over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cardio first high intensity training.

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
If you're doing higher volume higher intensity training what would the difference be if you trained 20 or 30 minutes longer than normal instead of doing 20 or 30 minutes of cardio afterwards? If your heart rate is going to be relatively the same during your training session as it is during cardio what benefits would cardio have opposed to just training a little longer? Thanks

I think the key issue would be maintaining a sustained elevated heart rate throughout the duration of cardio rather than the inconsistent heart rate during training. Your heart rate would vary due to short rest periods between sets , changing equipment, or getting a quick drink.

If you're doing higher volume higher intensity training what would the difference be if you trained 20 or 30 minutes longer than normal instead of doing 20 or 30 minutes of cardio afterwards? If your heart rate is going to be relatively the same during your training session as it is during cardio what benefits would cardio have opposed to just training a little longer? Thanks

It would be extremely difficult to reach the same heart rate by lifting as it would be by doing cardio HIIT. When I'm using a stepmaster or treadmill for HIIT, the monitor says I my hr is up to 170bpm immediately after stopping the all out bursts (not sure weather it's accurate or not). I don't see any way to get it that high just from lifting.

But wouldn't high volume high intensity training be similar to Hit cardio? Example if your breaks are 30-40 sec between sets your HR would be through the roof the whole time? Or maybe I just think my heart rate is higher than it is while training.

Or what about those who don't do hit cardio and just do 30 minutes of moderate intensity cardio where your heart rate is around 130 during cardio. Wouldn't 30 extra minutes of higher volume training keep your heart rate at at least 130 or higher?

Last edited:
I guess you will have the answer after you run those three options :)

so doing sprints....similar to a high intense high volume training...

wouldn't be worth the time for cardio...????

:cool:

Perhaps, but not regular high volume training. If you did metabolic conditioning (CrossFit type stuff) for a half hour then maybe. Thrusters, burpees, etc. with short rests is very much like HIIT.

and how is this NOT suitable cardio...??

anyone care to explain burst training or burst cardio...??

more effective than the mundane c a r d i o.....

:cool:

Last edited:
Well, lower intensity cardio exercise will be better for fat burning since intensity is low enough that it is mostly aerobic. Higher intensity is going to occur with less oxygen supplied to the muscles and it becomes more anaerobic and burns glycogen. At least that's the way I remember it. Both train the heart though, not sure which would provide more benefits.

Well, lower intensity cardio exercise will be better for fat burning since intensity is low enough that it is mostly aerobic. Higher intensity is going to occur with less oxygen supplied to the muscles and it becomes more anaerobic and burns glycogen. At least that's the way I remember it. Both train the heart though, not sure which would provide more benefits.

That sounds about right. The low intensity provides more benefits, benefits to lazy asses like myself who don't want to exert too much :D

Cardio or HIIT

So many factors come in to play when dialing in your very own program. I personally use HIIT for muscle endurance gains but low intensity cardio is a staple for overall fat loss. Just remember that YOU the biggest weak link in the program(speaking for myself)when training alone. So find your zone and get off the couch to do work. Fitness is earned not given!

Sorry I just noticed my thread should have said "v.s." Not "first"

More hard training is not necessarily better.

In my opinion while doing resistance training you are building muscle / preventing muscle loss but not burning as many calories during the actual session but calories will continue to burn after your resistance workout.

With cardio you are only burning more calories during session but calories burned may also come from muscle. Calorie burn from cardio does not continue after your session ends.

Last edited:
With cardio you are only burning more calories during session but calories burned may also come from muscle. Calorie burn from cardio does not continue after your session ends.

Completely disagree...

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL