over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Compartmental Syndrome and AAS USE

srlhec

Registered
I'm in the military and in 2013 got diagnosed and had surgery for compartmental syndrome of my left leg; all four compartments. It was shortly after my second cycle of AAS that I was experiencing sharp, sharp pains in my lower leg when I was running. This was extremely unusual for me as I was CC runner in HS as well as orienteering in JROTC for HS. After I left high school I enlisted and obviously continued running for service requirements. I could run a 12:40 two mile on average for my PT fitness test. Additionally, now since I've had the surgery I've been AAS free for about a year. What's interesting is that before I had the surgery I never felt the right leg hurt but after the surgery this last year I felt the right leg. The doctors stated I never felt the right bc the left was reaching a pain threshold much faster and therefore, I would quit running and pain would subside never allowing me to feel the right until now since the left leg had the surgery. However, since I've been AAS free and just in the last few months Ive been doing more cardio and feel as though my right leg is doing better. I haven't pushed it and only been doing like 8 min average miles for 1 or 2 but this is a HUGE improvement from where I've been and all the therapy trying to be able to run again. Could the AAS be the cause for the pain. Could it be that when cycling the calf or muscle could be growing/swelling and therefore, pushing against the fascia causing the compartmental syndrome to be worsened? I'm not trying to blame AAS (I knew the risk and made and educated decision) I'm just trying to figure out if I continue this lifestyle, is running something Im going to have to permanently give up... and has anyone else been diagnosed or noticed a difference while using? If I'm in the wrong forum I apologize and please move it. Also, sorry for rambling but this has consumed my life for the past couple years. Thanks for everyones time in advance.

I had the same problem 10 years ago while playing lacrosse. At the time I didn't know anything about proper gear use or a.i.'s. I was taking test and dbol and retaining alot of water. So when I ran there wasn't enough room in my shins for "the pump" I'd get and it hurt like hell. It got to the point where my feet would go completely numb and I ended up getting stress fractures. They suggested get surgery to create more room in the shin muscle. I didnt want another surgery so I stopped all gear use for 5 years or so and everything was fine. Now back on gear I've learned the importance of a.i's and just keeping pretty lean year round and now I can run with no pain. So I'd suggest starting with low doses and try to keep to compounds that don't cause alot of water retention. Diet helps too, if you take in alot of sodium without alot of water it will be a recipe for more pain. Hope this helps and good luck

Thanks gojimmgo for the reply! I do cycle properly. I always have and use an AI (typically aromasin), prami, NAC (liver), and eat clean. I track macros. I feel like I'm educated about AAS too (always trying to learn though). The only thing I would say is that I am now a little higher body fat then what I should be cycling (I can honestly admit that) but I keep the test at 200mg a week and use tren to do the real work. The surgery really set me back. I did gain weight during cycle I wonder if this affected it too. I was smaller in high school and boxed at 135lbs after getting out and enlisting and hitting the weight I stabilized at around 165-175 and figured that didn't help out the "pressures" either. I just really want to get back to being able to run my 2 mile pt test for the military. I feel like a B**** bc I'm currently on a permanent profile for the bicycle as an alternate event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can run on tren? My mind is blown.

Haha...well I'm not running an extremely high dosage but bare in mind I don't think I can "run" like I used to. Also, I never attempted to run any significant distance while on tren. But during therapy and other different variances of cardiovascular training, I didn't see a huge diminish in my abilities (only one cycle while on tren). Since I've been off for a year I've just now been able to run again even mediocrely. I'm just now at the point to where I can run a cycle again. So in truth I don't know if I can run while on Tren but I never saw that large of a diminish last time. I'm more worried about the pressure AAS may cause on the muscles/fascia. That's what I'm looking for some one to speak to. I've searched Google looked for studies and the only thing I found was someone that was in a motorcycle accident after a gym session while using AAS and requiring multiple faschiotomies.

Thanks gojimmgo for the reply! I do cycle properly. I always have and use an AI (typically aromasin), prami, NAC (liver), and eat clean. I track macros. I feel like I'm educated about AAS too (always trying to learn though). The only thing I would say is that I am now a little higher body fat then what I should be cycling (I can honestly admit that) but I keep the test at 200mg a week and use tren to do the real work. The surgery really set me back. I did gain weight during cycle I wonder if this affected it too. I was smaller in high school and boxed at 135lbs after getting out and enlisting and hitting the weight I stabilized at around 165-175 and figured that didn't help out the "pressures" either. I just really want to get back to being able to run my 2 mile pt test for the military. I feel like a B**** bc I'm currently on a permanent profile for the bicycle as an alternate event.

It sounds like everything is on point so I'm really not to sure what to say. Obviously your case is far more severe then mine was. I found it hard to find info on the subject as well. Like you said maybe even being at a slightly greater body fat level then usual might contribute to it. After I had recovered from knee surgery I went overboard on the bulking and forgot the word cardio and it was brutal. Tried playing ball hockey and could barely run 20 steps. Not sure if what was worse the pain in my shins or the fact I looked like a fat ass bowling ball who couldn't run. I wish you luck. Hopefully you can track someone down who's had a similar experience and a positive outcome.

Gojimmgo thanks for replies! The only person I've seen is a Military Muscle CEO posted on IG about being diagnosed and having the surgeries. I may try and PM him but don't know if I would receive a response back. Again thanks for the replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity