advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training Frequency? How many Train a Body Part Twice a week.

Warrior08

Registered
Ive been thinking alot lately about increasing my training frequency.

Right now i just do a typical body part split training each muscle group once a week.

But my recovery is good and i feel i could train much sooner again, instead of having to wait a full week to hit the same muscle.

This article really got me thinking about this more.

**broken link removed**

I was thinking about trying something like this.

Monday- Chest / Back 3 exercises each, Heavier weight 6-10 reps

tuesday- Delts / Arms 3 exercises each, heavier 8-12 reps

Wednesday - Legs 4 exercises, Heavier 8-12 reps

Thursday - Rest

Friday - Chest/ Back 3 exercises each, Lighter weight 10-20reps

Saturday- Delts / Arms 3 exercises each, Lighter weight 10-20 reps

Sunday - Legs 4 exercises, lighter weight 10-20 reps

Monday - rest.......

anyone try anything like this????

It's all personal preference about that. What I would say (and I'm by no means an expert) but given my training and having a coach is -listen to your biofeedback. Listen to YOUR body. If your feeling good and your feeling like you can train without over taxing the CNS and muscle(s) then by all means I'd say go for it. Let other's more experience chime in but this is just my .02.

Also, I know from my own experience if i do this I strive for a "pump" day when do the muscle group(s) twice a week just so I don't over tax anything...Once again just my personal preferences.

Have you thought about DC training? Might be what your looking for..

Yep...personal preference based on how ur body feels. I just recently switched to training EOD, 2 bodyparts per workout, high reps and high sets, moderate weight and 30 sec. rest between sets.

I have i think one day i will give it a try. my issue is i just love training for a pump and with a good amount of volume.

but im sure DC would do me well bc i have never trained like that.

This

I started DC training 11 yr ago when i was 49. I do it presently 3 wks on and the next 4 wks with a/light/reps flipflop. Doing the negatives and statics will increase mass/strength and give you a great advantage at tendon/ligament strength/health and longivity.
Form is at a strict 90 degrees so as not to overextend the joint capsules. You will lift injury free if u pay attention to that point. Im as strong now as i was when 45 old. My very peak strength was at 56 old. Its a great routine DC has laid out for many folks.. pro

I started DC training 11 yr ago when i was 49. I do it presently 3 wks on and the next 4 wks with a/light/reps flipflop. Doing the negatives and statics will increase mass/strength and give you a great advantage at tendon/ligament strength/health and longivity.
Form is at a strict 90 degrees so as not to overextend the joint capsules. You will lift injury free if u pay attention to that point. Im as strong now as i was when 45 old. My very peak strength was at 56 old. Its a great routine DC has laid out for many folks.. pro

sounds good!

im getting ready for my first show and im 19 weeks out so i dont think im gonna make any changes until afterwards but ill start researching now

Similar to what I do now. 3 on 1 off split. Slightly lower volume with intensity still elevated.

One of my favorite programs!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Everything gets it twice a week except arms.

I would feel like I needed some dedicated delt work in there somewhere.

I wish I could train 7 days a week. I hate off days, but I also know that would be counter productive

I wish I could train 7 days a week. I hate off days, but I also know that would be counter productive

My thinking is that the lighter pump days wouldn't impact ur CNS as bad and would still stimulate growth...

i could see only hitting legs once a week though bc regardless of reps its still pretty taxing

depends on the body part. because we're doing so many compound exercises some muscle groups won't benefit from it (basically bis tris and shoulders) but larger muscle groups like chest and legs and perhaps back benefit in some regards as they aren't being worked repeatedly in every work out. i have found when lagging, adding in an extra chest day (even if its light) or especially legs, can help in bringing them up. but like an above poster said, listen to your body.

I'm doing DC type of training now with a push pull legs split hitting everything 2x a week. I love it, I'm pounding the food and my recovery is awesome. I can tell now though that eventually I WILL burn out, in which case I'll switch to hitting everything once a week with some higher volume for a few weeks then jump back into DC PPL. I really really enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 times a week here...sometimes once every 5 days also if i only train 3x per week. Either one is bettet than once a week for me

If you are

Doing dc with negatives and statics Properly and to Capacity once every 5 days is about the right span for most. If u do more ull cook ur CNS right out of the pan.. u should get progressively stronger in small increments in most weeks. Godluck pro

With the program listed at the top it looks like arms will be getting hit 4 times a week. A have had good results with a basic push pull routine.

I used to have a habit of over training myself just to keep a pump when I was in my 20's.

I'm surprised nobody has brought up Fortitude Training.
The basic version hits most bodyparts three days a week.
Each day is varied.
It's a 4 day a week program and I've had good success with it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131