over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BUILDING A THICK NECK

CYNDER_BLOCK

Banned
What do you find to be the best neck thickening work and how long does it take you to add inches to your neck?

Let's not confuse big traps for actual neck muscle gains. Yeah, I know the traps are connected to your neck, but I'm talking about straight up NECK ACTION!

Tell your boyfriend to pull your hair while you resist... 3 sets of 20 x 3 a week

if I remember right, there is a thread by BALDNAZI about growing the neck. at one point (if I remember right) BN was shooting for Kingpin proportions. thick neck and all.
-F2S

I find any trap exercise will help.

But as soon as gear came into the equation for me thats when my neck grew the most without even trying.

What do you find to be the best neck thickening work and how long does it take you to add inches to your neck?

Let's not confuse big traps for actual neck muscle gains. Yeah, I know the traps are connected to your neck, but I'm talking about straight up NECK ACTION!

There's probably not a specific thing to do to get you a thick neck.

That said, I've never met a wrestler or a powerlifter who didn't have some neck thickness to speak of.

I would start there...

Absolutely you can build a thicker neck. Football players, wrestlers and boxers don't just have genetically thick necks, they actually train their neck muscles to help avoid injury. If you've never done direct neck work before then start off without any weight and focus on gaining control of the muscles in the neck because you risk very serious injury trying to go heavy. Laying flat on your back on a bench with your head and shoulders hanging off then bringing your chin to your chest is enough of a start.

Yeah. Tyson had a whole neck routine.

YouTube has several videos on the subject. Choose one and go from there.

I have a neck harness. Never really used it though because I was afraid of developing sleep apnea..

they are hard to find now but try to get a one of those heavy canvas harness's that you wear on your head and hang a dumbbell off of. they work great and will really strengthen up your neck and add some nice thickness to your lower trap area between your shoulder blades too

Absolutely you can build a thicker neck. Football players, wrestlers and boxers don't just have genetically thick necks, they actually train their neck muscles to help avoid injury. If you've never done direct neck work before then start off without any weight and focus on gaining control of the muscles in the neck because you risk very serious injury trying to go heavy. Laying flat on your back on a bench with your head and shoulders hanging off then bringing your chin to your chest is enough of a start.

try this, anything else to me is a waste of time and opens you up to injury

all those front, back and side machines-I've just seen people get hurt from them

when I was wrestling/MMA all I did for my neck was hang my head off a bench and put a 45lbs weight on my forehead and nod my head (as stated above) this also toughes up your forehead so you can grind the opponent's head when you wrestle

when I was wrestling/MMA all I did for my neck was hang my head off a bench and put a 45lbs weight on my forehead and nod my head (as stated above) this also toughes up your forehead so you can grind the opponent's head when you wrestle

45 pounds? Sounds like a lot.

In wrestling we used to make a tripod with our toes and top of our head, looking back on it that might have been dangerous

Thick neck is like big calves. Either you got it or ya don't.

Once an older man asked me how he could get his forearms big like mine. I told him it was genetic and there are levels to this shit. I'm still wondering how I can get them as big as some of the pros. He didn't like that answer very much lol.

Careful bro, big necks seem to lead to apnea

theres a neck machine at my gym ive used for years. Istarted working my neck just for a bigger neck. Then when I got back into boxing , its a must with any kind of contact sport. It does help a lot in the ring and good for if you in an accident where neck snaps back real fast.

I stopped boxing and stopped working the neck out recently due to i dont feel i really need to right now esp while doing contest preperation. from time to time esp when you can fit it into your training its a good idea. dont go too heavy started getting pain down my spine and such, better to go lighter, you re still working it well enough

Look up F1 drivers and neck exercises, they have to do alot due to the G forces.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws