over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Massage

RedThunder

Registered
When do you guys feel is the best time for deep tissue work?
Say you blast quads, do you get them worked out pre or post workout?, only on off days? Would love to hear thoughts.

Pre and post are both good imo. It helps stretching pre workout and can get the blood flowing if doing it post.

I get massages by Ronnie Coleman's old massage therapist. She puts me in pain. I get them on Sunday's after heavy leg day and she says that's the best time to get them done.

There's no way i'd be able to train after shes done with me. Im dehydrated, sore as shit, muscles that weren't sore are now sore as shit.

She works on Olympic athletes so im going to take her word for it.

There's all different types of massage therapy.theres Swedish,that's the massage where I feels like there just rubbing lotion on you.theres sports massage which is the type of massage you would want pre workout which invigorates the muscles and makes the blood flow ,there's also stretching involved.theres myofascial and neuromuscular release.this combine really deep forearms and elbows into knots,to free up the area and give more blood flow .neuromuscular therapy I'd usually use for people in car accidents and different diseases.its base off of over 120 treatments which you need to know the origin and insertion of the muscles of the body and by filling out a form and talking to the to where the pain is coming from I would know what muscles to treat,relieving some of the pain they came in with.it does take multiple treatments to fully heal but it's well worth it.

I usually get a massage done the day after a hard leg workout or a hard back workout, usually alternating each at one per week. The day after legs or back are my days off.

I'm usually tight the next day after those workouts, and since I'm usually a little sore after the massage, I have the rest of the day to rest and hydrate.

Last edited:
I get massages by Ronnie Coleman's old massage therapist. She puts me in pain. I get them on Sunday's after heavy leg day and she says that's the best time to get them done.

There's no way i'd be able to train after shes done with me. Im dehydrated, sore as shit, muscles that weren't sore are now sore as shit.

She works on Olympic athletes so im going to take her word for it.

Hey bro so is that same day or day after legs

I got my first deep tissue massage about2 months ago and it was one of the best things I ever had done. I didn't realize how many knots I had. Most painful area was around the shoulder blades. Favorite was arms.

If it is truly deep tissue massage then it would be afterwards or on off days.

As many have said, it depends on the type of massage. [If done properly], there's no way in hell I'd get deep tissue done the day before a hiking or backpacking trip, [which may seem like a hobby to most - and it is... however, make no mistake about it, the caliber of hiking/backpacking trips that I take whip my ass far more than some of the hardest core workouts from college days when I was a D1 athlete on scholarship!

With that being said, I find the day after a trip to be most ideal. In terms of post-massage soreness, my PT holds the record: he performed Gua sha (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gua_sha) on me Monday morning, and I still have some mild soreness as of this evening [hence why I would not get this done right before a hiking/backpacking adventure!]. I have a ridiculously high pain threshold too; yet this type of f-ing massage had even me begging for mercy and was a knockout 10 on the pain scale LOL... but it is very, very effective and well worth it! :) I did not get any bruising [like in the photo that is shown after clicking on the link I posted]... however, my resistance to bruising is almost as insane as my pain threshold.

I get deep tissue message and ART post workout and heading into an off day. That is if I train Monday, I'll get my soft tissue done afterwards. No training Tuesday and the Wednesday things resume. If its truly deep and you actually have significant scar tissue being broken up via ART or what not, the rest day afterwards is a wise decision

Hey bro so is that same day or day after legs

Usually same day of legs and ill take the next day off, but if shes booked up ill have to do it the next day. Going into it in my head I'm thinking yeah chest tomorrow, after she does my pecs/shoulders i wouldn't even bother, would be a waste of a workout.

When im done she recommends rest and water.

People don't realize how beneficial massages can be.when you workout on a regular basis you tend to make knots in your body which will block blood supply to that area.by getting rid of those toxins you create a pathway so the blood can flow to the muscles which in turn makes muscles grow in that area.
So you can imagine how much growth we are losing By not opening up those areas.
Think how much we spend on food,AAS,ass,hgh and gym memberdhips.we should all add in a deep tissue massage or whatever you prefer 2 times a week if you can afford it.if not even once a week is good.
I prefer men for deep tissue ,myofascial release. men tend to be stronger and if I wanted a rubdown I'd ask my wife.

Myofascial and deep tissue are the best type of body work a bodybuilder can get. Deep tissue breaks up knots and scar tissue, and myofascial re-positions the areas of the body that have been pulled out of place by those knots and scar tissues. I'm lucky, my wife does myofascial for a living.

I just want to go to an Asian massage parlor and get a hdnjob. Like the Asian handies. They have some acient techniques past down from generations.
Have them check my prostate to. Make sure the juice isn't messing with my ish know what I mean.

Last edited:
Post workout. Receiving a massage after lets the body and muscles help relax a bit smoother and help with not being so sore

My masseuse has always advised against training after deep tissue massage, as it can cause injury.

Rest and LOTS of water is what is always recommended to me, as well as stretching as I am a stiff mofo.

I just want to go to an Asian massage parlor and get a hdnjob. Like the Asian handies. They have some acient techniques past down from generations.
Have them check my prostate to. Make sure the juice isn't messing with my ish know what I mean.

doesnt it weird you out that your hand-lady probably touched about 10000 other knobs prior to touching yours? probably still has jizz from another man still on her hand from the previous jerk job..

yuck..

Word!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420