over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Markus ruhl @ 120 kg

GodOfHormones

Registered
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVQsGjAeNOE"]Markus "der Freak" Ruhl at FIBO 2015 Expo - YouTube[/ame]

He still looks good IMO,
much healtier.

I have always liked Ruhl for the freak factor, I remember seeing him on espn in early 2000s when they had the O on tv.

that said, he just looks a lil weird... not really sure whats up, lots of stuff in the muscle or just alien genetics....

Those biceps still look like high peaked mountains.
Markus seems like a fun guy from his videos.
I'm glad he's still healthy.

saw this a long time ago..its not new, nice to be reminded

RRUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHLLL!!!!!

Sent from The Iron Pile

he does look pretty good
lots of oil in the arms, but considering age looks pretty good

Markus at his prime had a bigger upper body than big ramy... i think it was because of his monsterous shoulders

good to see him downsized, he can do an entire interview without breathing like he just ran a 400meter sprint, good for him! when he was much larger his breathing was very labored.

good to see him downsized, he can do an entire interview without breathing like he just ran a 400meter sprint, good for him! when he was much larger his breathing was very labored.

Markus is a smart guy, now that his competing days are behind him he could care less walking around at 340 lbs year long... those 265lbs look great enough on him... still dwarfs Palumbo... haha!! :p;)

BTW, one of THE NICEST pro's I've ever talked to. :)

He still looks good!! Good for him. I met him in person about 6-7 years ago and I was blown away at how big he was. I met Ronnie as well and he didn't even come close in terms of sheer size and mass like him.

He looked insane the year he won the Night of Champions :eek:(2002 ?)

His English is very impressive too

Markus is a smart guy, now that his competing days are behind him he could care less walking around at 340 lbs year long... those 265lbs look great enough on him... still dwarfs Palumbo... haha!! :p;)

BTW, one of THE NICEST pro's I've ever talked to. :)

Pretty much everybody dwarfs Palumbo these days.

I was always concerned for Markus's cardiovascular health. Quie frankly, I expected him to cash out early, or at least have a rude awakening after experiencing a heart attack.

He appears to have some pretty bad risk factors:

* He weighed 300-340 lbs for about 20 years of his life--one of the most massive bodybuilders of all time.

* Although I hate to attach size to doses, given his sheer size, he was likely pounding some pretty big doses for a good portion of his bodybuilding career, and even after his career, as he stayed big--around 300 lbs or more--even years after he retired. This made me think he was one of those guys who just couldn't give it up--and this scared me as much as anything else, as people who don't know when to stop and keep going hard into their late 40's and 50's, end up dying young in almost all cases.

* He was a regular SMOKER! That is a huge risk factor, especially combined with AAS and 300+ lbs of bodyweight.

* I am not positive about the following, but I heard he didn't follow the best diet either, in terms of cardiovascular health.

Considering all this, I am glad he decided to cut down, even though he is still pretty damn big as 120 kg's, most of which is upper-body because he had to stop training his legs. I hope he's doing all he can, in terms of diet and supplementation, to minimize cardiovascular health risk.

Last edited:
Why did he stop training legs. Did he have an injury?

I always remember reading that he was a smoker and this blew my mind.

I thought he only smoked precontest I could be completely wrong I thought that's what I heard

I thought he only smoked precontest I could be completely wrong I thought that's what I heard

I am not sure if he was pre-contest or not because its been a long time ago - but about 16-17 years ago I talked with him when he was guest posing at a local show. We hung about a few hours and I bet he smoked a full pack of unfiltered cigs.... It blew my mind. He would light one from the one he was throwing out!! lol
He was incredibly cool though. Very honest. I never really cared about how much AAS guys were taking - I knew what I was willing to do and what worked for me - in fact we didn't talk a lot about BB. He was funny as hell.. He did mention that his diet was not very great at the time (so it probably wasn't pre-contest) and that all he had eaten since breakfast was a couple of Snickers

He always came across as one of the unhealthiest bodybuilders... from info about diet, smoking and just his sheer size. It's good to see him downsized and looking the way he does. He always came across as quite a character in his videos.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131