over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mixing protein in coffee

kscowboy

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
I have tried finding a definitive answer but can't. Is it ok to mix my whey protein powder in my coffee?

I do it the other way around - chocolate whey a little water then put some espresso shots in it. Why wouldn't it be OK?

It isn't going to denature the whey and it will taste good :)

Don't put it in hot coffee. The whey breakdowns and tastes horrible. Ice coffee with vanilla whey is great.

Syntha 6 espresso with iced black coffee is my morning ritual. But don't mix it with hot coffee... Bad news bears right there...it tastes horrible

I mix cold brewed coffee with my protein and olive oil for breakfast every morning, no issues and tastes good to me.

Do it ! I use my protien to make pancakes with as well

entertainment purposes only

yes....hot liquids tend to cook the whey or do
something to it where it does not like to dissolve.

jrock mentioned ice coffee....ideal

:lightbulb:

I have tried finding a definitive answer but can't. Is it ok to mix my whey protein powder in my coffee?

Yes, you can, try to use unflavored and with out artificial sweeteners protein powders.

If you workout first in the morning and have no time for a big breakfast, than try to add to your coffee and protein 1 big tbs coconut oil and 1/2 cup of honey.

Do it ! I use my protien to make pancakes with as well

I order and use the P28 protein bread. I recently noticed they now sell a whey protein pancake mix. Tried it last weekend. The pancakes were great but using sugar free syrup kinda sucked. Well wasnt that bad but definitely not the same as regular syrup

Mate some companies make protein coffee which basically has hydrolysate protein in it so very thin and taste like a skimmed milk coffee I have tried it. didn't like it. protein in cold coffee love it anytime. In hot disgusting . I tried 2-3 UK brands and they were not nice at all. hydrolysate protein ones were the best of the lot imo.

Ok i just tried it. Not awful, but not great. As Tenny said above, it seems to "Curdle" the protein and some float on top. It has a slight bitter taste but nothing i couldn't handle. I used cold filtered whey from TN and it was the cinnamon bun flavoring. Like Emeric said, i bet its better with unflavored, unsweetened protein. Also i probably used too much as i used a whole scoop in my yeti coffee cup. Might need to cut that in half but over all it wasn't bad. I just remember some old posts saying it was detrimental to the protein.

Thanks fellas.

you know what does work......

LBAs in coffee.

:cool:

I order and use the P28 protein bread. I recently noticed they now sell a whey protein pancake mix. Tried it last weekend. The pancakes were great but using sugar free syrup kinda sucked. Well wasnt that bad but definitely not the same as regular syrup
I use honey in my coffee or agave, no syrup or sugar

entertainment purposes only

If you drink almond milk. You can mix the protein with that and then add the coffee.

...things i recall reading years ago but never found out for certain -

creatine can become unstable in water and should be consumed within about 10 minutes. heat changes whey protein structure. hot boiling water on whey may cause the break down of weak bonds linking amino acids. supposedly causes strings of amino acids to unravel. instead i have always mixed and consumed both of these cold within about 15 minutes. yes i have wanted to add whey to coffee but instead have tried other ideas using it in no bake protein cookies, pudding, yogurt, ice cream milk shakes and peanut butter. nothing new there.

also recall reading about a math formula allowing one to look at estradiol lab number and SHBG lab number (possibly one other lab variable) to establish how much testosterone has been recently injected. never found out for certain. sounded reasonable at the time and i may still have article in the hundreds of notes and files on my pc but haven't run across it.

not a frickin scientist but am able to do some lab work. i would do a study if a someone would sponsor me some gear. i house a steady supply of white mice because of a herpalogical interests. (no nothing to do with STD's) anyway happy lifting and don't burn your mouth with whey coffee.

Post not intended to diagnose or treat health issues.

Like Little Slice said you will die brah! :naughty:

On a serious note..get some LBA's and put a tablespoon or two in your coffee. Thank me later.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws