over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DUSTY HANSHAW!

tri-terror

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hey man can you give the board an update on what you are up to? maybe? please?:)

I know you still come here to read all the tom foolery...

Dusty, we need bodybuilders of your caliber posting here! Your presence is missed!!

Dusty, we need bodybuilders of your caliber posting here! Your presence is missed!!
True story. It was always nice to have these high caliber guys here to balance out the newbies.

We have a lot of pros that lurk here and don't or seldom post, but I've figured out who you guys are lol!

You know what else would be cool? If Big A would do like an updated "so heres the truth". Or maybe update the prep thread with any changes he'd make now, and the third part.

He put some pics on FB last week and said he was starting prep for his first pro show. He doesn't post much anymore.

Thanks for hitting me up and for letting me know this was here. All is well and as mentioned earlier I started my prep 16 weeks out from my debut at the Phx Europa. I had a good offseason since getting back in the gym after taking a little over a month off. Early in the season was a lot of travel for me but that works well with my prep style. Chris started bringing the bodyfat down a few weeks ago but now we are back to our typical ways of shooting for growth while I'm coming down. As is typical I dropped about twelve pound right out of the gate but that's heading the other way now and I'm back up seven pounds over the last stretch.

As is always the case Dante has been handling all of my training this year and I'm really happy with the changes I have made to my physique following the changes he made to my plan for the past 5-6 months. My goal is to keep my body healthy throughout this prep and come in drastically better in condition and muscularity compared to any version of me the world has seen before.

If anyone has any more specific questions that I missed be sure to post them up here and I will answer. Also as far as not being on here as much it's just because a lot of the topics that people ask about I don't have a lot of interest in or passion about. Being blunt I see that more and more athletes are looking for the secret in the drugs and all I can say is the further along I get the more I realize that I've always been right in assuming the best plan for success is to be obsessive about training and nutrition and just use the other as the obvious boost that it is before prep. I even had a kid ask if I had cleaned up after seeing a YouTube video and my answer was yes, I always do. I typically take about 4-6 weeks off of training per year and during that time I eat however I feel which typically is not a ton. Beyond that 4-6 weeks off from everything I also like to take my foot off the gas pedal and rely on only training and food to try to make my gains. By doing this I am more healthy and when I decide it's time to push it is very obvious.

Awesome, thanks for coming by!
Anything you can share about how you are training would be great. Like even the basics about your split and how much volume etc. I'd really like to see how things evolve as you get closer.

Whats the plan to improve conditioning?

Good to hear from you Dusty. I am glad all is well. I hope your business is prospering too.

Thanks for hitting me up and for letting me know this was here. All is well and as mentioned earlier I started my prep 16 weeks out from my debut at the Phx Europa. I had a good offseason since getting back in the gym after taking a little over a month off. Early in the season was a lot of travel for me but that works well with my prep style. Chris started bringing the bodyfat down a few weeks ago but now we are back to our typical ways of shooting for growth while I'm coming down. As is typical I dropped about twelve pound right out of the gate but that's heading the other way now and I'm back up seven pounds over the last stretch.

As is always the case Dante has been handling all of my training this year and I'm really happy with the changes I have made to my physique following the changes he made to my plan for the past 5-6 months. My goal is to keep my body healthy throughout this prep and come in drastically better in condition and muscularity compared to any version of me the world has seen before.

If anyone has any more specific questions that I missed be sure to post them up here and I will answer. Also as far as not being on here as much it's just because a lot of the topics that people ask about I don't have a lot of interest in or passion about. Being blunt I see that more and more athletes are looking for the secret in the drugs and all I can say is the further along I get the more I realize that I've always been right in assuming the best plan for success is to be obsessive about training and nutrition and just use the other as the obvious boost that it is before prep. I even had a kid ask if I had cleaned up after seeing a YouTube video and my answer was yes, I always do. I typically take about 4-6 weeks off of training per year and during that time I eat however I feel which typically is not a ton. Beyond that 4-6 weeks off from everything I also like to take my foot off the gas pedal and rely on only training and food to try to make my gains. By doing this I am more healthy and when I decide it's time to push it is very obvious.

It's sad that this has driven you away from PM...Your answer is exactly why we need you here!

I seen Dusty a couple weeks ago in Bend Or. guest posing...big. My wife sprayed tanned him and told me she had to use half a gallon just to cover him...lol

At 46 I am not sure my joints could handle true Doggcrapp training anymore, but one thing is certain....the biggest and leanest I ever have been was working with Dante. I envy you....you're a lucky guy having him in your corner.

Good luck in your prep Dusty. Glad to hear your view on bodybuilding and contest prep.

I'd love to hear more about the training if u get a minute

what have you focused on in training most this offseason, body part wise.... what did you do to bring it up? very interested and glad your back around :)

Like to watch his videos in the Kitchen and prepping meals etc on youtube.MM

Awesome, thanks for coming by!
Anything you can share about how you are training would be great. Like even the basics about your split and how much volume etc. I'd really like to see how things evolve as you get closer.

Whats the plan to improve conditioning?

As far as training what Dante has done is left alone what was working (back, shoulders, chest) and made changes to everything else. For arms I have found that I respond very well to meat and potato basics for tris using the heavy slag iron but for bis I need to be obsessive about using only the bis to move the weight. I am handling weight that guys half my size use but really putting my focus on the feel, contraction, and negatives. This has yielded amazing results. Legs again we just retooled how I am doing the movements and I am really looking at just not moving the weight but feeling the muscles responsible. I am also a lot more focused on the negatives of the movement because I was sloppy with that over the years just because I got sidetracked loving to move heavy weight and forgetting that my job is muscular growth not power lifting.

Conditioning is just a matter of making sure that I take my time coming down. I cannot do a ton of cardio or I lose leg size so I need longer to get ready. We are already doing that well and I can see I will be sliced and full with the changes that Chris has made.

Good to hear from you Dusty. I am glad all is well. I hope your business is prospering too.

Thanks Pesty! All is well but I actually sold my business last year and am bodybuilding full time now. The business was great but I wasn't passionate about it like i am this so I have chosen to take a cut in pay to do only what i love. That being said I am building a business within bodybuilding that is growing at a great rate and I expect to see this business making as much or more than I ever did with my stores in the next 18 months.

It's sad that this has driven you away from PM...Your answer is exactly why we need you here!

I agree with what you are saying but sadly the rise of the "internet bodybuilder" has been a fast one and we have made a lot of stupid people "famous" within the sport. With that fame the younger generation sees success and can ignore what has been proven time and time again.

I seen Dusty a couple weeks ago in Bend Or. guest posing...big. My wife sprayed tanned him and told me she had to use half a gallon just to cover him...lol

Your wife was a doll. That was a great event but I'll be honest... that's a smaller version of me. I've had my best success following the plan of using only food and training to grow in the off season so that when the extras come in I see great changes while staying as healthy as possible.

At 46 I am not sure my joints could handle true Doggcrapp training anymore, but one thing is certain....the biggest and leanest I ever have been was working with Dante. I envy you....you're a lucky guy having him in your corner.

I have been fortunate to have Dante in my corner since before I had made any sort of name for myself but not just in training but also business and even on preparing me for some of the negatives this industry has. Loyalty is a dying quality it seems these days but Dante has been a friend and a mentor every step of the way and I owe much of my success to him.

what have you focused on in training most this offseason, body part wise.... what did you do to bring it up? very interested and glad your back around :)

As always the focus is legs for me. My legs are shaped very straight up and down. That coupled with my wide waste makes them very unimpressive on stage. The good news is we have found the formula the bad news is there is not enough time between now and my first pro show for them to have caught up. I truly believe with a full year of training they could be eliminated as a blatant weakness. I believe that so strongly that I had considered taking the 2015 season off but frankly I love to prep and I know I would miss that process not to mention I worked for years to win my card and frankly I just want to use it...lol.

Dusty is the people's champ.
He keeps it real.

If I could ever reach the point where I felt that was solidified as truth within the industry I would feel my career was a complete success no matter how my placings were throughout it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity