over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT: Purchasing a diamond online

DLStryker

Registered
Anyone have experience with purchasing a diamond from one of the online suppliers. Looking at 1.25 to 1.5 carat. Seem to be about $2K to $3k less than the local jeweler. I know a lot will have opinions, but looking for some thought from actual experience or knowledge of actual experience.

Regards,

I wouldn't do it. My finances sister managed a jewelry store before buying a bridal shop and I learned a lot about diamonds when I bought hers. You can really tell a difference in quality. Her best friend went and got all the specs from her sister and then cheaper out and order from an online dealer. The difference between hers and her friends are night and day.
Not saying that you won't find a good deal but do your homework. Clarity, color, cut and classification. Make sure there is a return policy and get it appraised as soon as you get it. I think women would rather have a nicer diamond than a bigger one. Her friends looks almost yellow and there are significant inclusions. My advice is to shop around and look at halo rings. It makes my girls 2 carat look a lot bigger. Good luck and congratulations!! My wedding is in 4 weeks. [emoji3]

Ordered diamond earrings from blue Nile. Great quality and price.

Bluenile

I also had some considerable reservations about ordering a diamond online. I took the plunge and ordered from Bluenile. The diamond is exceptional and has received multiple comments from local jewelers at high end stores for its quality. The inclusions are insignificant and not clustered together. I don't recall what the specifications were at the moment but I am more than satisfied. I dropped $8.9k and it appraised for 10.8k from an insurance company. It was also GIA rated. They have a generous return policy should you be unhappy with your purchase. Unless you know someone in the industry, I've found the online retailers are signicantly less expensive with diamonds of equal quality. Remember, this is an N=1 and possibly not the consensus of most. My two cents.

I wouldn't do it. My finances sister managed a jewelry store before buying a bridal shop and I learned a lot about diamonds when I bought hers. You can really tell a difference in quality. Her best friend went and got all the specs from her sister and then cheaper out and order from an online dealer. The difference between hers and her friends are night and day.
Not saying that you won't find a good deal but do your homework. Clarity, color, cut and classification. Make sure there is a return policy and get it appraised as soon as you get it. I think women would rather have a nicer diamond than a bigger one. Her friends looks almost yellow and there are significant inclusions. My advice is to shop around and look at halo rings. It makes my girls 2 carat look a lot bigger. Good luck and congratulations!! My wedding is in 4 weeks. [emoji3]

How much did that cost? 12-15?

Like everything else, do your homework. You will save a ton, if you buy correctly.

Blue Nile has impeccable reputation. I bought 2 flawless D's for $37k for earrings. Valued and insured for $55k.

as long as it comes with proper documentation (gia cert) i wouldnt be too concerned if its a reputable company. i would NEVER buy any diamond without gia cert...ever.

How much did that cost? 12-15?

It's valued at just over 14k but I didn't pay that. Having her sister managing a jewelry store at the time was extremely helpful. You wouldn't believe the markup at these places. Still spent a decent amount of my savings though but definitely worth it. Also took a lot of the guess work out it for me.

Anyone have experience with purchasing a diamond from one of the online suppliers. Looking at 1.25 to 1.5 carat. Seem to be about $2K to $3k less than the local jeweler. I know a lot will have opinions, but looking for some thought from actual experience or knowledge of actual experience.

Regards,

a lot of people that sell diamonds online are just pawn shops using internet for another avenue to makes sales...

I had my wife's wedding ring made by a jeweler. I bought the diamonds through Blue Nile. As well, I had to buy an ounce of gold through the jeweler. It's 4 carats total weight. The total cost was $5,500 appraised and insured at $16,000.
HPIM1050.jpg

Last edited:
Learn to negotiate...

I got prices online and then went to a jeweler nearby that has a great reputation. He said he would give me better quality and beat the price. He also threw in the setting for dirt cheap and then "shipped" the ring so it wasn't taxed.

It also helps to see them because my girl originally thought she wanted a round diamond, but after seeing the cushion cut in a round halo setting, she loved it. I let her choose a diamond she liked, then I went online, go comparable then shopped the local dealers and got the best price.

GIA is the best certification because the other certification organizations get paid by the diamond seller, GIA does not make a profit from the grading like other organizations, GIA is a non-profit institution (I believe - correct me if i am wrong).

I got her a VVS1, ideal / brilliant cut, E color, zero fluorescence 1.42 carat stone in a halo criss - crossed band setting with small stones totaling .88 carat for what I would say is a damn good price. It was a custom ring done by the jeweler (his own design) but similar settings alone for for $3-4K, and he pretty much gave it away.

it is beautiful ring and although the diamond isn't huge, it looks much bigger because of the quality of the stone. She chose that stone because it truly stood out. When looking at all other comparable stones together (all GIA certified) even ones with similar gradings (minus the cut quality or fluorescence level) it just sparkled so much more. The wedding bands were done to match the ring, so I got her the one side as her wedding band, and at our 1 year anniversary, I am going to give her the other side of the band to balance it out.

As others have stated, blue Nile is a great, high quality retailer, and you will get a great diamond there. I've bought necklaces and earrings there. But use the information on blue nile to negotiate a good price at a jeweler... and if you want to get your girl's input, let her look at some styles and see what really makes her eyes get wide.

Last edited:
as long as it comes with proper documentation (gia cert) i wouldnt be too concerned if its a reputable company. i would NEVER buy any diamond without gia cert...ever.

Agreed.

I got mine from adiamor. Very good value and loved the fact that you could choose the diamond specifically for the ring rather than going into a shop.
Not all about size get a good cut. I got a 1carat brilliant/ideal cut vvs1 colour d for about £3-4k looks amazing in person in comparison to near enough ever other diamond ring we've seen

Go to the Diamond District in Manhattan, use the secret knock....pay cash for the stone and have your own setting made. Beat everyone.

GIA is the best certification because the other certification organizations get paid by the diamond seller, GIA does not make a profit from the grading like other organizations, GIA is a non-profit institution (I believe - correct me if i am wrong).

If you stick to this (GIA cert), then you can compare apples to apples. That's how I went about it. My GF loves Tacori too, and those freakin' things are as much as some of the diamonds alone! lol I actually scoured Ebay for about two months...found a 1 carat GIA certed diamond in the clarity and color I was looking for with a platinum Tacori ring...paid her $3700 asking price(private seller...you likely won't as good of a deal from a reseller)...ring and diamond were worth $12k. Had it polished and re-sized for $250 and only my wallet could tell the difference between new and this! lol

Go to the Diamond District in Manhattan, use the secret knock....pay cash for the stone and have your own setting made. Beat everyone.
What kind of deals can be had? Are we talking insane deals?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws