over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dealing with Bloating and Digestive Issues

superbigd

Registered
Hey all,
In my quest of dealing with digestive issues where i go through periods of either diahrea or constipation ive found a couple things that help namely:
Taking 1Tablespoon of Metamucil each day before bed

But recently my stomach has still been uncomfortable depending on the food I eat or what i drink. For example i went out this past weekend and had two margaritas and had the wost diahrea the following day. And i find as i get older my stomach is becoming more and more sensitive. I use to drink Raw Milk but stopped because it became relatively expensive when i could just buy a Gallon of Organic Milk for the same price.

That being said Organic Milk didn't help my stomach as much as when i use to drink Raw Milk so i'm debating switching back (I only drink Milk in the morning with my Coffee).

What are some other suggestions for healing or working with a senstive stomach where i go through periods of bloating/constipation and diahrea?

Should i add digestive enzymes every meal? Or should I invest in Kefir? Appreciate all of your feedback and help. Didnt think there was a much better place to ask this question than this forum

best thing to start is start a food journal and eliminate each food you think is causing issues

Ive gone through it all, up to the point water bloated me.

A few things that I found helped me were a good digestive enzyme, I use Digest Gold, its expensive but worth it. Id take it 3 times a day.

Acidophilus helps, a good one that needs to be kept in the fridge cool as well as a good Probiotic.

The Kefir and kimchi, etc never did anything for my issues.

Also controlling stomach acid helped me as well, I got a prescription from my doctor called Tecta and that helped. Even though you may not be experiencing heart burn, it might be something to look at, start of with Nexium or Zantac see if it helps any.

Stay away from refined foods and sugars, try to stick with gluten free sources.

Good luck.

Ive gone through it all, up to the point water bloated me.

A few things that I found helped me were a good digestive enzyme, I use Digest Gold, its expensive but worth it. Id take it 3 times a day.

Stay away from refined foods and sugars, try to stick with gluten free sources.

Good luck.

This right here. Eliminate refined foods and sugars, then try and eliminate gluten

I've been doing this with my wife and taking in much more yogurt then I usually do, and I'm feeling great.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Having same issues for many years i can relate to this, been on meds for a long time aswel, still not been told by gp wat it is, used to get so bloated n looked 9 month preg lol couldn't crap for weeks was always clogged up, had 2 cameras put down me one being last week, all seems good, so further investigations pending, anyway few things that helped me n may help u, try n limit ur carbs esp bread, pasta, pastries, etc etc.. I stik to high protien n vegis again i suffer from constpation so i use mild laxatives ED, started taking digestive enzymes on empty stomech first thing in morning just before breakfast rufly 15/20 mins. Will let u no the name, i dont know for sure if its doing much but symptoms r on the low side, get sum ACV with MANUKA HONEY 10++ the good stuff no cheap shite, use 1 tablespoon in a glass of water daily, i notice a lot with this less bloating n less acid reflux, keep away from sugar as the other chaps mentioned and use pure organic/raw honey as a sweetner believe me it will sooth ur insides lol.. Even take a teaspoon a day or drink sum green tea with honey.. I have noticed a significant improvement however i am now battling constipation lol maybe all that protien? Give it a go n if u need more info drop us a pm

I have a sensitive stomach also, I can't barely cheat on my diet without getting sick. A few things I do that have really helped in the last six months is 1- put 10grams of glutamine in my mornjng protein drink to heal the stomach lining, 2- use digestive enzymes with each meal that contain a good amount of protease, 3 drink Kifir a bit and in the mornings drink a lemon acidity drink with a bit of Bragg vinegar.

First thing is I would see a doctor and get looked at. You could have a digestive disease. I was having similar issues, went in, and after a colonoscopy and endoscopy they found I had UC/IBD. It changed everything from that point forward.

First thing is I would see a doctor and get looked at. You could have a digestive disease. I was having similar issues, went in, and after a colonoscopy and endoscopy they found I had UC/IBD. It changed everything from that point forward.

So what changes have you made or supplements do you take and how do you manage it if I might ask?

So what changes have you made or supplements do you take and how do you manage it if I might ask?

hey bro, sorry about the delay. It will be a long post, so I apologize if it not needed.

I wasn't very informed (still am not as well as I would like to be) on what caused my issues. I cut out all dairy and all spices. removing dairy reduced all my issues drastically. I couldn't even do lactaid milk, just almond or rice milk. I quit using shitty whey isolates. Now, I cannot even do whey, so I use beef isolate, or egg white powder -both from TN. I have used beef isos from other companies and I puke/get blow outs from them.

I can do some foods with artificial sweeteners, but its hit or miss. Try to reduce that as well. Drink real fruit juice, watch out cause BCAA powders, and other stuff will or can kill your stomach. I had to drop almost all supplements. Again, some of them are fine for me, like EFX karbolyn and I can do frozen Tony's pepperoni pizza lol.

drop any energy drinks as they can really kill the gut. Garlic, any spicy spices, even black pepper can cause issues. Ruffage can be taxing as well, some nuts may upset your gut, and OATMEAL! strange, but it can be known to really fuck people up. I switched to cream of wheat and it digests so well for me.

I know this was a bit all over (I'm a bit high so I apologize). Once you do cut things out, only add back one variable at a time so you can see what is truly causing you issues. Try to avoid going out to eat, so you can control how it is being prepped. I am sorry you are having issues bro. I really hope you can find ways to make it livable. If I wasn't clear, or you have more questions hit me up.

also, I do take PB8 and magnesium at night.

Hey all,
In my quest of dealing with digestive issues where i go through periods of either diahrea or constipation ive found a couple things that help namely:
Taking 1Tablespoon of Metamucil each day before bed

But recently my stomach has still been uncomfortable depending on the food I eat or what i drink. For example i went out this past weekend and had two margaritas and had the wost diahrea the following day. And i find as i get older my stomach is becoming more and more sensitive. I use to drink Raw Milk but stopped because it became relatively expensive when i could just buy a Gallon of Organic Milk for the same price.

That being said Organic Milk didn't help my stomach as much as when i use to drink Raw Milk so i'm debating switching back (I only drink Milk in the morning with my Coffee).

What are some other suggestions for healing or working with a senstive stomach where i go through periods of bloating/constipation and diahrea?

Should i add digestive enzymes every meal? Or should I invest in Kefir? Appreciate all of your feedback and help. Didnt think there was a much better place to ask this question than this forum

I had digestive issues for year. It really messed up my progress.
Now I don't have issues at all.
Digestive enzymes did absolute nothing for me.

I think you have to eliminate all foods containing lactose,
so;
Also avoid proteinshakes.. They claim to have no lactose but
I found this is not true...

Eat all your foods, meat, fish , eggs....
Eating rice and veggies does seem to help digesting my food.

Maybe you have a glutenintollerance as well....

Good luck

Last edited:
Don't add anything.

Cut down to a basic, paleo style diet. Cut out supplements too. Then after a couple weeks, add in one thing at a time. If it makes you react, cut it out. It's the only way you'll know for sure what your body reacts to.

Good luck.

I have battled gerd (Acid reflux) for about 20 years. I have been on meds, tried all the home remedies etc…. Nothing worked. Until i eliminated 95% of the carbs from my diet. I was told for years i needed to supplement with acid pills when i ate high protein meals and nothing worked. I cut out 90-95% of my carbs and all issues went away. I know its not what you want to hear as a bodybuilder, but for me I'm no longer trying to get huge and am focus on health and quality of life. Cutting out carb is night and day for me and its been the best thing i have done for myself in years.

go to the dr and bring up these issues. let them test for serious issues and typical food alergies before playing these guessing games.

I had diarrhea in the mornings 5x a week minimum every week for about a decade! Sorry, that's gross but I'm just trying to contribute to the thread...

I got some relief from certain supplements but really what helped me was a protocol to fix small intestine bacterial overgrowth (which I must have had for YEARS) followed by the elimination diet.

Now I'm the healthiest I've ever been. Best thing I ever did.

Maybe google the symptoms of SIBO and if you think it sounds like your condition I can tell you the protocol I used?

I had diarrhea in the mornings 5x a week minimum every week for about a decade! Sorry, that's gross but I'm just trying to contribute to the thread...

I got some relief from certain supplements but really what helped me was a protocol to fix small intestine bacterial overgrowth (which I must have had for YEARS) followed by the elimination diet.

Now I'm the healthiest I've ever been. Best thing I ever did.

Maybe google the symptoms of SIBO and if you think it sounds like your condition I can tell you the protocol I used?

Im very interested in the protocol that you used. Please do tell
GB

I'll echo those sentiments as well

ok, well I'll try and be as brief as I can. The supplements I used were:

-0.2ml enteric coated peppermint oil
-1200mg monolaurin
-400mg berberine
-1200mg N Acetyl Cysteine

Taken twice a day on an empty stomach. The peppermint oil is antibacterial and antimicrobial, so it'll kill all the bad bugs. Monolaurin is similar in that it'll take out the bad bugs, too.

The NAC is what's known as a "Biofilm Disruptor", which, despite sounding very Syfy Channel, is necessary as when a load of the bad bacteria get together in your stomach they form this weird sort of force field called a Biofilm. The NAC weakens this so the peppermint oil and monolaurin can do their thing.

Finally berberine is in their to help heal your adrenals, which is apparently important when you have SIBO.

Once I had used all of those for a month I was feeling the best I've ever felt, but I added in some Prescript Assist probiotics (it's a soil-based probiotic which is apparently the mutt's nuts - apparently acidophillus based probiotics can actually contribute to SIBO so stay away from those) just to make sure I was repopulating with good bacteria.

I also eat a lot of cooked and cooled rice which forms resistant starch. This helps flush out bad bacteria from your intestine and feeds the good stuff. It's basically a natural probiotic and very effective.

I can't really stress enough just how life changing this protocol was for me. Literally 80% of my mornings started with a sprint to the bathroom, regardless of how "clean" my diet had been. Since the protocol I can eat the majority of the foods I thought I was intolerant to. There's still a few I need to avoid (whey protein, sadly, anything with a lot of fibre like chickpeas and beans) but knowing what they are makes avoiding them pretty easy.

One thing I will add, is after the SIBO protocol - if you do decide to do it - you need to do an elimination diet to see what foods you can and cannot eat, otherwise you'll keep eating foods that cause you problems and your SIBO will come roaring back into your life like a psycho ex-girlfriend.

Oh sorry - one more thing, definitely the last thing - people will cry that berberine is anti-anabolic, and yeah, there's some evidence to suggest that berberine interferes with some of the pathways necessary for anabolism, but think of it like this: how "anabolic" do you think your body is being when it's in a constant state of gastric distress? After my SIBO protocol I got leaner and more muscular practically overnight. I'd happily take a month of being "anti-anabolic" or whatever if it's followed by a lifetime of being healthy, muscular and super sexy.

Ok, I'm done. Hope that helps!

ok, well I'll try and be as brief as I can. The supplements I used were:

-0.2ml enteric coated peppermint oil
-1200mg monolaurin
-400mg berberine
-1200mg N Acetyl Cysteine

Taken twice a day on an empty stomach. The peppermint oil is antibacterial and antimicrobial, so it'll kill all the bad bugs. Monolaurin is similar in that it'll take out the bad bugs, too.

The NAC is what's known as a "Biofilm Disruptor", which, despite sounding very Syfy Channel, is necessary as when a load of the bad bacteria get together in your stomach they form this weird sort of force field called a Biofilm. The NAC weakens this so the peppermint oil and monolaurin can do their thing.

Finally berberine is in their to help heal your adrenals, which is apparently important when you have SIBO.

Once I had used all of those for a month I was feeling the best I've ever felt, but I added in some Prescript Assist probiotics (it's a soil-based probiotic which is apparently the mutt's nuts - apparently acidophillus based probiotics can actually contribute to SIBO so stay away from those) just to make sure I was repopulating with good bacteria.

I also eat a lot of cooked and cooled rice which forms resistant starch. This helps flush out bad bacteria from your intestine and feeds the good stuff. It's basically a natural probiotic and very effective.

I can't really stress enough just how life changing this protocol was for me. Literally 80% of my mornings started with a sprint to the bathroom, regardless of how "clean" my diet had been. Since the protocol I can eat the majority of the foods I thought I was intolerant to. There's still a few I need to avoid (whey protein, sadly, anything with a lot of fibre like chickpeas and beans) but knowing what they are makes avoiding them pretty easy.

One thing I will add, is after the SIBO protocol - if you do decide to do it - you need to do an elimination diet to see what foods you can and cannot eat, otherwise you'll keep eating foods that cause you problems and your SIBO will come roaring back into your life like a psycho ex-girlfriend.

Oh sorry - one more thing, definitely the last thing - people will cry that berberine is anti-anabolic, and yeah, there's some evidence to suggest that berberine interferes with some of the pathways necessary for anabolism, but think of it like this: how "anabolic" do you think your body is being when it's in a constant state of gastric distress? After my SIBO protocol I got leaner and more muscular practically overnight. I'd happily take a month of being "anti-anabolic" or whatever if it's followed by a lifetime of being healthy, muscular and super sexy.

Ok, I'm done. Hope that helps!
Very interesting and much appreciated. I will certainly give it a go . Thanks
GB

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Organic cider vinegar can help where probiotics fail.

If your flora has been dead for a long time you'll need the vinegar to clear out the infestation in your gut before you introduce the probiotics.

That way the probiotics won't all die immediately. lol

I was totally screwed for a few years after accutane. Accutane kills everything good and bad.

Then the bad comes back with nothing to control it.

Wow, great info guys!! I'm subscribing. I've got issues as well, gastro doc prescribed expensive meds. Some of these recommendations look promising.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member