over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Quitting Adderall/time off gym/ restore adrenals

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
I've tried 100 times to quit Adderall with no success. Finally today I went to my doctor and told him I need his help. Two years ago I was prescribed 20 mg instant release two times per day for a ADD but it turns out I don't even have ADD the doctor just thought it would be a good idea. So the Adderall didn't do what it was supposed to do instead it gave me an extreme rush and energy. When I'm not taking it I cannot function. The past year I have been using 60 mg a day and I need to stop. Blood pressure and heart rate have significantly increased the past year. I have a new doctor and he suggested I try quitting cold turkey and if I have terrible withdrawals I can come to his office daily and he will give me one pill so I don't abuse it. I'm going to use my two weeks vacation and start next week and just take two weeks off from the gym and everything and sleep as much as possible. Have a few questions if you guys don't mind.

Do you think two weeks is enough if I've been on it for two years?

During my off time I will be on 300 mg test, 3iu Humatrope, ghrp/ghrh, and 10mg mk677. I figure the best diet will be a maintenance diet. If I need energy the only source I am going to use is coffee. I figure my adrenals are shot so I'm wondering if I should use anything to help them recover? I plan on using Humanfort, ashwaganda, ginseng, already take most supplements out there for health benefits but if there is something worth using I will try it? Maybe something like five HTP? I take 20 mg Lexapro so I figure that is already helping my serotonin but should I add something like caber or prami to help dopamine?

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:
i got myself in a very like situation with Adderall. Hang in there. 2 weeks is a great start and tremendous accomplishment. Get there first, one day at a time.
And for me: Cabergoline was extremely helpful, working through the dopamine blues.

2 weeks will never be enough....

2 months will never be enough....

not trying to scare you.....but, it is what it is.

:cool:

my wife is in naturopathic medical school and gets supps from a supplier there. This company is for "professionals", basically nmd`s and people like that will sell these. One called "adrenal manager" contains a bunch of multi-vitamin stuff plus, parotid, thymus, spleen, adrenal gland (all from argentina bovine), chorella, rhodiola, grape extract. Another one has PABA (para-aminobenzoic acid) and cordyceps extract (cordyceps sinensis)(mycelium) 7%. Maybe look into some of those ingredients

CABER AND MUCANA PURIENS FOR DOPA, AND ADRESET FROM METAGENICS.
YOUR PROBLEM IS DOPAMINE RELATED. A BANANA A DAY CAN HELP TOO.

I'm actually am ADHD and i do get the rush from adderall but i never got addicted to it. Didn't know this was a big issue.

Do you do cardio? I'd say thats one of the best solutions to lowering your BP and just staying healthy overall. It has helped me drastically. Also do you supplements such as fish oil? If no, id suggest you do so. 4g per day.

Sent from my E6883 using Tapatalk

Not sure if this would really do anything for someone on gear, but I've heard of dhea being used to help with adrenal fatigue. I recall someone on here saying they were taking it to help with anxiety also. Might be something to read up on and see if it could be worth a try.

my experience and opinion

Just quiet now. Cold turkey. You are addicted (for now) that is all.
It is just a bad habit that you developed. Like alcoholism, which is not a
disease, regardless of what people try and tell you. And habits can be
broken. And withdrawal symptoms in this case are a learned behavior.

You do not need any supplements or drugs, just the motivation and
the will. And you have them both. I know you can do this. Just quit.
Now. Today. No more. Forget about this substance.

Exercise; both strength and some long cardio sessions (outside)
and a balanced diet and you will be right as rain before you know
it. Don’t let this fuc with your head. This is not rocket science and
don’t let yourself become convinced it is.

PM me. We can set up a time to talk if you like. Support is there if
you need it; don’t be embarrassed. It helps people to help others.

And we are all here for you.

Did someone just say alcoholism wasn't a disease regardless of what you're told?

It's a recognized disease by the medical association and one can receive disability for.

Stick to facts please.

Anybody hear about Prince dying recently? Guy never let people drink at parties and is a genius who can play any instrument for two days and master it. Yet he does from opiate over dose. It's a disease. If you don't trust me at least trust doctors.

Never mind I actually believe you. Continue to enlighten me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did someone just say alcoholism wasn't a disease regardless of what you're told?

It's a recognized disease by the medical association and one can receive disability for.

Stick to facts please.

Anybody hear about Prince dying recently? Guy never let people drink at parties and is a genius who can play any instrument for two days and master it. Yet he does from opiate over dose. It's a disease. If you don't trust me at least trust doctors.

Never mind I actually believe you. Continue to enlighten me.

It's a disease in the same way pounding 5 big mac value meals a day turns you into a diabetic. I feel the moniker "disease" should be reserved for things out of your control, what alcoholics and diabetics have is a problem.

OP fuck everyone and everything and just prove to yourself that you're stronger than any fucking pill! Get angry about it, tell yourself that you're a fucking god and gods don't need that shit!

That's how I quit regularly smoking it was 99% mental, good luck but fuck luck you don't need it you got this shit!

Last edited:
The ignorance is strong in this one

The ignorance is strong in this one

Ignorance is insulting people because they don't believe what you believe

How did it go today BigOne, you ready for that vacay??

Your "I feel statement " is ignorant. Give me studies and evidence all day over your feelings.This person has serious problems and "I feel"/bro science is ignorant

Your "I feel statement " is ignorant. Give me studies and evidence all day over your feelings.This person has serious problems and "I feel"/bro science is ignorant

Nothing I'm saying is in regards to the OP, I was defending someone who you called out because I agreed with what they said which was also in support of the OP.

I FEEL that alcoholics are a bunch of selfish pussies with no self control who couldn't put the bottle down, ignorant as fuck and I don't care what you think. If you want to get on a soap box for alcoholics go make a thread for it, stop calling people names.

Last edited:
Nothing I'm saying is in regards to the OP, I was defending someone who you called out because I agreed with what they said which was also in support of the OP.

I FEEL that alcoholics are a bunch of selfish pussies with no self control who couldn't put the bottle down, ignorant as fuck and I don't care what you think. If you want to get on a soap box for alcoholics go make a thread for it, stop calling people names.

They have no self control to put the bottle down because there is a chemical addiction with physiological withdrawal symptoms, not because they are selfish pussies.

They have no self control to put the bottle down because there is a chemical addiction with physiological withdrawal symptoms, not because they are selfish pussies.

Yea I know that, I don't actually believe what I typed I was just trying to be "ignorant" as I was already being called that.

Oh well played then

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member