over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blasting and cruising vs high dose year around

swim15

Registered
Besides the health issues obviously, some national competitors I know will blast and cruise. Others stay on about 2g of test year around.

Aside from all other factors does anyone have an opinion on which will produce more LBM in the long term? Most of the issue I see and have heard with high doses all the time is myostatin upregulation whereas blasting and cruising gives your body time to essentially down-regulate some and get used to holding LBM without "needing" those high doses to maintain and/or push through plateaus.

I personally don't believe in down-regulation, but I doubt it's all that healthy to stay on 2g+ year round. For rapid LBM growth, sure. But I bet you'll run into some issues. Blast and cruise is what I do, and I take far less in the offseason than I do during a prep.

I do believe up to a certain point it's a waste. Body can only process so much.

Well in general, he who uses the most gets the biggest but dies the quickest lol

Sort of tongue in cheek

Personally I like to start low, increase dose of "something" every 4 weeks or so... which is just before things would otherwise slow down (on faster esters) for me... and go back to cruise either when life/something forces it or when i just get tired of pinning all the time

I think the only way u could argue that using less drugs brings MORE results (with everything else equal) is if you DO take health into account... using less = healthier = less downtime and generally feeling better which translates to progress

I personally don't believe in down-regulation.
Down regulation is the only thing that people understand, so it's the only thing they talk about. There's so much more to it. Consider something as widely known as Myostatin. Androgens increase both Follistatin and Myostatin. Androgens really aren't that selective; they increase the rate of protein metabolism. Both Follistatin and Myostatin are proteins.

Add hgh and the body can process much more

True, but with hGH you could also get away with less androgen

It seems as if one of the benefits of GH is that it decreases Myostatin expression altogether, which is different than producing Follistatin.

Cycling things gives your body a chance to heal and the ability to make the gear work better. I guarantee 2 grams of AAS doesn't hit a guy who never changes that dose, any where near as hard as it does the guy who comes off or cruises.
But, some guys want to look good year round so they stay on at a dose high enough to achieve that.
Will a shot of alcohol give an alcoholic a buzz? I bet it will to a non drinker.
Let the receptors heal to put on the most muscle. Otherwise, the dose will have to get higher and higher to make gains.

Yea so obviously receptors upregulate but I was just wondering if anyone had experience "stair stepping" drugs as opposed to just blasting and thought they noticed a difference

What is blast and cruise please explain

These days it generally means what we used to refer to as a cycle and bridge. You run higher doses for a few weeks, say 8-12 of multiple compounds, and then lower doses (generally test only at 250/wk or less) for a few weeks, say 6-8 (cruise/bridge).

We know we won't get any hpta recovery because we're still shut down during cruise. But we cruise for health - i.e. to let things like rbc, blood pressure, organ stress etc normalise a bit. Some mental time off. And a break from pinning.

Traditionally, a blast meant cramming a 12+ week cycle into 6 weeks or less (same total dosage in less time). And a cruise was the 3 weeks or so between blasts. Often with nothing taken because the blast esters are still in your system tapering out. Some would even do a 3 week blast of mega doses and then nothing for a week or two and repeat...i.e. the dante type approach. But now you get a 400mg test + 300 deca "blast" which is clearly more of a standard cycle than blasting. So blast and cruise is pretty much the old cycle and bridge.

At the end of the day, experiment and find what's right for you. There is no right or wrong answer... only that in general more = better gains, less = better health. You balance it how you want based on your own goals and attitude.

Yea so obviously receptors upregulate but I was just wondering if anyone had experience "stair stepping" drugs as opposed to just blasting and thought they noticed a difference

If you mean gradual increase of dosage every few weeks, starting low, that's what i do

ultimately ends in a cruise tho. But the start low and pyramid up is the best way for me.

If you meant always high dose but just swapping compounds then no, not for me lol

Blast and cruise all the way! The only exception in my book is if you are making money being a pro or can turn pro. Taxing your body year round will eventually catch up with you. It like everything else you have to keep things in balance with moderation otherwise sooner or later your body will give you the big F O and then that's when the real fun starts. This is just my $0.02 in how I approach things.

coming off completely is best from my experience. If you don't have the mental tuffness to come off for some weeks to lose a couple pounds your dense.

everything comes back plus some. Bodybuilding is a marathon not a race. You want to be in it for the long haul be healthy

I was on for an extended period and felt like I hit a plateau, then decided to come completely off.

Feel "normal" now and getting ready to start up again.

I don't have the aspirations (or funds) to pursue BB to the highest levels so in the interest of longevity I come off a few times per year, not necessarily to restore HTPA function but to get clean bloodwork and once that's been accomplished I usually have a new goal that involves gearing up again...

I go with a cruise dose, but keep gh high. I just feel generally better when on a low does test. While down regulation is arguable, I just feel like my body needs a break from higher AAS for at least a few months per year.

Man I've asked some dumb shit, but dayyumm. What do YOU think will build more muscle OP?:banghead:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear