over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

SSRI and Cutting for competition

mexicanhombre

Newbies
Hi

Has anyone been able to cut on an SSRI? without issues. My workouts are much better on SSRI but I can't sleep well at night and I am not sure if that is going to effect my cut.

I am only on physiological testosterone so don't have the benefit of AAS enhancement either.

Just wanted to know if anyone had successful cutting on lexapro. I do realize that one of the side effects is weight gain, but I don't give into cravings and follow the plan strictly. Just mainly concerned about the lack of deep sleep I am not getting.

I ran celexa during all 3 of my preps so it's hard to say how much it effected my progress no doubt I got shredded but I definitely had to suffer for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was scripted lexapro years ago while I was dieting down. Mind you, it wasn't for a show, but still I was in the process of getting down to 8% bf. Felt like damn zombie all day, my appetite was suppressed and I only got 6-7 hours of sleep a night. Made cutting easier but not being able to sleep sucked! If the benefits of being on an SSRI outweigh the negatives, it would probably be best to stay on it. After awhile, some of the sides do subside or aren't as pronounced.

Well I used Paxil years ago and it hurt my workouts and caused too much fat ago , Dr said it wouldnt make you gain fat or be tired. Lexapro is supposed to be more mild from what my Dr said, but who knows brother, SSRIs can cause problems for some people and def can cause some fat gain for some. I heard Wellbutrin is the one that doesn't cause any fat gaining issues. Do you 100% need an SSRI?

I take 10mg Prozac daily and was able to get down to 7% bodyfat just a few weeks ago on my 44th birthday without any problems.

Hi

Has anyone been able to cut on an SSRI? without issues. My workouts are much better on SSRI but I can't sleep well at night and I am not sure if that is going to effect my cut.

I am only on physiological testosterone so don't have the benefit of AAS enhancement either.

Just wanted to know if anyone had successful cutting on lexapro. I do realize that one of the side effects is weight gain, but I don't give into cravings and follow the plan strictly. Just mainly concerned about the lack of deep sleep I am not getting.

You should have no problems whatsoever. Weight gain can be a side effect for some but weight loss can be a side effect for others. If it makes it harder you will just have to try harder to reach your fatloss goals.

You should have no problems whatsoever. Weight gain can be a side effect for some but weight loss can be a side effect for others. If it makes it harder you will just have to try harder to reach your fatloss goals.

More than the weight gain I am afraid of the sleep difficulties. The weight gain I can suffer and cut my calories a bit more or add cardio. (I also heard a lot of it is not directly due to the drug, but more cause people are not as depressed and want to eat more, and or they crave carbs). I can get past that by locking my food or just will power LOL.

I am more worried about the sleep aspect of it, as I feel like I am kinda lying in bed in a twilight state neither in sleep neither up but somewhere in between.

Well I used Paxil years ago and it hurt my workouts and caused too much fat ago , Dr said it wouldnt make you gain fat or be tired. Lexapro is supposed to be more mild from what my Dr said, but who knows brother, SSRIs can cause problems for some people and def can cause some fat gain for some. I heard Wellbutrin is the one that doesn't cause any fat gaining issues. Do you 100% need an SSRI?

I have considered that too, but mine is more anxiety prominent then true depression, and I am not sure how helpful wellbutrin is for that, as it is more for depression and can make anxiety worse.

I take 75mg Luvox which is an ssri.. this past contest prep I was on it, first contest prep on an ssri.

Maybe it was something else other than the luvox, but good lord there was nothing i could do to strip fat off me.. nothing and i mean nothing was freaking working.. I had to take extreme measures which typically fat is just falling off like at the start of prep. Nothing was going my way with fat loss..

Not sure ill compete again on luvox.

I take 10mg Prozac daily and was able to get down to 7% bodyfat just a few weeks ago on my 44th birthday without any problems.

I used to take Prozac many years ago, even went up to 40mgs daily... just like A50, it did NOT affect my ability to stay lean or lose fat. If anything, it was quite the opposite actually.

But from reading up extensively and talking with a few docs on the SSRI subject, Prozac is in this regard not the norm... the vast majority of antidepressants will actually make you gain weight, either directly from induced hormonal modifications, or indirectly from a strong appetite increase. :cool:

Welbutrin is not a SSRI. And it is a very bad choice for anxiety. It will make it worse.

Ive been on Effexor, which is a SSNRI. But at lower doses <150mg is works mostly as a SSRI. The first week or so was pretty bad, very lethargic, but it works very well for GAD and Depression. After a couple weeks I felt fine.

The SSNRIs are usually more weight neutral than the SSRIS.

Look into ST johns wort and 5-htp. combined they can do wonders for depression.

if its a dopamine problem try mucuna pruriens or low dosed prami

SSRI's fuck with your carb metabolisum (sp) big time !! thats why most people get fat on them.

SNRI's are alot better as far as fat goes

Welbutrin is more of a dopamnine agonist and will supres appetite and help with diet

they need to bring out more SNRI and Dopamine anti depressants in the US. SSRI's are old technology and suck for side effect profiles

I couldnt bust a nut on my ssri no matter how hard i tried.. And i lost all sensation in my dick.. Having sex, i had no pleasure feeling. Once i stopped it, it all came back to norm real fast. My doc said it can take a year to come back, thank god it didnt.

He said lets give another ssri a shot.. HELL NO, ill live with my anxiety and ocd, thank you!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws