YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone ever try home hemoglobin monitors?

20sam91

Registered
I've just borrowed this from a friend: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NB28K3..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=06P03FHS7TFJGW21TSC9

and it's the most inaccurate thing ever. He had 2 strips left - the first came out at 20.4g/dl and the second at 13.6. Anyone have any tips to improve accuracy with these things? They're supposed to be approved for medical use so surely I'm doing something wrong.. If not anyone have any suggestions for ones that actually work? I can't afford blood work 4 times a year so in theory this would be a decent alternative

I've just borrowed this from a friend: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NB28K3..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=06P03FHS7TFJGW21TSC9

and it's the most inaccurate thing ever. He had 2 strips left - the first came out at 20.4g/dl and the second at 13.6. Anyone have any tips to improve accuracy with these things? They're supposed to be approved for medical use so surely I'm doing something wrong.. If not anyone have any suggestions for ones that actually work? I can't afford blood work 4 times a year so in theory this would be a decent alternative

did you try letting out some blood before running it on a strip. I know with blood glucose it can effect the difference. general you poke, squeeze out a drop of blood, wipe and squeeze out another drop and test it on a strip.

did you try letting out some blood before running it on a strip. I know with blood glucose it can effect the difference. general you poke, squeeze out a drop of blood, wipe and squeeze out another drop and test it on a strip.

They do that when you make a blood donation as well.

The strips go bad fast. I bought at $400 clinic style one and it was still a point or two off from a blood test.

The strips go bad fast. I bought at $400 clinic style one and it was still a point or two off from a blood test.

I have one like that too and it was usually off by no more than 1/2 a point or so. Strips do all have an expiration date and you have to be sure to store them in a cool, dry, and dark place.

4 of the 8 reviewers on Amazon said it was inaccurate, by as much as 5 points. I bought a similar device to test cholesterol and it was way off from the lab tests. Quite a disappointment since I paid $100 for it. Plus $21 for the test strips.

I have one like that too and it was usually off by no more than 1/2 a point or so. Strips do all have an expiration date and you have to be sure to store them in a cool, dry, and dark place.

Yeah same one. I bought it when I read about your unfortunate stuff when you posted it years back. Scared me. Hope all is well.

Has anyone had experience with a unit that does provide accurate results,.... not costing $400?

Thanks much

ITW

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member