over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Carb loading for show prep

saffire

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hello guys, need little bit help with carb loading before show

my plan was :

Carbs: 6-3 days carb depletion, 2 days of i start carb load

2 days out - 400g carbs ( rice cakes / dry oats )

1 day out - 200g carbs ( rice cakes / dry oats )

day of show :

-> 4-5 whole eggs, 100-130 carbs upon waking (oats/rice cakes),

-> salty meal with 50g-70g carbs 45-60 mins before prejudging(i was thinking doing some Potato chips like Frank Mcgrath did last show)

Water intake will be same during whole week until day of show i start sipping

Salt intake will be same during whole week

Diuretics: Start aldactone 7 days out ( can't get dyazide, got on hand only aldactone and HZCT)

*I'm 190 lbs dropping few more pounds .

Qestions:

1) should i add any source of protein to carb loading or just carbs?

2) my carb will be 6x meals rice cakes/dry oats ... will be this enough?

THANKS for all suggestions!

Last edited:
I always do a trial run one month out prior to the show to make sure it works. Not to many on this board are going to buy into the aldactone at least the guys/gals with some experience in contest prep. My advice is to hunt down Scott Stevensons Prime, Load and Dry out (Peak Week)......I used it my last two shows with great success.

Use foods you have been using throughout your prep

Why no fats?

Look for stop screwing up your contest prep thread

Eat McDonald's the night before then eat cheesecake before your pump up before you go on stage.

Use foods you have been using throughout your prep

Why no fats?

Look for stop screwing up your contest prep thread

i will include night before show steak + rice, day of show upon waking 4-5 whole eggs that will be my fats

for pump up before stage: Potato chips + 1 bottle of gatore , what do you think guys?

how much do you weigh? Did you do any contest before? do you know how your body reacts to carbs?

when I carbed up for my last show, I did 2 days of 400g and I was still flat but dry as fuck. an example that I need more carbs to fill out.. Know your body. So a refeed and see how your body reacts to certain amount of carbs.
Matt porter thread is so valuable and will teach you a lot. so many pages of great info.

Last edited:
how much do you weigh? Did you do any contest before? do you know how your body reacts to carbs?

when I carbed up for my last show, I did 2 days of 400g and I was still flat but dry as fuck. an example that I need more carbs to fill out.. Know your body. So a refeed and see how your body reacts to certain amount of carbs.
Matt porter thread is so valuable and will teach you a lot. so many pages of great info.

i did show 1.5 years ago and was flat due to dropping water too low and not drinking on show day.... for me i carb up easily but i think it will be now different with aldactone so i hope everything will be fine

hope that Potato chips + 1 bottle of gatore before pump up would be good idea

I wouldn't use Aldactone.. Dyazide or HCT work much better

I wouldn't do gatorade.
What I did was 2-3 rice cake, PB and jam every 30 min then Reece's pieces, snickers before pump up.. I wouldn't drink that much water before pre judging. After is a different story..

Don't forget that breakfast. Introduce salt the morning of. Worked great for me.. I cut water at 10 PM the before

Last edited:
Just be easy with the salt. We've done the cheese burgers the night before the show many times with good results. The fat, beef and salt really help muscle fullness. Absolutely sugar before pre. Many of my clients will do a shot of Sambuca just before. The sugar and alcohol blow up your blood volume , crazy vascular. Also good for nerves! LOL
Carb loading is very personal. Some start 3 days out, some the night before. Everyone is different. I have a client now who can not carb load at all, just a little sugar morning of.

I wouldn't do gatorade.
What I did was 2-3 rice cake, PB and jam every 30 min then Reece's pieces, snickers before pump up.. I wouldn't drink that much water before pre judging. After is a different story..

Don't forget that breakfast. Introduce salt the morning of. Worked great for me.. I cut water at 10 PM the before

thanks ,

with aldactone i should look into another source of fat than PB because it is rich in potassium right so that wouldn't combine with aldac.

do you think that sugar version like cheescake would be better before pump up or my idea with chips is good too?

I did two shows this year. i started carbing up 2 days prior..cut off water at 10pm night before and took a dyazide. i still wasn't that full. next show we started carbing up at 2am the morning of, ONLY ate foods that I ate during prep, but we increased the sodium exponentionally and i came in dryer/harder/better look overall. You have to play with what works for you. I do not agree with eating foods that you haven't been eating all along prep. gut distention is terrible and i would rather come in flat, then have a gut cause I ate shit foods that didn't settle or digest properly.

I did two shows this year. i started carbing up 2 days prior..cut off water at 10pm night before and took a dyazide. i still wasn't that full. next show we started carbing up at 2am the morning of, ONLY ate foods that I ate during prep, but we increased the sodium exponentionally and i came in dryer/harder/better look overall. You have to play with what works for you. I do not agree with eating foods that you haven't been eating all along prep. gut distention is terrible and i would rather come in flat, then have a gut cause I ate shit foods that didn't settle or digest properly.

and what about your sodium and water did you change it?

i did only white rice and oats during prep so i think i will carb up on oats if i use them more during whole prep...

-so carbing up 2 days out 6x 80g oats + 150ml water + maybe some vanilla to it?
-same thing 1 day out
-night before show steak + oats + water
-show day: morning 6 whole eggs + oats + water

-pre judging salty chips + 100ml water or few sips on gatorade? ( Idk if that much water will be good?)

-my show start at 13-15pm

Second show I added 5000mg of sodium before pre judging and another 6 before the night show. I should've done more because I respond well to it. I only drank 16oz of water before night show as well. No need for Gatorade imo..that much liquid would have my gut so massive after cutting it out for over 24 hours.

Sounds like your he'll bent on chips and Gatorade lol

Personally I have not done any foods outside of prep and keep fats in whole time
Pancakes and syrup in the am with a couple whole eggs and rice cakes with almond butter every 30 min. A burger and frys night before and after prejudging small amount of water show day with high sdioum full,dry,hard

Sounds like your he'll bent on chips and Gatorade lol

Personally I have not done any foods outside of prep and keep fats in whole time
Pancakes and syrup in the am with a couple whole eggs and rice cakes with almond butter every 30 min. A burger and frys night before and after prejudging small amount of water show day with high sdioum full,dry,hard

nothing before pump up? or only that rice cakes and almonds?

Almond butter not almonds the butter digest better.

Yes few hours before pre judging a meal of whole eggs pancakes with syrup actually last prep I had to two two meals like that.

If prep is done correctly and your in shape you don't need any crazy tricks and weird foods there is no secret just have that fat off and manipulate water correctly. None of the little so called tricks will have much if any impact.
Be ready early is best

Almond butter not almonds the butter digest better.

Yes few hours before pre judging a meal of whole eggs pancakes with syrup actually last prep I had to two two meals like that.

If prep is done correctly and your in shape you don't need any crazy tricks and weird foods there is no secret just have that fat off and manipulate water correctly. None of the little so called tricks will have much if any impact.
Be ready early is best

agree but sometimes you need little edge over others competitors i know you can make that edge during whole prep, but sometimes you help it in peak week, my old coach was allways that situation

sorry to asking too much but until friday you drink like whole prep, but day of show only siping that 16oz water?

I wouldn't do gatorade.

did you have any experience introduce fat meal night before?

-->night before show: steak + white rice+ few sips water

-->show day: morning 6 whole eggs + rice + few sips water + maybe some choco muffins

-pre judging some snickers

1) between morning and pre judging should i eat something like rice with some honey/jam? or just morning food and pre judging snack?

2) night before show should i keep carbs (rice) or only steak/eggs ?

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner