over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT - NFL Draft

Marvin Martian

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Who feels like their team did well? I am a Saints fan :eek: - they had a pretty good draft imo.

Hawks fan, and we killed it. John Schneider is a beast of a gm, the picks weren't sexy but we're right back on the blue print that took us to b2b superbowl appearances.

Hawks fan, and we killed it. John Schneider is a beast of a gm, the picks weren't sexy but we're right back on the blue print that took us to b2b superbowl appearances.

As long as they got Russell Wilson you guys will be alright.

(cowboys fan here. just dropping my 2 cents on the seahawks)

Bucs here, doesn't matter who they draft tbh, the owners don't care about the team and it shows! They don't want to spend the $$$ to have a competitive team and there is only so much the guys can do, they have to work with what they have. Obviously I'm not big fan for paying for a super bowl, work series, Stanley cup or anything, but you do have to invest in the team if you expect them to do decent.

Our O line sucks! Even with Jameis' improvements, if the O line isn't going to be good it doesn't matter who the QB is, ever! Many, what I would call "average" QB's (obviously they're not average, they're in the NFL for goodness sake!) are able to climb the echelon of QB's because their O line protects them! You can use any QB as an example, but for the sake of this post, I'll use Tom Brady. Like him or not, when he has protection, he is spot on. He was a throwaway pick, wasn't expected to do anything, but was given a great O line his whole career and we see where that got him (please save the cheating remarks for someone who cares). Drew Brees, Andrew Luck, Flacco, these guys are good QB's but are made better when they have time in the pocket. Receivers have more time to get open, they are able to "think" about what they're doing and make less mistakes when they have 3.5+ seconds in the pocket. When they have 2 seconds, they rush throws or make poor decisions. I don't know, I've kind of lost interest in football the last few years

Don't have a team I really care for, I have friends that play in the league and those are the teams I follow. NFL lacks excitement for me, would much rather watch college ball.

Broncos fan here and GLAD we grabbed Paxton Lynch. He's not a starter yet, but in 2 years or so, I have confidence he'll be a good player.

Gotsis, the DT from Georgia Tech is a good Malick Jackson replacement and Simmons is a nice safety to have. I'm also pleased with Devontae Booker, the RB from Utah. Utah was riding on his back and as soon as he went down with a knee injury, so did their season. CJ Anderson will stay around another couple years but I'm not a fan of Hillman. I think a 1-2 punch of Anderson and Booker would be awesome.

Our O line sucks! Even with Jameis' improvements, if the O line isn't going to be good it doesn't matter who the QB is, ever! Many, what I would call "average" QB's (obviously they're not average, they're in the NFL for goodness sake!) are able to climb the echelon of QB's because their O line protects them! You can use any QB as an example, but for the sake of this post, I'll use Tom Brady. Like him or not, when he has protection, he is spot on. He was a throwaway pick, wasn't expected to do anything, but was given a great O line his whole career and we see where that got him (please save the cheating remarks for someone who cares). Drew Brees, Andrew Luck, Flacco, these guys are good QB's but are made better when they have time in the pocket. Receivers have more time to get open, they are able to "think" about what they're doing and make less mistakes when they have 3.5+ seconds in the pocket. When they have 2 seconds, they rush throws or make poor decisions. I don't know, I've kind of lost interest in football the last few years

The Bucs were 5th in Sacks Allowed in the NFL...in 2014 they were 25th.
I like Jameus but if he can't make things happen, AND HE DID, with that protection...then it's not the oline man.

5th in sacks allowed shows you that you have a GOOD OLINE. Yes, the only notable player is Mankins and he's old but Hawley and Dietrich were fine starters.

browns fan, happy with the amount of picks we had but still don't think we will win 4 games this year

The Bucs were 5th in Sacks Allowed in the NFL...in 2014 they were 25th.
I like Jameus but if he can't make things happen, AND HE DID, with that protection...then it's not the oline man.

5th in sacks allowed shows you that you have a GOOD OLINE. Yes, the only notable player is Mankins and he's old but Hawley and Dietrich were fine starters.

Don't get me wrong, they made leaps and bounds last year as an O line, that's not what I'm saying. BUT, historically, their O line blows! Here's where the issue lies with the Bucs, so their O line did a great job last year, if one aspect of the "machine" is well tuned the rest is either average/mediocre or sucks!
Their offense put up pretty good numbers, but their defense left a lot to be had. I don't care what anybody says, defense wins games....look at the Bucs 2003 super bowl squad, defense was out of this world and their offense was...eh. Jameis put up good numbers for a rookie last year, I think he needs more "help" so to speak. They're not a bad team, but a little sprucing up and they could be legit, but I don't think the owners want to invest the $$$ to do it. Again, going on the history of the Bucs, their O line is lackluster, I'm hoping last year wasn't a fluke year and they return to business as usual. If they get a few playmakers on offense and defense, they could be the sleeping giant

Jarran Reed will be unmovable in the middle. And RBs can't run outside on the Hawks because of the speed on the defense... It's going to be Funtime watch that D play.

Jarran Reed will be unmovable in the middle. And RBs can't run outside on the Hawks because of the speed on the defense... It's going to be Funtime watch that D play.

Agreed, Reed is going to turn out to be the steal of the draft. Legit 1st round talent even top 10 type talent, if teams weren't worried he'd only be a 2 down player. That concern dropped him right into the hawks lap, and you could hear it with Carroll and Schneider they didn't think they'd have a shot at him but couldn't be happier. His pick up makes everybody on that line better. This rotation is similar to what the hawks had when we won the superbowl, big red and bane shutting down the run but also getting pressure up the gut so the ends didn't have to slow down and help contain runs inside. They could really get after qbs, as I said we're back to that blue print ...on oline as well, some physical maulers brought in, we missed the likes of Giacomini. Win some trench wars again get some physical swagger back.

Agreed, Reed is going to turn out to be the steal of the draft. Legit 1st round talent even top 10 type talent, if teams weren't worried he'd only be a 2 down player. That concern dropped him right into the hawks lap, and you could hear it with Carroll and Schneider they didn't think they'd have a shot at him but couldn't be happier. His pick up makes everybody on that line better. This rotation is similar to what the hawks had when we won the superbowl, big red and bane shutting down the run but also getting pressure up the gut so the ends didn't have to slow down and help contain runs inside. They could really get after qbs, as I said we're back to that blue print ...on oline as well, some physical maulers brought in, we missed the likes of Giacomini. Win some trench wars again get some physical swagger back.

I'm going to say this middle of the D-line is going to be insane against the run. Rubin's specialty is also stopping the run and he's hard to move. The only thing that worries me a little is not generating pressure up the middle on passing plays on 1st and 2nd down. On the other side of the trenches, if Ifedi can get down some technique (Cable should be able to ram that into his skull), and Odhiambo stays healthy, this line could actually be okay. I know that's a lot to ask with 2 rooks on it, but one is a physical specimen and the other is a great technician, so I can see it happen.

I'm going to say this middle of the D-line is going to be insane against the run. Rubin's specialty is also stopping the run and he's hard to move. The only thing that worries me a little is not generating pressure up the middle on passing plays on 1st and 2nd down. On the other side of the trenches, if Ifedi can get down some technique (Cable should be able to ram that into his skull), and Odhiambo stays healthy, this line could actually be okay. I know that's a lot to ask with 2 rooks on it, but one is a physical specimen and the other is a great technician, so I can see it happen.

I'm not worried about pressure up the middle, with Reed it's not that he can't get pressure it's that he was never asked to so we don't know how good he can be at it yet. Bama is loaded with 5 star recruits across the line so they're rotation was so deep on passing downs he wasn't always on the field, they were happy with him just being the wall on run plays and when he was on for pass plays he was primarily asked to just eat up linemen so other guys could get free. A'shawn Robinson as well, both of those guys are just beasts but both sack numbers are low for such dominant tackles, I think it's a lot more scheme than ability. I think with a little coaching and work with guys like Bennett and Avril on getting a quicker first step he'll be a nasty piece of business up the center.

I agree on the oline, I am really curious to see what the undersized center can bring. He's a long shot but the front office worked him out and said they needed to have him. If he were a couple inches taller he'd probably have been a 2 to 3rd pick. This lines got potential on paper, but they're raw so Cable is gonna have to do his best coaching job yet.

Don't have a team I really care for, I have friends that play in the league and those are the teams I follow. NFL lacks excitement for me, would much rather watch college ball.

I love college ball my man! I love all sports that I played (US big 3)
LSU has a BEAST RB - he was steamrolling first of last year but Fournette is going to be sick this year. That kid has insane gifts. I hesitate to call him Bo II - but I have heard some solid football minds make the comparison. The kid is powerful.

Last edited:
Raiderzzzz we potentially filled some holes. Our defense is gettin pretty srs.

Bears had a really solid draft.

Floyd will rotate in for about 50% of the snaps like Aldon Smith did, and is similar athletically, just not near as strong.

Whitehair will start at LG, played great in college at LT and will have a TON of promise on the inside.

Bullard was a steal in the 3rd and will start at the 5T.

Kwiatkoski will be the number 3 ILB but will take over for Freeman when he starts to lose a step and is a HUGE upgrade over McClellin/Jones.

Bush should be the day one starter at SS, and would pair with Amos for a damn athletic and young duo.

Hall will eventually take over for Porter, and with Porter's usual penchant for injury or inconsistent play that may be sooner rather than later.

Howard will beat out Carey for the number 2 RB position early IMO, he would have been an earlier pick if he could have stayed healthy.

Houston-Carson was a CB/S and might rotate in some, but he is a major boost to an anemic special teams unit. Blocked 9 kicks in college, unreal.

Braverman can develop into a slot guy and punt returner. I'm in favor of anything that gets Marinari away from returning punts, and who knows if Royal will be healthy?

Not a Super Bowl contender or a team that has a major shot at a deep playoff push yet, but I absolutely love what Pace and Fox are doing compared to the Emery/Trestman circus and most of the Angelo/Lovie saga. They are getting a lot of guys who are clean and tough prospects, often were captains, and put the team first. Most of these guys are versatile, and can play more than one role on the team too.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member