advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What and When caused you to get into bodybuilding lifestyle?

Fit2Serve

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
For me, it was watching Arnold movies in the theatre with my dad when I was a young man. That was the late 80's early 90's I believe... I knew then I wanted to look like that. I bought "The Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding" by Arnold and read it cover to cover and tried to emulate his routine at age of 13 or 14 in the garage with weight set my dad bought me. I was over trained in like 6 days lol.... I focused on soccer and football thru middle school then highschool. I worked out often with those weights but didn't "bodybuild"

Then, after college I moved to Hollywood to work in film. I eventually came across The Koloseum Gym owned by Milos Sarcev at the time. I met so many pros and quickly became enlightened and then I was HOOKED.

Now here I am older, injured and wiser....
-F2S

Last edited:
Got beat up a lot growing up had no idea about nutrition and just figured i had bad genetics. I was the shortest skinniest kid, wore a back brace. Slept like shit and was always weak and tired. i Always fantasized about being big and fighting back when bullies picked on me. My calories and protien were always low. I practically lived on sugar and starch until i was 20 or so. Hated milk and most meat. Always wanted to be big and strong ever since i was little seeing arnold, stallone, and comic characters. Finally took it seriously and did my hw when i was 25. Im 32 now, Been going to the gym 20-30 days a month since then eating 200-300+ grams of protien a day since then. Unfortunately no one picks a fight with me anymore. Maybe ill go to a high school reunion one day and beat an old bully in an alley after or something. Hehe doubt i would but fun to fantasize. I guess in the longrun it was all for the best.

Last edited:
Got into it because I was obsessed with impressing everyone else. Stayed in it because I truly enjoyed it.

I was in 7th grade; they lined up our entire class (300 kids) by height, and weight. I was the smallest kid (height, and weight ratio) in the entire class of 300 kids (GIRLS INCLUDED).

Never got picked first for any team, wasn't even a good long distance runner. I was literally captain america before the super soldier serum. Started lifting in high school, but took it more seriously towards the end of it. Rest is history.

I was in 7th grade; they lined up our entire class (300 kids) by height, and weight. I was the smallest kid (height, and weight ratio) in the entire class of 300 kids (GIRLS INCLUDED).

Never got picked first for any team, wasn't even a good long distance runner. I was literally captain america before the super soldier serum. Started lifting in high school, but took it more seriously towards the end of it. Rest is history.

I remember that lineup haha. I think it was for 8th grade graduating glass picture. But ya it sucked. Maybe 2 or 3 guys were infront of me.

Growing up watching Action Movie Stars Like Sly,Arnold,VanDame kicks some bad guy ass.

Sent from Men's Correctional Facility.

I always thought Arnold was badass, but mostly got addicted to lifting for football and basketball. Once I saw I was growing it clicked that I didn't have to be a string bean, even without the best genetics I was still able to get a hell of a lot bigger than most. Can't play competitively anymore but the logbook gives me plenty of competition for now.

WWF wrestling started it for me. At least the lifting part. Then Arnold made me make the transition :)

Summer 2008 , I was 14 and overweight. The girl I liked at the time was into abs, so I was like "Once I get a six pack , she´ll be mine". Long story short, I got in shape, and she ended up sleeping with my cousin. Got depressed, lifting was the only thing that would make me feel good. I stopped doing the usual things a teenager would do (going out, watching tv, playing video games etc.) and focused on working out and getting in the best shape possible. Got hooked and I haven´t taken time off ever since and I don´t plan to. Love this sh*t.

1. Needed something after sports was finished...to fulfill the fire so to speak.

2. Grew up in a tough neighborhood so i needed to get bigger and stronger.

3. Like Little Slice says...wanted more Chicas :D

Forgot to mention reading Muscle and fitness Mags and watching Pumping Iron helped as well.

Played sports thru high school and middle school. After high school got in with the wrong crowd and did alot.of things I shouldn't have.
My dumb actions partying and drug use led to alot of bad choices. Long story short got sent away for a while. Anyone who had ever done a few stints in the pen knows lifting and reading is about all you can do (when u have a ton of time on your hands) needless to say started to like the changes I was seeing. After getting out had to still jump thru the hoops of the legal system. Halfway houses and all that. We weren't allowed home passes that much but we're able to get a rec pass daily so I used that to continue going to the gym. For some reason it made me sane. Lifting and going to the gym was MY THERAPY. Completed all of my debts to society and eventually was released and able to go home and the working out part just stuck with me. Now if I go a few days and don't hit the gym I FEEL like I'm doing something wrong. For a young kid mid 20's at the time who had to retool his whole life. People places and things. It really helped me. When I had gotten back home and all the people who I thought were my friends were still using partying, in and out of jail, and basically going nowhere. I cut everyone out of y life except family and the gym. Going on 9 years clean I have developed a whole new group of friends and built many healthy relationships. And I can honestly say if I didn't have the gym when I got out who knows what would have happened. And it was thru going to the gym and leading a healthy lifestyle that has brought many new relationships I to my life and I am grateful for that.

-bx

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Dated a girl for 2.5 years in university, had a messy breakup, took it REALLY hard, got depressed, drank a lot, etc... I also realized that being in a comfortable relationship made me let myself go a bit, I wasn't obese or anything, but at 5'11 I weighed about 185lbs with no muscle to speak of. So I had a very soft jelly-like look to me. Started working out with a friend of mine just to get my mind off things and get in better shape. We did everything wrong, we ran on the treadmill for an hour a day 6 days a week, after that we would do weights for about half an hour and leave. I went from 185lbs to 165lbs in about 4 months and looked EXACTLY the same. I was baffled lol. Then one day I was walking through a grocery store and noticed a Muscular Development mag with Jay Cutler on the cover (his 2009 Mr. O ab and thigh shot) and thought to myself "that's exactly what I wanna look like!" I bought the mag, read it beginning to end. Started researching Cutler and his training/diet philosophies. Started eating endless amounts of carbs (because he said in a video he would eat upwards of 1000g carbs a day), ate a ton of takeout chicken and rice, kids cereal, etc... Got fat again, but at least had some muscle to go along with the fat.
Eventually I learned what diets work for me, and now I'm still on my journey :)

I don't think there is any one reason. I guess just the simple fact I love lifting weights. I love the gym. I can't remember any particular reason why I started going to the gym. I guess I loved the Arnie films and WWE (WWF) when I was a kid so those must have been a massive influence.

A Bowflex commercial. Not kidding either. Even bought one. Didn't take me TOO long to figure out that the dude in the commercial got that way with iron, not the Bowflex.

But, at least it got me going.

Need something to do after college ball. Tried running (fuck that), tried Iron man... Nope. Finally stopped the football workouts and started to sculpt my body to what I thought looked good and kept going from there. I really enjoy it, enough so that I gave up a great career because it wasn't conducive to lifting.

8th 9thish grade. Have always been a fat ass with body image issue's.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear