain.

bicep pain increases to touch as it gets closer to my shoulder

also my pec is very tight. pain isn't as bad as my bicep, and neither of the muscles are more swollen than before I trained today.

pain ranges from a kind of burning sensation, to a dull ache.

any suggestions?

TL : DR - my body fucking hurts, what do I do?

Ice and ibuprofen and keep an eye on it for a day or so. I wouldn't think infection setting in that quickly

Ice and ibuprofen and keep an eye on it for a day or so. I wouldn't think infection setting in that quickly

it's definitely not an infection.. just inflammation from leakage, I guess you could call it.

the swelling has been exacerbated by today's training. thanks for your advice ill definitely do those things

Post a pic Bahaha, sorry couldn't help myself. Feel better bud

the ice feels amazing definitely a good call

gunna hit the sack. ill update tommoorroow

I have the same problem with bicep pins ocassionally.

well

this morning my bicep is pretty swollen, very tight.. very limited range of motion (that is, if I don't want to feel pain from stretching it).

this really sucks... but I guess it could be worse. I guess I know what not to do in the future..

judging by how it feels, it could be a few more days before its back to normal.

ill try heat next, thanks for the suggestion

Makes sense that the pain radiates up to your shoulder if your medial/short head of the bicep is inflamed, the origin for it is the coracoid process. Plus the pec major spans over that area as well.

I wouldn't inject the short head of my bicep, unless i had to. The nerves off the brachial plexus run down the medial and posterior arm.

intredasting.

well, things are slowly improving.. going to have to take an unplanned couple days off as the inflammation goes down and range of motion returns..

sucks, but it's part of the game I guess :/

could always be worse

A heat pack will work wonders. Stay away from ice when it comes to muscle unless you are using the ice to drive out blood and heat to draw fresh blood back into the muscle.

A heat pack will work wonders. Stay away from ice when it comes to muscle unless you are using the ice to drive out blood and heat to draw fresh blood back into the muscle.

thanks bro, ill try a heat pack.

im thinking about sitting in a hot tub for an hour or so...seeing if that helps at all

well, something finally happened..

the redness, pain and swelling went away. trained chest and biceps a week ago without incident.

chest and biceps today however, did not go so well. was getting ready to do my second work set on machine press, and right as I began to press the weight, I felt a small "crack" in my shoulder/bicep area, and a slight pinch/burning pain.

so I lowered the weight, stretched it out, and continued (stupid, I know).. raised the weight back up slowly... only had pain as I began the pressing movement.

anyways, finished the workout early and went home, now im icing it. no bruising or swelling. no clue what happened, hoping it's minor...

ugh.

Sounds like it could be the long head of your bicep where it attaches to your shoulder.

Ice like the rest have said. Go to doc if it doesn't get better in one week.

good suggestions.

it's such a bummer cuz everything felt so light :(

guess ill have to pay more attention to stretching and warming up in the future.

ill post any updates here.

everyone feel free to post advice, experiences, and suggestions. :headbang:

good suggestions.

it's such a bummer cuz everything felt so light :(

guess ill have to pay more attention to stretching and warming up in the future.

ill post any updates here.

everyone feel free to post advice, experiences, and suggestions. :headbang:

Only ice if you feel pain. Icing prolongs the healing process. Ice is used to bring down inflammation which reduces pain. Your body needs the inflammation to get blood into the injury to repair the damage. Same goes for anti-inflammatory meds.

No way to tell what exactly is the cause of the pain unless you are very specific about the location of the pain, and what movements hurt it.

Just rest it and work around it. I'd still hit the gym, do exercises that don't aggravate it. After a week, do some light weight internal and external rotation to warm things up.

Only ice if you feel pain. Icing prolongs the healing process. Ice is used to bring down inflammation which reduces pain. Your body needs the inflammation to get blood into the injury to repair the damage. Same goes for anti-inflammatory meds.

No way to tell what exactly is the cause of the pain unless you are very specific about the location of the pain, and what movements hurt it.

Just rest it and work around it. I'd still hit the gym, do exercises that don't aggravate it. After a week, do some light weight internal and external rotation to warm things up.

ok so no ice. the pain has already started to subside (only had it when moving arm in very specific areas), pain originated toward the front of the armpit/very front of the inside of the bicep.. pretty sure it's bicep-related, resulting from the PIP and swelling from the bad shot.

ill update tomorrow

Also stop injecting close to tendons, just stick to your butt cheeks for awhile, ( for future advice), hope you get better and your able to train without worry soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like it could be the long head of your bicep where it attaches to your shoulder.

This is where I had a major strain, had to see an ortho dr and he plus his team knew exactly what it was from the moment I was finished explaining it.

With me, I was doing heavy benches, and heard a "crackle sound" then the weight dropped onto the safety rack.

Sounds like yours may not be as bad because I was in constant pain to the point I thought I tore something, I would still suggest getting it checked out just to be safe.

From what they told me, if this tears, they have to go in and clean it from the bone, then staple it back on, which results in the bicep never looking the same way again and also out of the gym for 6 months or so.

I don't play anymore when it comes to injuries and just "letting things heal" as I've done that in the past, 39 now and I don't really want to take a chance of my bicep looking like a ball of shit.

Like I said, I'd suggest getting it checked out by someone that knows what to look at... but it's up to you how you want to handle it.

Good luck either way

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner