over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many of you guys have hit a wall?

machomadness22

Registered
And what did you do to gain your motivation back? I literally hit a wall this month about a few weeks ago I'm so burnt out on eating and training. I have truly loved the sport of bodybuilding for years and I have no idea what happened. I literally cringe when I eat eggs and chicken over and over again. I do try and switch it up and cook flavorful meals but it's hard being a new dad juggling two jobs and trying to keep the wife happy at the same time. I'm just curious what members have gone through this and what they have done to fix the problem. Thanks all!

Many times bro. Over 25 years of training it happens. Especially when u have so much going on outside of your gym life. I find it best to just relax go back to eating what people call a normal diet and work on just enjoying lifting. Don't waist to many of the years u can't get back with ur wife and kids. They gym will alway be there. Kids will grow up and if u do like I did the wife will finally get tired of ur gym life taking priority over them and leave. Ur love for the gym will return. And when it does u will get ur drive back to force urself to eat like a gym rat again!

110% or expect to regret it!

Many times bro. Over 25 years of training it happens. Especially when u have so much going on outside of your gym life. I find it best to just relax go back to eating what people call a normal diet and work on just enjoying lifting. Don't waist to many of the years u can't get back with ur wife and kids. They gym will alway be there. Kids will grow up and if u do like I did the wife will finally get tired of ur gym life taking priority over them and leave. Ur love for the gym will return. And when it does u will get ur drive back to force urself to eat like a gym rat again!

Thank you for that I'll give that a try

And what did you do to gain your motivation back? I literally hit a wall this month about a few weeks ago I'm so burnt out on eating and training. I have truly loved the sport of bodybuilding for years and I have no idea what happened. I literally cringe when I eat eggs and chicken over and over again. I do try and switch it up and cook flavorful meals but it's hard being a new dad juggling two jobs and trying to keep the wife happy at the same time. I'm just curious what members have gone through this and what they have done to fix the problem. Thanks all!

I've hit a wall about 6 times on my journey.. And ironically im in the same boat as you at the same time, started about 2 weeks ago.. I've just lost my motivation, my love or passion so to speak... The only thing I've done in the past to fix it was just continue working through it.. Although im in the same boat I know if I stop working I'll just get worse... I hope things get better for you bro!

To me, it's like, my music doesn't hit me the same, I don't drink pre workouts(maybe I should) I am only on an hrt dose but I don't think that's truly a difference, im dragging ass a bit, but end all be all once I actually get my ass going hard, it all completely changes and im enjoying the entire thing! It's a depressive wall of love for what we do... I feel for you bro.. Just keep grinding till you see the light again..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every once in awhile I hit a wall where my motivation for all of this gets low. What I do is take a week off and try and be a "normal" person and not worry about calories and protein and carbs or training.

I cant do it for too long because my mental state is tied in with training and working toward goals...if I dont workout for a couple days I fall into a deep dark depression, but sometimes that week off is just what it takes for me to get fired up again and kick it into high gear.

Every once in awhile I hit a wall where my motivation for all of this gets low. What I do is take a week off and try and be a "normal" person and not worry about calories and protein and carbs or training.

I cant do it for too long because my mental state is tied in with training and working toward goals...if I dont workout for a couple days I fall into a deep dark depression, but sometimes that week off is just what it takes for me to get fired up again and kick it into high gear.

That's a good way to look at it, take a week off and try not to think about bodybuilding for 3-4days... Then maybe start getting your mind right to get in and get fired up again..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take a week off and drink, just don't enjoy it too much.
Or you could always just hit a wall.

I'll be 52 in a few days and have been hitting the weights since 14. Once I have a couple workouts where I just don't feel like hitting the intensity I need I take a few days off. Usually one or two extra days does the trick.

Much like having to reset when you physically start getting beat up, the same can happen mentally too. For me they often occur at the same time.

It's the body's way of telling you to take some time off. Like others I take a week. When my time off is over I can't wait to get back and feel refreshed!

Stop gorging on food. There's no need to be in permabulk mode 24/7. Just eat when you're hungry. You won't die if you throw in something delicious and different every so often.

Change your routine.

If feasible change gyms. People motivate me.

Get bloodwork done...good to rule out any health problems.

Take a good hard honest look at yourself. Are you gonna be a pro? Most people here...probably not (myself included). Reassess your goals. Set achievable goals.

Get off tren...long term tren use will fuck your head up. You won't see it but everyone around you will.

Cruise...relax...this is your life, if it's not what you want, change it.

Thanks guys I appreciate the responses feel better knowing others have been here like me, I personally think I 'm going to take some time off eat normal foods and lift a few times during the week until I get fired up again.

Hit it straight on with this post. I find with me, I hit walls when I have every aspect nailed down. I'm training as I should not missing days, eating correctly and not missing meals, got all my ducks in a row so to speak. The be completely "on" with this lifestyle is taxing.

When it happens, the first thing I relax on is diet. I keep training, but do it a little more intuitively and free with it.

Just those small changes can make huge differences in your mental state.

Once the other things pass and you decide to bear down again, you won't have any problems.

Just look at it like a preplanned deload

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

If I feel like I hit a "wall" I start dieting. Deplete myself and prepare my body for better nutrient uptake/growth when I'm leaner and ramp up calories again.

I don't know you so I don't know how easily or not you can motivate yourself. If you are that burnt out then take a month off. I know it sounds crazy. But be a bum, eat however you want and do whatever you want. Leave the gym behind. You won't fall apart in a month. Then when you go back start slow and then work your way back up. Sometimes it is just best to get the hell away from it all. That's my advice.

Lifting weights and shooting steroids for 20 years.

I've hit many walls.

I just roll with the punches.

Find something else to do.

I have to stay active otherwise I take out my aggression on other people so I just do shit like mountain biking or swimming and forget about bodybuilding. I mean I still lift the only thing consistent in my life is a barbell but I just don't really care if I'm pushing heavy weights.

Watch your favorite bad ass moive with the Dude you like as far as moive hero's go then turn up some metal load really works for me

Sent from my HUAWEI H892L using Tapatalk

Try switching up your training to something you wanted to try for awhile but haven't... maybe try some powerlifting ... or try all body weight calisthenics type workouts... maybe hit a bag and learn to jump rope if u don't already...

Or just take a week or two off... I do this all the time... I'm not a pro or getting ready for any shows, so if I'm burnt out, fuck it I'll find something else.. the drive to get bigger always come back shortly

Every yr its the same.
I'll take it easy at the gym and dosing all summer due to my job, I have a few protein shakes, some beer and a big dinner. This keeps me ripped at 250 pds.
All winter I'll blast, train and eat like a Madman and gain 15-20 pds.
All summer I'll take it easy at the gym..................Yr after Yr.

Last edited:
I'm currently in a similar situation, I feel like my motivation is shot. I have been going through a tough time as my dad is not well and is in the hospital, plus I am is healthcare proxy so I have to make all the decisions. I have just been getting to the gym and getting my workouts in but I'm not really feeling like I want to be there.

I come off at the end of every summer and stay off until april, so that doesnt help with motivation. I think I am more burnt out with eating than anything, every 3 hours day in and day out for years takes its toll. With guys like us it always seems to be the same shit too... Chicken, eggs, oats... I mean it could drive a guy crazy.

But I give you a lot of credit, you have 2 kids and a wife. I am 34 and single with no kids, so the gym is really good for taking up my time in the evenings. If I were you and had all that responsibility I would probably be taking time off all the time. I never really take a break as I have nothing better to do, but I probably should from time to time.

I think all the guys on here offered great advice, just take it easy for a bit and you will get motivated again.

for me it mainly keeping my motivation to eat right. if your losing motivation in gym you might be lifting to frequently, lately due to how busy I am these days I may only get in once a week for an hour but when I do I am usually giving 110%. 110% 1 or 2 times a week may be better than almost everyday of the week at only 75% IMO.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131