over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help keep Kratom legal

johnjuanb1

Featured Member / Sponsor Rep
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Sponsors
Folks let's please all make ONE LAST PUSH to the Senators on the Criminal Justice Committee before the 4pm hearing (today). If you use Kratom and it has helped your life as much as it has mine, each and every one of you should pick up the telephone and call these offices (there are only 5 of them; click on each name for the phone numbers) and ask them to:
Please vote no on SB 1182.
Senator Greg Evers (850) 487-5002
Senator Audrey Gibson (850) 487-5009
Senator Rob Bradley (850) 487-5007
Senator Jeff Brandes (850) 487-5022
Senator Jeff Clemens (850) 487-5027

Especially if you are a Floridian, please, PLEASE make these calls!

I will do this now. Kratom has helped me so much I can't tell enough people how useful it is.

I still don't completely understand Kratom or how it helps or not help.

I just called all 5 senators and requesting they vote NO on SB1182.
Everyone was very nice that I talked to.

I'm sure we'll still be able to get it either way. But who wants extra trouble for something "mainly harmless" like K. I do understand the dangers involved though but too much of anything will always kill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still don't completely understand Kratom or how it helps or not help.

Kratom is very limited in its medical research.
Many decades ago the cash crop in Asia was opium.
Kratom is a fast growing endogenous tree is Asia which has many therapeutic benefits including pain relief, anxiety relief, energy, a stronger immune system, a general sense of well being. Since Kratom trees were everywhere throughout Asia growing freely, they were cutting into the government profit from opium. This caused Kratom to be made illegal.
Now they are finding that Kratom is a very effective way of getting crystal meth addicts clean, along with pain pill/opiate addiction, so they are reevaluating it's worth on society. Opium is no longer a legal cash crop obviously so the original justification for outlawing Kratom is moot.

Many people only know what the read in the media. The media tries to compare Kratom to a drug that will get you high, which is completely false. Kratom DOES NOT get you high. Kratom is in the same family as coffee, but it is a partial agonist to the opiate receptor making it a bit stronger than coffee. If Kratom is abused with long term daily use then stoping cold turkey without tapering down will lead to feeling like crap for a week. Try stoping coffee after a year of drinking it several times a day. You'll feel like crap for a week.
Used responsibly, Kratom has too many health benefits to ignore. It contains 20 times more antioxidants than green tea/EGCG.
Kratom has helped motivate me by giving me energy I lacked, self confidence I lacked, reducing my chronic depression and anxiety.
Kratom needs to be researched by companies to come up with new forms of medicine, not made illegal to where no research will happen.

The fact that anything you take in excess will compromise some sort of issue. Plus Kratom doesn't damage organs like over the counter Tylenol even takin on a reg basis.....

Are they trying to make it illegal right away?

They're going after Florida and two other states. Today they decided they need more information before making a ruling.
I believe is eastern medicine and herbs. I think we should have the right to heal our own bodies. I think it's a violation of our rights to take away our freedom of using natural remedies. This country was founded on the principal freedom in the pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness, to avoid being controlled by a king. It feels like the federal is turning into a fascist state limiting freedom after freedom. Heck, I just may run for office. They'll love my honesty and radical ideas! :D

The fact that anything you take in excess will compromise some sort of issue. Plus Kratom doesn't damage organs like over the counter Tylenol even takin on a reg basis.....

If they want to save lives, shut down fast food. ;)

But you can still get your cigarettes easily!

KRATOM WINS FLORIDA!!!!

"I see a lot of confusion. Yes, HB 73 passed out of its 2nd House Committee today. But that DOESN'T MATTER because the Senate is tp'ing their bill - SB 1182. You can't pass a law without a House and a Senate bill and they have to be identical. A TP is a temporary postponement and is happening because this Senate committee wanted an age restriction compromise - either 18+ or 21+. But the House and Senate bill sponsors (Jacobs and Latvala) could not reach agreement on this. So while we're not going to call this a win YET, an age compromise would have to happen and the bills would have to go back through committees (i.e. The Senate bill would have to go through 3 committees in 2 weeks - virtually impossible). So no matter what, kratom will not be banned in FL this year. An age restriction COULD STILL happen but even that's unlikely - they're really running out of time..."

"I see a lot of confusion. Yes, HB 73 passed out of its 2nd House Committee today. But that DOESN'T MATTER because the Senate is tp'ing their bill - SB 1182. You can't pass a law without a House and a Senate bill and they have to be identical. A TP is a temporary postponement and is happening because this Senate committee wanted an age restriction compromise - either 18+ or 21+. But the House and Senate bill sponsors (Jacobs and Latvala) could not reach agreement on this. So while we're not going to call this a win YET, an age compromise would have to happen and the bills would have to go back through committees (i.e. The Senate bill would have to go through 3 committees in 2 weeks - virtually impossible). So no matter what, kratom will not be banned in FL this year. An age restriction COULD STILL happen but even that's unlikely - they're really running out of time..."

What ever the outcome hopefully in favor there should be an age restriction. When Junior at 16 jumps off a bridge because he ingested 70g's of kratom. This happens.

Last edited:
I fully support an she restriction for 18+. I believe parents should still have a say in their child's treatment and recovery. I also think it would be a huge mistake to ban Kratom. I belong to several Kratom groups and the amount of people who have used to get clean is extremely high. Then you have the ones that use is as alternative to pain medication, anti depressants, anti anxiety and so much more. We have people from all walks of life in these groups and all ages. Not just recovering addicts. I'm a bit aggravated at those who speak against it without a full understanding of what it is and what it can do meanwhile alcohol, cigarettes and now weed is acceptable. I feel like it's just one more way our government tries to control our lives. Pharmaceutical companies are also completely against Kratom but they have more money than we do. It's very unfortunate. Please write your lawmakers. Florida, Georgia and New York have bills right now. Florida would take affect in October. New York in January.

What ever the outcome hopefully in favor there should be an age restriction. When Junior at 16 jumps off a bridge because he ingested 70g's of kratom. This happens.

That was not caused by Kratom alone. There was a lot of other things at play there. There was other drugs and extreme depression. If anyone ever ingested 70 grams of Kratom they would more than likely vomit and fall asleep. It's not possible. 70g of that powder is a lot. Now I tell you what is a huge problem is when vendors use cheap man made chemicals to spice up their Kratom and sell it. It's happened quite a few times. I believe one just got busted in Florida for doing that. People get hurt that way. Like I said above though, I fully support an age restriction for a couple of reasons.

For those who might have missed this post before and for those who would like to know a little more about Kratom and the possible health benefits.

One of the most unique, and baffling, aspects of kratom effects is its ability to offer different results depending on dose. This action is caused by the vast array of different alkaloids typically found in Mitragyna speciosa which all have varying active dose ranges. We know more about some alkaloids than others and, owing to the lack of scientific study, there may be more alkaloids yet to be discovered that we do not know much about.

Here is a list of known kratom effects based on alkaloids:

Ajmalicine (Raubasine):
Cerebrocirculant, antiaggregant, anti-adrenergic (at alpha-1), sedative, anticonvulsant, smooth muscle relaxer. Also found in Rauwolfia serpentina.

Akuammigine:

Ciliaphylline:
antitussive, analgesic.
< 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Corynantheidine:
μ -opioid antagonist

Corynoxeine:
Calcium channel blocker.

Corynoxine
A and B: Dopamine mediating anti-locomotives.

Epicatechin:
Antioxidant, antiaggregant, antibacterial, antidiabetic,
antihepatitic, anti-inflammatory, anti-leukemic, antimutagenic, antiperoxidant,
antiviral,
Could potentially help prevent cancer

9-Hydroxycorynantheidine:
Partial opioid agonist

7-hydroxymitragynine:
Analgesic, antitussive, anti diarrheal;
primary psychoactive in Kratom
about 2% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Isomitraphylline:
Immunostimulant, anti-leukemic.

Isomitrafoline:

Isopteropodine:
Immunostimulant

Isorhynchophylline:
Immunostimulant.

Isospeciofoline:

Mitraciliatine:

Mitragynine:
Indole alkaloid. Analgesic, antitussive, anti diarrheal, adrenergic, antimalarial,
possible psychedelic (5-HT2A) antagonist.
Roughly 66% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Mitragynine oxindole B.

Mitraphylline:

Mitraphylline:
Oxindole alkaloid. Vasodilator, antihypertensive, muscle relaxer, diuretic, antiamnesic, anti-leukemic, possible immunostimulant.
<1% of total alkaloid contents in Kratom leaf.

Mitraversine

Paynantheine:
Indole alkaloid. Smooth muscle relaxer.
8.6% to 9% of total alkaloid contents in Kratom leaf.

Rhynchophylline:
Vasodilator, antihypertensive, calcium channel blocker,
antiaggregant, anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, anti-arrhythmic, antithelmintic.

Speciociliatine:
Weak opioid agonist.
0.8% to 1% of total alkaloid content of Kratom leaf, unique to Kratom

Speciofoline

Speciogynine:
Smooth muscle relaxer.
6.6% to 7% of total alkaloid contents of Kratom leaf.

Speciophylline:
Indole alkaloid. Anti-leukemic.
<1% of total alkaloid contents of Kratom leaf.

Stipulatine

Tetrahydroalstonine:
Hypoglycemic, anti-adrenergic (at alpha-2)

The above findings are mean values based on data from several studies. Kratom alkaloid content will vary markedly between strains and therefore kratom effects will likewise vary accordingly. Alkaloid content will vary between different locations around central Asia and will even vary dependent on the time of year the leafs are harvested. Having said this, we work with our suppliers to introduce new techniques to mitigate these differences which results in a similarly potent product all year round.

That was not caused by Kratom alone. There was a lot of other things at play there. There was other drugs and extreme depression. If anyone ever ingested 70 grams of Kratom they would more than likely vomit and fall asleep. It's not possible. 70g of that powder is a lot. Now I tell you what is a huge problem is when vendors use cheap man made chemicals to spice up their Kratom and sell it. It's happened quite a few times. I believe one just got busted in Florida for doing that. People get hurt that way. Like I said above though, I fully support an age restriction for a couple of reasons.

There was a kid who actually jumped off a bridge on kratom ? I pulled that out of thin air to make a point how kids abuse supplements and so on just to ruin it for others who benefit from them. And the 70g's was an exaggeration.
Use kratom myself. Didn't know that actually happened and sure there were other factors involved...

Last edited:
There was a kid who actually jumped off a bridge on kratom ? I pulled that out of thin air to make a point how kids abuse supplements and so on just to ruin it for others who benefit from them. And the 70g's was an exaggeration.

Use kratom myself. Didn't know that actually happened and sure there were other factors involved...

There was a kid who committed suicide while detoxing from heroin. He had a history of substance abuse and mental illness. He was using Kratom as well at the time and the parents directed their pain and anger towards that. I do not in anyway harbor ill feelings towards his parents. I could not even begin to imagine what they are going through and I truly wish them peace. They just don't understand and I don't expect them too. I honestly do not remember the exact way the kid committed suicide. You might have been right. Either way it is tragic.

OMG ! That's horrible. Have a 14 year old daughter. I would be devastated.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131