YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is, in your opinion, the best "supplement" in history?

taz

Registered
I was talking to a couple of my clients tonight who were telling me all the various pills and powders and drinks and crap that they are taking. So I was thinking about all the various stuff that has come along in the last 20 years or so that I could remember that was supposed to change the face of bodybuilding.

I did a search and didnt see this topic anywhere so I thought I would toss it up for some of the old-heads like me that remember way back when.

Some were valuable (creatine), some were total junk (chromium picolinate)

So here are a few that I can remember that for a little while were considered superb supplements for building muscle and getting stronger. Some still are, others are/were junk.

Creatine Monohydrate (then Phosphagen HP came along)
Chromium Picolinate
Vanadyl Sulfate
DHEA
HMB

What do you guys remember or which one(s) is or are your favorite still?

Creatine for sure is the best and most validated.

Whey Protein Isolate.

Creatine would be second.

BetaAlanine is the ONLY supplement where i truly felt a difference while training.

Curcumin, hands down.

Not just for bodybuilding, but for health and well being that benefits you in all aspects of life.
I have been off of the good stuff for a long time and I am really noticing its absence.

The near elimination of soreness, increased recovery, reduced joint pain, and reduction in bodyfat have always had me feeling that this supplement has drug like effects for athletes and BB'ers. Add in all the health benefits including cancer prevention (and in some case treatment for existing cancers) and this is a must have supplement for everyone. There are numerous studies supporting its effectiveness, and I have seen it work its magic in real life on myself and others, even the cancer fighting properties.

I give this stuff out as gifts to friends and families because I am such a believer.

Curcumin, hands down.

Not just for bodybuilding, but for health and well being that benefits you in all aspects of life.
I have been off of the good stuff for a long time and I am really noticing its absence.

The near elimination of soreness, increased recovery, reduced joint pain, and reduction in bodyfat have always had me feeling that this supplement has drug like effects for athletes and BB'ers. Add in all the health benefits including cancer prevention (and in some case treatment for existing cancers) and this is a must have supplement for everyone. There are numerous studies supporting its effectiveness, and I have seen it work its magic in real life on myself and others, even the cancer fighting properties.

I give this stuff out as gifts to friends and families because I am such a believer.

Do you use the oral LEF curcumin or the injectable from VR Supplies on this board?

I'm going to go with either curcumin or whey protein. I don't even consider whey a supplement since it's basically food, but for all purposes of the discussion, that is the easy choice. I always felt creatine was a little overrated, never noticed any difference whether I am taking it or not.

I'm going to go with either curcumin or whey protein. I don't even consider whey a supplement since it's basically food, but for all purposes of the discussion, that is the easy choice. I always felt creatine was a little overrated, never noticed any difference whether I am taking it or not.

Really, when you look at many of these things, many can be found in food form, what separates them as a supplement?

Curcumin = tumeric
Whey protein / whey isolate = milk products
Creatine = beef and shellfish

If you want to look at what is the most researched and proven supplement, that would be creatine, however, once you reach saturation levels of creatine phsophate stores any extra isn't going to do you any more good.

I've always considered my protein powders as a food as well, as I use them a meal component whereas the others are not a source of calories.

What about multi vitamins?

I think we need criteria to rate these... I think if you looked at what supplement or sports performance / nutrition product has had the GREATEST IMPACT on the supplement industry, I would say whey protein has had the greatest impact.

food

BetaAlanine is the ONLY supplement where i truly felt a difference while training.

Whey and creative most likely work...but BetaAlanine is the only one that I actually feel working

Whey and creative most likely work...but BetaAlanine is the only one that I actually feel working

So because you "feel" it, it makes it the best? I'm sure you'd feel cocaine too, would that also make it an awesome supplement? Using the criteria of, "because I feel it, it is the best" is truly OUTSTANDING logic... and an even better use of objective criteria...

Last edited:
Well since you used "", I'm assuming synthetic testosterone is included.

Lmao! Who the hell said beta alanine???

Well since you used "", I'm assuming synthetic testosterone is included.

Lmao! Who the hell said beta alanine???

Resident scientists

So because you "feel" it, it makes it the best? I'm sure you'd feel cocaine too, would that also make it an awesome supplement? Using the criteria of, "because I feel it, it is the best" is truly OUTSTANDING logic... and an even better use of objective criteria...

I'm free to think whatever I want, yes I feel BA is the best supplement out there in terms of OTC because I've use many diffrent things and it's the only one which actually improved my endurance and stamina. He said in your OPINION and that's my opinion.

He did say opinion, and some opinions are back by much more evidence than others... He also didn't say "for you" but "changed the face of bodybuilding"...

By I'll just keep my "opinion" to myself :)

I'm free to think whatever I want, yes I feel BA is the best supplement out there in terms of OTC because I've use many diffrent things and it's the only one which actually improved my endurance and stamina. He said in your OPINION and that's my opinion.

I agree with whey and creatine mono as the most effective supplements. Now if the question was what has made the biggest impact to the supplement industry making it a multi billion dollar industry, I would say pre workout drinks. They may not do much other than something you can feel but that's why so many will buy those products above all else. Look at how much retail space it given to those products.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear