over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Xanax every night before bed

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
How bad of a habit is taking 1mg before bed and ONLY before bed? I've been doing it lately and sleeping for 9 hours a night easily.

Well... It is habit forming as you know. Keep doing that for a while then try to go to sleep without it. I think it is a problem. I wouldn't do it regularly. Maybe only a couple times per week.

It's just like any other bezo its addictive. Did you just start with 1mg or did you split the dose before? There are plenty of people that use it before bed though I'd just be careful bro.

Are you prescribed this benzo or you taking it recreationally.
If it's the latter go get ambien,Lynsey's or better yet trazadone!
Trazadone is the best sleep medicine I ever been on and it's not addictive ,while Xanax is very addictive and it will eventually not work,so you will need to up you dose.this will happen quite frequently.
I'd go for the non addictive sleep medicine.i don't really like ambian or lunesta since they Made me hallucinate but trazadone you can start off on a really low dose about 50mg and sleep like a baby!

It's definitely a bad habit... And it will cause serious mood swings!

Another thing to keep in mind is alcohol and benzo withdrawals are the only two types of withdrawals that can kill you so just be careful borther, have you tried any other types of natural ways to fall asleep? I personally have 1 glass of red wine and a melatonin an hour and a half before bed and it really helps.

on benzo addiction, i can speak.
xanax has a relatively short half-life, so if you're just taking it one time a day (@ night before bed) then you're probably pretty safe from becoming 'addicted' to it. but like was mentioned, getting to sleep without it will be damn difficult if you don't skip a few nights here and there. i actually got addicted to it for two years back in 06 when i quit drinking (after a DUI - i was a bartender for many years) and i could order it online. long story short, i honestly didn't KNOW it was addictive until i found out too late. i started taking it ALL the time b/c it made me not give a fuck, loved it. then fast forward, had a seizure or two, almost died - a couple of times, ended up going to rehab for 6 months :eek: and that was it.
i honestly didn't know it was that harmful b/c i got it from 'legit' dr's online.
but long story short, you take it once a day, you'll probably be fine, but eventually you'll need more. then it's a problem. i use trazadone, and it's okay, but i have extreme insomnia. it would be good to alternate the two, if not give up the xanax altogether. but xanax can put you down like none other lol just be aware of the power of this drug.

Well... It is habit forming as you know. Keep doing that for a while then try to go to sleep without it. I think it is a problem. I wouldn't do it regularly. Maybe only a couple times per week.

x2

Be careful matey.

Nothuman don't know about that mate . funny I read your post and I was just about to put down my sleep stack lol

75 mg Kirkland diphenylhydramine
400 mg 5-htp
3 tabs of schiffs melatonin works great for me. Every time. Been on it for some time now. I have been thinking of reducing diphenlyhydramine. some days I just take 2 mini tabs.

U tried this ? I would like to think this much gentler then the stuff u talking about.

Attachments

• 1441411358288.jpg
    1441411358288.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 2,091
I did this for like a year, ran out of source (wasn't prescribed) and had zero withdrawal or Ill effect. Not saying this to condone it, but in my experience the sides of addiction were horribly over exaggerated.

I did this for like a year, ran out of source (wasn't prescribed) and had zero withdrawal or Ill effect. Not saying this to condone it, but in my experience the sides of addiction were horribly over exaggerated.

like i said, if you take it once a night, you'll be fine.

How bad of a habit is taking 1mg before bed and ONLY before bed? I've been doing it lately and sleeping for 9 hours a night easily.

i have been taking xanax for around 2years .5 mg to 1mg max! sometimes i stop taking it for 2 months and im still sleeping like a baby i dont plenty of rest like when im taking them, but imo i dont feel like i need to sleep

Nothuman don't know about that mate . funny I read your post and I was just about to put down my sleep stack lol

400 mg 5-htp
3 tabs of schiffs melatonin works great for me. Every time. Been on it for some time now. I have been thinking of reducing diphenlyhydramine. some days I just take 2 mini tabs.

U tried this ? I would like to think this much gentler then the stuff u talking about.

I would def cut-down on the diphenlyhydramine. It may cause early dementia or cognitive degradation. Not worth the risk imo

It's just like any other bezo its addictive. Did you just start with 1mg or did you split the dose before? There are plenty of people that use it before bed though I'd just be careful bro.

I actually cut it in quarters and started at .25mg and it would knock me out. I've worked my way up to 1mg and I honestly don't feel anything anymore but don't want to use more. It doesn't really help me fall asleep anymore but it helps me stay asleep.

Are you prescribed this benzo or you taking it recreationally.
If it's the latter go get ambien,Lynsey's or better yet trazadone!
Trazadone is the best sleep medicine I ever been on and it's not addictive ,while Xanax is very addictive and it will eventually not work,so you will need to up you dose.this will happen quite frequently.
I'd go for the non addictive sleep medicine.i don't really like ambian or lunesta since they Made me hallucinate but trazadone you can start off on a really low dose about 50mg and sleep like a baby!

Recreationally. I've never heard of trazodone but where would I find that? alldaychemist doesn't carry it, I just searched.

Another thing to keep in mind is alcohol and benzo withdrawals are the only two types of withdrawals that can kill you so just be careful borther, have you tried any other types of natural ways to fall asleep? I personally have 1 glass of red wine and a melatonin an hour and a half before bed and it really helps.

Melatonin does nothing for me and I don't want the calories from red wine on a nightly basis. Used to take this supplement called Shut-Eye by Fusion and it was pretty good but stops working after a few weeks.

on benzo addiction, i can speak.
xanax has a relatively short half-life, so if you're just taking it one time a day (@ night before bed) then you're probably pretty safe from becoming 'addicted' to it. but like was mentioned, getting to sleep without it will be damn difficult if you don't skip a few nights here and there. i actually got addicted to it for two years back in 06 when i quit drinking (after a DUI - i was a bartender for many years) and i could order it online. long story short, i honestly didn't KNOW it was addictive until i found out too late. i started taking it ALL the time b/c it made me not give a fuck, loved it. then fast forward, had a seizure or two, almost died - a couple of times, ended up going to rehab for 6 months :eek: and that was it.
i honestly didn't know it was that harmful b/c i got it from 'legit' dr's online.
but long story short, you take it once a day, you'll probably be fine, but eventually you'll need more. then it's a problem. i use trazadone, and it's okay, but i have extreme insomnia. it would be good to alternate the two, if not give up the xanax altogether. but xanax can put you down like none other lol just be aware of the power of this drug.

I didn't take it last night because I wanted to stop and slept terribly. Got 5 hours at most and couldn't fall back asleep at 6:30am when I'm used to waking up at 9-9:30am.

Now I want to take it again tonight because I can't afford another poor night of sleep and feel groggy all day.

400 mg 5-htp

Never tried those other than melatonin. Maybe I should consider it

i have been taking xanax for around 2years .5 mg to 1mg max! sometimes i stop taking it for 2 months and im still sleeping like a baby i dont plenty of rest like when im taking them, but imo i dont feel like i need to sleep

I don't feel anything really from it anymore. Just keeps me asleep once I fall asleep. I don't feel "addicted" so to speak, but I failed last night at sleeping when I didn't take it so now I feel I should just take it indefinitely.

It causes me to have a tremendous head ache if i dont sleep as much as it intends for me to, but lately( mine are only like .5 tablets) ive had to take a half a tab nightly and that is just to settle my nerves down, sleep better than without it but/:

My doc told me this;

If u take xanax and u feel like urself its anxiety, if u take it and fall asleep its not anxiety, and u shouldnt use it because it will and can become very addicting!

I choose melatonin + l-theanine over the xannies sometimes, just because i dont want that addiction....

I hate that i have to take it, dont want to, nerves are all over the place lately tho....

My other doc said take aleve sleeping tablets because they arent addicting, but dont want that on my liver for long periods either....

Sent from my IpP using tapatrash

I would def cut-down on the diphenlyhydramine. It may cause early dementia or cognitive degradation. Not worth the risk imo

Thanks for your feedback mate. Do u know what I have been reading up on it myself lately and these two things came up few times in research papers and some other articles i read so I did get scared. I have finished one tub of 600 minitabs and just bought the second one and just started it so not taken tons & tons of it. I should really make a conscious effort to do this. I will start from tomorrow just 2 tabs so 50 mg and not up it as i did try and found it OK at 50 mg. At one point I was taking 4 tabs /100 mg a night so I cut down one tab down to 75 mg. I will be bringing it down to just 1 tab and then go off it totally .

It causes me to have a tremendous head ache if i dont sleep as much as it intends for me to, but lately( mine are only like .5 tablets) ive had to take a half a tab nightly and that is just to settle my nerves down, sleep better than without it but/:

My doc told me this;

If u take xanax and u feel like urself its anxiety, if u take it and fall asleep its not anxiety, and u shouldnt use it because it will and can become very addicting!

I choose melatonin + l-theanine over the xannies sometimes, just because i dont want that addiction....

I hate that i have to take it, dont want to, nerves are all over the place lately tho....

My other doc said take aleve sleeping tablets because they arent addicting, but dont want that on my liver for long periods either....

Sent from my IpP using tapatrash

You know what, maybe taking those sleep time NSAIDS to ween off the xanax is a decent option for a few nights. I just don't want to sleep shitty like I did last night without xanax again

Trazedone is a perscription drug but non addicting and works great..

Be careful! The withdrawals from Xanax are pure anxiety.

It's not a bad idea to use things like melatonin, glass of wine, herbal sleep aids and teas to get some sleep when trying to avoid Xanax. I agree to use it sparingly. Melatonin is forgiving and you can use a couple pills without negative effect. Routine is also important for quality sleep. Eating before bed can hinder deep sleep as well. It sucks not falling asleep but you will be able to after you sacrifice a few nights while your body adjusts again.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsly
NapsGear