over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is this kidney pain or back pain?

NY Muscle

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Been having some pain in my lower back right side maybe 3-4 inches away from my spine. It hurts when I move a certain way then it feels tight a bit, I don't feel throbbing and only hurts from certain movements. I have never had kidney pain so I can't tell if its kidney or back.

The first time I felt it was 2-3 weeks ago when I was washing my car, it started when I had bent over so figured I tweaked it from that but maybe it was a coincidence.

My pee is not cloudy (I drink a lot of water) and I also do not know what other signs to look for. I plan to just go to the Dr. on Monday and get blood work and give a urine sample to see what's up. I have searched and searched but cant find any posts where someone can give a good outline of the difference between just having a sore/right back or actual kidney pain and what other signs to look for

Any ideas? Thanks.

Ps...sometimes I feel a somewhat slightly sharp pain but again only from moving certain ways.

Last edited:
If it's from movement, it's most likely back pain. Could be a pinched nerve or maybe even your spine being misaligned. If it's a nerve or disc issue, a chiro would be ideal. I highly doubt it's kidney pain, but I'm not a doctor so I don't want to jump to any conclusions.

My wife had a kidney stone a few months ago, I had her read your post, she said it was similar for her.
What's your age?

My wife had a kidney stone a few months ago, I had her read your post, she said it was similar for her.
What's your age?

I'm 41. Thanks for the input guys.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I'm 41. Thanks for the input guys.

Sure, she had her's at 38. So you're old enough to get one, as am I. After seeing what she went through, I hope like hell I never get one.

Could be a kidney stone, my wife had 3 at 28....

Man, I hope you're one tough SOB because the what I witnessed when the pain was at it's highest... fuck.

JUST Went Through This

Been having some pain in my lower back right side maybe 3-4 inches away from my spine. It hurts when I move a certain way then it feels tight a bit, I don't feel throbbing and only hurts from certain movements. I have never had kidney pain so I can't tell if its kidney or back.

The first time I felt it was 2-3 weeks ago when I was washing my car, it started when I had bent over so figured I tweaked it from that but maybe it was a coincidence.

My pee is not cloudy (I drink a lot of water) and I also do not know what other signs to look for. I plan to just go to the Dr. on Monday and get blood work and give a urine sample to see what's up. I have searched and searched but cant find any posts where someone can give a good outline of the difference between just having a sore/right back or actual kidney pain and what other signs to look for

Any ideas? Thanks.

Ps...sometimes I feel a somewhat slightly sharp pain but again only from moving certain ways.

I could have written the same post last week. I had on and off pain just like you described for about two months. It would go from (on a 1-10 scale) a mild 2-ish to a more nagging 7-ish. Never bothered me when I trained back though, so I started thinking it might be kidney related. Didn't do anything about it other than try to be sure to drink plenty of water.

Then LAST WEEK, POW! That same spot you described REALLY started hurting one afternoon. Like an arrow in my back being pushed and twisted around. It was BAD. That night I was in agony and nothing helped. I mean, it was either a 9 or 10 ALL night. Just terrible. At 8 the next morning I went to an Urgent Care by my house and he took a urine sample and said there was every indication to believe I had a kidney stone. An ultrasound could confirm it, but he said based on the symptoms, I felt 90% sure that's what it was.

All I could do, he said, was suffer through and pass it. Drink a lot of water and hang in there. It usually takes a day or a few days, then the pain will just 100% go away as the stone gets free, ending the urine blockage.

The pain moved to my side, then kinda to the front of my side. I felt sick, sweating a lot on-and-off, and my whole ab area got bloated -- which also confirmed what the doctor said. I wasn't passing urine as I should, so as I upped the water intake, it bloated me. the pain moved as the blockage (stone) moved. I also had pain into my groin and nuts.

He gave me muscle relaxers and pain killers, enough for a whole week if necessary, and said, "if you just can't take it, surgery is an option, but try to just tough it out.

The next day was terrible - I read that passing a kidney stone is more painful than child birth, and this is what WOMEN SAY who HAVE experienced both. It was hell…

THEN, it was over. That pain I had for two month was even completely gone. I haven't passed a stone completely out my urethra as far as I know - a friend who had this said it's easy to miss it, which seems hard to believe - but I guess the worst is over. It's been about a week now and I'm better than ever.

Go to a doctor, as you planned, get the urine test. They will be able to make a pretty good educated guess if it's a stone or some other kidney problem (an infection is possible, but you'd probably have other pretty severe symptoms too).

Hope this helps. God be with you if you pass a stone like I did. It's a miserable experience...

Aren't you so glad NY you came on here and asked? Now you are getting the nitty gritty details of what you may have to endure if we are correct....:p
Keep us posted.

If it is a kidney stone, it can be tiny and give you a lot of pain. #1 - they are not perfectly round little stones. They are jagged in shape. #2 - I was told by my urologist that the ureters are very small in the inside diameter. Not much bigger than the point of a ball point pen.

If it is stones or not get it checked out. There is nothing like having a piece of mind.

When I had kidney pains it didn't take much movement at all to get pain , I could just be standing still and ill get a sharp pain in my lower back.

If it's a kidney stone, you need a CT scan. If the stones are large and obstructing, they'll need to destroy them by s procedure called lithotripsy that use shock waves to collapse the stones

I am genuinely scared of kidney stones after reading and hearing about how painful they are. My poor friend had tons of them when he was in his late teens, said it was excruciatingly painful.

I have experienced the exact same thing over the last 2 weeks :eek: The pain got worse a few days ago. This sounds like it will be fun :eek:

I have experienced the exact same thing over the last 2 weeks :eek: The pain got worse a few days ago. This sounds like it will be fun :eek:

Sorry brother, I just remembered one night my wife writhing in pain on the bed, unable to be comforted...

Lol shit. If it's a stone I'd just opt for them to go up my pee hole and pulverize it. I get a camera stuck up there once a year so I'm used to it. I'll see what happens at Dr tomorrow. Thanks for the input.

Had the same issue, ended being an infection not related to stones. But you should head to the doc bro! Why play around with it?:eek:

Any ideas? Thanks.

I had mid to low right side back pain for months off an on. It mainly happened when I twisted or curved my back. I could hardly wipe my ass on the toilet with my right hand. I was worried it was kidney or liver issue too because it lasted for months. It turned out to be in my back muscles. I went to a chiropractor and he worked wonders with massage, specific stretching, adjustments. Its totally gone now. I would say that if it is kidney or organ pain it would be consistant and not based on some type of movement or position of your spine/back.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear