advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Highest amount of carbs you've successfully dieted on?

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Anyone like to diet with higher carbs? Anytime I go low carb, I lose my mind and end up dying for a huge cheat meal after a few days. Thinking of trying the higher carb diet approach (300g), keeping fats extremely low.

300 grams is what I prefer. I feel terrible on low carbs. 37.5 grams carbs per meal if you do 8 meals. 50 grams per meal if you do 6 meals. :D

Last year I started around 400 I think and ended around 100.

Although it's difficult towards the tail end of the diet when carbs are very low. Having a carb refeed day really makes a difference for me.

For me I am at 350-400g on training days and non-training days it is all protein and fat throughout the day.

The non-training days is one meal in the evening with some protein and all carbs with minimal fat. The carbs land around 400-500g trying to keep them mostly clean though...I have gone the other way with lower grade foods and I just do not look the same afterwards or even the next day for that matter.

Anyone like to diet with higher carbs? Anytime I go low carb, I lose my mind and end up dying for a huge cheat meal after a few days. Thinking of trying the higher carb diet approach (300g), keeping fats extremely low.

Curious, What are you going to run your fats at?

Curious, What are you going to run your fats at?

31g from trace fats, with the exception of 1 tablespoon natural pb in the meadows pre workout bowl I have.

My last prep I had quite a bit longer to play around with, so I kept my carbs higher to start (350grams). I usually start off much lower, but my body reacted surprisingly well with this many carbs this time around. I have tried forms of the keto diet in prep before with success but absolutely drove me insane.

My last prep I had quite a bit longer to play around with, so I kept my carbs higher to start (350grams). I usually start off much lower, but my body reacted surprisingly well with this many carbs this time around. I have tried forms of the keto diet in prep before with success but absolutely drove me insane.

i've been doing a keto diet for my prep...:banghead:
the cravings i get for sweets are ridiculous

I'm also doing this on just TRT, no AAS or other fat loss assistance :(

What about just timing carbs around training... have some carbs intra and post and that's it... I prefer to do that when I diet. Still recover good and have energy. Gradually taper carbs down as you need to continue progress.

What about just timing carbs around training... have some carbs intra and post and that's it... I prefer to do that when I diet. Still recover good and have energy. Gradually taper carbs down as you need to continue progress.

That is actually what I've been doing that has made it miserable. The lack of carbs during the day before I eat all my carbs at night during that window just sucks. I like to have carbs throughout the day for mental sanity.

Will be trying higher carbs next prep. Ive always done keto w a one day refeed. I dont do low/no carbs well. Im completely miserable after two days. Right now im bulking on 300 and feel great. I take weekends off. When I start prep ill keep at 300, lower fat and not take weekends off. Thatll be starting point anyway.

Im convinced for me that I get way too flat on zero carbs and cant completely fill out without spilling.

Do you keep all your other meals to protein and fats or do you have some meals of just protein?

From what I've been doing I can do ketos pretty easily now. Could run on 60g of carbs on workout days and zero on rest days very successfully also.

But I have to mention that if I'm doing keto, you better not fucking touch my pre-workout.

From what I've been doing I can do ketos pretty easily now. Could run on 60g of carbs on workout days and zero on rest days very successfully also.

But I have to mention that if I'm doing keto, you better not fucking touch my pre-workout.

IDK why I didn't mention my highs. I can 150 without being on products and be good to go but on cycle I have to check. I can probably do 200 but I always approach it slowly to minimize the fat gain.

Anyone eating close to 5k in the offseason is probably going to be starting his diet at close to 500g, especially easy if cardio is increased concurrently.

I really like finding a "base" amount of carbs per meal, then doing 150% of this amount of first meal and post workout meal, and doing 50% of that amount for last 1 or 2 meals, depending on training time.

This is one of Chris Aceto's methods.

Last edited:
lets give some insight here, depends on what you weigh

as a general rule i like to diet on one gram per pound carb of bodyweight , no additon fat just from meats and eggs and such , high protein

not getting into specifics, just keeping it general ^^^^

sometimes I get craving, like last night, kept my calories low and fat lower yesterday, then last night in the middle of the night got into my peanut butter stash and ate a few tablespoons
woke up and added them to my calories. dont let it stress you, the cravinfs are sooo real. Although, As i get further into my prep from experience I get better at controling cravings and sticking to my diet goals

I have woken up before and had a revalation from God that God told me to eat some fat and I did then I wake up in morning and think wtf, maybe god didnt , maybe he did, maybe it was a goofy dream Idk

Last edited:
For me it's depend of that how many carbs do You eat in "off-season" and what is Your activity.

For example... Justin Compton or Roman Fritz; they diet on even 500-600g carbs but... in off season they eat 1000-1300g carbs and train 6-7 days a week.

For me I'm dieting right now and eating 90 grams of carbs, 50 grams of fat and 225 grams of protein. On my high carb days which is Wednesday and Saturday I'm eating 400 grams of carbs.

Genetically I have a slow metabolism and always have had one. I can bulk up on 3000 calories if I wanted too.

I can eat 300 grams of carbs without gaining weight but I would have to keep fats non existent which is bad because fats help keep testosterone levels high, especially when dieting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity