over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

physique and bodybuilding

cm

IFBB PRO / Kilo Klub Member
IFBB PROS
Registered
Has anyone done themselves, or heard of any competitor doing a national show in both bodybuilding and physique in the same show?

Possibly with them being on different days, has it been done?

I tried to discover, but I have yet to find anyone to do so.
Not saying someone might not be worthy, just curious with the huge boom in physique competitors if people tried both

How?... they follow two different criteria... I'm thinking maybe at some point we'll see a new division that's a hybrid of both?....

i could be wrong but i'm pretty sure you can't cross over like that.

Yes, I've been to several shows this year. It's pretty common for men to do both physique and bodybuilding and women to do both bikini and figure. When you're starting out, it may be helpful to see where you land in both to determine which way to push your training. Unfortunately what normally happens is people place equally high or low in both divisions and learn nothing.

Some NPC shows won't allow it. But most do.

Sorry, I didn't see that you said "national show". I can't say for sure that they'd allow you to do that, keeping in mind you'd have to be nationally qualified in both.

its allowed
national level as well
certainly local level
people see physique local guys that are young, small, under developed and think poorly
I suggest you look at the ifbb pros and tell me they couldnt do well in bodybuilding

some of them are outstanding
sooner or later they will earn the respect they deserve

still wondering if it has been done on the national level
i realize done locally every weekend

How?... they follow two different criteria... I'm thinking maybe at some point we'll see a new division that's a hybrid of both?....

I would love that. Idk about the posing but it seems the physique guys at these local and state shows are starting to come in way better shape than the bodybuilders. Its almost a let down when they bring the physique guys out first then the BB's go last and your like wtf is anybody in shape?

Im 6 weeks out Masters Physique , was considering also competing light-heavy. I can proly squeak in at or a hair under 189.

so both at USA's for you?

"Has anyone done themselves, or heard of any competitor doing a national show in both bodybuilding and physique in the same show?"

"Has anyone done themselves, or heard of any competitor doing a national show in both bodybuilding and physique in the same show?"

National level contests do not permit competitors to crossover into Bodybuilding. All other competitions are permitted to have crossovers at the discretion of the promoter with the district chairperson’s approval

its allowed
national level as well
certainly local level
people see physique local guys that are young, small, under developed and think poorly
I suggest you look at the ifbb pros and tell me they couldnt do well in bodybuilding

some of them are outstanding
sooner or later they will earn the respect they deserve

still wondering if it has been done on the national level
i realize done locally every weekend

Most, not all, IFBB physique pros do not have the legs to do well in bodybuilding. Not saying they couldn't develop them but lots of them have stick legs.

Men's physique competitors have come a long way. The recent local show had some incredible looking physiques, very developed and symmetrical.

I know a bodybuilding coach who is going to the Olympia in physique he is normally around 230 on stage ripped and thats not bad in my eyes also had a buddy of mine do a few masters physique shows and it improved his whole life now hes a monster that sits around 270 but i can't hardly hate on anyone that devotes themselfs to working hard to better themselves

Men's physique competitors have come a long way. The recent local show had some incredible looking physiques, very developed and symmetrical.

Still no legs to show though. I call that a set back. We will call it like it is: An upper body show.

Crazy how this new generation of kids you see in gyms these days ONLY think about competing in Physique... it's like bodybuilding is slowly fading away, for teens no longer care about it. Only 30+ y.o. guys seem to keep pushing the size road now... :cool:

Crazy how this new generation of kids you see in gyms these days ONLY think about competing in Physique... it's like bodybuilding is slowly fading away, for teens no longer care about it. Only 30+ y.o. guys seem to keep pushing the size road now... :cool:

I dunno.. IMO the "physique" body is just more aesthetic... these kids are concerned with getting ass not necessarily getting HUGE..... plus what is takes to be successful at a high level of BB requires looking cartoonish nowadays... MOST don't want to achieve that look... just my .02 fellas

National level contests do not permit competitors to crossover into Bodybuilding. All other competitions are permitted to have crossovers at the discretion of the promoter with the district chairperson’s approval

that is only on the site from nationals.
I did my homework before, so as not to ask a baseless question.

it is allowed

application allows crossovers per division

looks like from my ?'s on multple outlets over the last 30 hours, not one person has said they themselves, or someone they have seen has done it.

I guess someone will have to be the first???;);)

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear