advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Did something happen to Matt Porter that I missed?!

Jeremy24

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Just from looking at his IG... I see people commenting on his weight and looks like he maybe downsized? Idk still looks great regardless

His father passed away and hes off the supps. Goes keto and what not now.

Focusing on his health and family from what i've heard.

Yeah think his mom or dad passed away about 6 months ago and he had a life re-evaluation moment.
I believe he is giving up on the pro card quest and concentrating on his supps and personal training.
Think there is a thread on here about it when he announced it.

His father passed away and hes off the supps. Goes keto and what not now.

Focusing on his health and family from what i've heard.

He's fasting 20hrs a day now focusing on his health, coaching, supplement business, and family.

I was wondering too, just from not seeing him here much. Seems like a good guy, so, glad he's doing ok!

hey guys,

Real quick since I am still behind on emails. I made a huge post on my faceBook page around 8 weeks or more ago about intricate details about what had transpired.

My Father did pass from Prostate cancer. It was under control supposedly until I got an alarming call from my Mother around Olympia time. I immediately packed my bags and headed up to Oregon for what I thought 5 days....

Needless to say -- I called the Doctor personally and had him shoot m straight (not sugar coat my Mother) --- He said your dead has maybe at most a few months.

I cancelled my plane ticket back -- and just stayed indefinitely helping my mom care for my Father who (bless his heart) was in agonizing pain ( every hour spasms in his rectum and bladder) ....it was the hardest time of my life for sure, and after he passed away.....

I knew with my addictive personality, my genetics regarding cancer, my genetics regarding heart issues,,, I just have to halt all of my dreams of maybe one day getting that little piece of paper. I just stopped.... I didn't bring any juice with me to Oregon,,, then just remained off --- No pct, no clomid, no hCG,,, nada.

My mother and moms side of the family has drug and alcohol addiction. I also wanted to prove to myself that I don't need these drugs,,, I am not addicted, I don't need "TRT" I don't need something else to ween or bridge off...

I have been off now for 4 months -- dropped 30 lbs, and have been basically fasting for 18-20 hours getting stuff accomplished, not fretting over the every 3 hour meal, not worrying about catabolism , etc... just running errands with no stress of food availability, writing content for new products I am releasing and feeding at night post training with my Wife not worrying about protein.

I will eventually resume eating like a Bodybuilder around 5 meals a day and more protein,.,, and who knows,, maybe do YouTube series of me attempting to get int contest shape on nothing -- No HRT, no peptides,,, not even caffeine since my BP is high.

Ill try to pop in more guys -- feel free to ask any questions

-Matt

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your loss man. I sense a lot of wisdom in your post, something rare in this "industry," and I wish you all the best.

Matt, major props to you brother. I know how hard it is to care for another person in their dying state, and it is even harder when it is a family member. I totally dropped everything 2009/2010 for the same reason (and to also complete my dietetic internship). Good job on putting family first, it speaks volume on your character. My biggest mistake is that I didn't at least do some form of exercise during my absence, and it was hard as heck to get back into things.

Hey Matt, very sorry to hear about your dad. Please do keep us updated on your progress as you see fit. I can't imagine what you are going through right now.

I think what you are doing now makes a lot of sense. Any plans though to have your hormone levels checked? I'm sure you are well aware that having low test can be unhealthy too... I wouldn't be surprised though if you bounced back. T levels I mean.

Good luck, I hope things turn around for you.

matt sorry about your dad lost my dad to lung cancer died within 6 weeks of being told your never really the same after good luck in the future bro

Sorry to hear about your loss...awesome/motivating display of life control/discipline(regards to gear etc)

That's a real MAN right there. I'm so sorry for your loss, God bless you Matt, you are an inspiration to many of us!

hey guys,

Real quick since I am still behind on emails. I made a huge post on my faceBook page around 8 weeks or more ago about intricate details about what had transpired.

My Father did pass from Prostate cancer. It was under control supposedly until I got an alarming call from my Mother around Olympia time. I immediately packed my bags and headed up to Oregon for what I thought 5 days....

Needless to say -- I called the Doctor personally and had him shoot m straight (not sugar coat my Mother) --- He said your dead has maybe at most a few months.

I cancelled my plane ticket back -- and just stayed indefinitely helping my mom care for my Father who (bless his heart) was in agonizing pain ( every hour spasms in his rectum and bladder) ....it was the hardest time of my life for sure, and after he passed away.....

I knew with my addictive personality, my genetics regarding cancer, my genetics regarding heart issues,,, I just have to halt all of my dreams of maybe one day getting that little piece of paper. I just stopped.... I didn't bring any juice with me to Oregon,,, then just remained off --- No pct, no clomid, no hCG,,, nada.

My mother and moms side of the family has drug and alcohol addiction. I also wanted to prove to myself that I don't need these drugs,,, I am not addicted, I don't need "TRT" I don't need something else to ween or bridge off...

I have been off now for 4 months -- dropped 30 lbs, and have been basically fasting for 18-20 hours getting stuff accomplished, not fretting over the every 3 hour meal, not worrying about catabolism , etc... just running errands with no stress of food availability, writing content for new products I am releasing and feeding at night post training with my Wife not worrying about protein.

I will eventually resume eating like a Bodybuilder around 5 meals a day and more protein,.,, and who knows,, maybe do YouTube series of me attempting to get int contest shape on nothing -- No HRT, no peptides,,, not even caffeine since my BP is high.

Ill try to pop in more guys -- feel free to ask any questions

-Matt

Very sorry to hear about your loss. Are you planning to do extensive bloodwork while off? I would love to see it and the truth is there's a chance you might need trt regardless.

Damn Bro!!! My condolences to you and your family! Even though we do not know each other personally, you have taught me so much about this sport. Thanks for all you do and well wishes moving forward!

Much respect Matt......Kim and I were wondering how you were doing. We always appreciate the LSR referrals.

Very sorry to hear about your loss. Are you planning to do extensive bloodwork while off? I would love to see it and the truth is there's a chance you might need trt regardless.

I have been doing all my normal panels just not Testosterone.

I have the test printed out -- just need to actually go and get it drawn.

Ideally -- I would like to NOT get on HRT until I see if I can get into super lean shape without anything at all.

Then I feel after getting into ultra lean condition on nothing (plummeted test I assume) , I would imagine getting on real legit HRT as in 100mg a week or whatever puts at around 600-900 ng/dL would actually fill me out and ignite some nice effects from a very lean state...

Or who knows -- maybe from being in the gutter with my test + now taking a beta-blocker for blood pressure , my metabolic rate just might be impaired and it wont be feasible...

I'll keep people posted --- just follow me on InstaGram (@mattporterapproved) and FaceBook/YouTube

Also -- if anyone has been following along I have been super productive with releasing new MPA Supps,,, I have knocked out like 4-5 new product write-ups since being so liberated from eating obsessively .

-Matt

Last edited:
I have been doing all my normal panels just not Testosterone.

I have the test printed out -- just need to actually go and get it drawn.

Ideally -- I would like to NOT get on HRT until I see if I can get into super lean shape without anything at all.

Then I feel after getting into ultra lean condition on nothing (plummeted test I assume) , I would imagine getting on real legit HRT as in 100mg a week or whatever puts at around 600-900 ng/dL would actually fill me out and ignite some nice effects from a very lean state...

Or who knows -- maybe from being in the gutter with my test + now taking a beta-blocker for blood pressure , my metabolic rate just might be impaired and it wont be feasible...

I'll keep people posted --- just follow me on InstaGram (@mattporterapproved) and FaceBook/YouTube

Also -- if anyone has been following along I have been super productive with releasing new MPA Supps,,, I have knocked out like 4-5 ne product write-ups since being so liberated from eating obsessively .

-Matt
I've been watching bro. You've been doing great. I'm 32 and my test was 278 after 15wks cold turkey. Seems I've bought myself trt for life with my prior indulging.
800-1100/1200 would be optimal from what I've heard.

Also I was referring to the fact that low T has been shown in many cases to be more detrimental than higher therapeutic levels of T.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Much much respect . I'm surprised you're not using just a small bit of test just for TRT to normalize things as I'm sure you're very shut down, I can kind of understand your logic though. I wish you the best of luck and can't wait to see more from you.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws