over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lower back issues and how to alleviate them

palifter21

Registered
For as long as I can remember, I have always struggled with lower back problems. It's restricted me from free bar squatting, smith squatting, deadlifting, doing hyper extensions etc. Its also aggrevated by car rides just sitting in the seat. It's a pumped, tight feeling. Sometimes glutes will become slightly numb if I don't readjust. I recently got an X-ray and everything came back fine. I'm now in the process of getting an MRI approved. I've also seen a chiropractor, that was useless and added no benefit.

At only 23 years old, this concerns me and is very frustrating. Looking for any and all suggestions or tips from those that have the same issue or have fixed the problem.

I get this when I'm holding too much water, gaining water weight too quickly, estrogen is elevated, etc.
I know it's very important to balance out your core by equally working your abs and lower back. I use a hyperextensuin machine and shoot for high reps of 100 at moderate weight. I do the same with machine ab crunches at 100-200 reps moderate weight. I goo circa good pump without straining; smooth and controlled reps.
Women say their lower back kills during PMS. I think too much estrogen conversion from test can cause this issue. Off season is the time it's unbearable when you gain bulk water weight. When you getting ready for a show and drop the initial 20Lbs of water it seems to alleviate the pain.

I'm assuming no orals like Dbol or Anadrol, or Gh that can contribute to lower back pumps?
I've had some lower back issues over the years here and there from tweaking my lower back, but nothing chronic. So I can only give advice based on that and training. Seated rows for back thickness. Sissy squats and lunges(dumbells in the hands) for legs. I've probably messed up my back more times on the leg press than from back squats.
Sorry for your problem. Avoid anything that hurts when it comes to joints/lower back.

I have the same problem and it's due to a couple slipped disks that I got a few years ago. Could barely tie my shoes for months and then the pain went away. Every once in a while when I do legs it comes back with a vengeance though and all I can do is pop a few Ibuprofens.

I get this when I'm holding too much water, gaining water weight too quickly, estrogen is elevated, etc.
I know it's very important to balance out your core by equally working your abs and lower back. I use a hyperextensuin machine and shoot for high reps of 100 at moderate weight. I do the same with machine ab crunches at 100-200 reps moderate weight. I goo circa good pump without straining; smooth and controlled reps.
Women say their lower back kills during PMS. I think too much estrogen conversion from test can cause this issue. Off season is the time it's unbearable when you gain bulk water weight. When you getting ready for a show and drop the initial 20Lbs of water it seems to alleviate the pain.

Currently rebounding from a show so that's probably not helping. My core is very weak...I don't train it. Always get very painful abdominal cramps/spasms. Looks like something from the Alien movies. I always think my inside are going to pop out. I just can't win haha :/

I'm assuming no orals like Dbol or Anadrol, or Gh that can contribute to lower back pumps?
I've had some lower back issues over the years here and there from tweaking my lower back, but nothing chronic. So I can only give advice based on that and training. Seated rows for back thickness. Sissy squats and lunges(dumbells in the hands) for legs. I've probably messed up my back more times on the leg press than from back squats.
Sorry for your problem. Avoid anything that hurts when it comes to joints/lower back.

No Orals. Test e and EQ. I did just start TP's black tops @6iu. Never ran HGh before.

Hey brother I feel your pain. 22 years old here. Rapid weight gain will aggravate it big time. Overall I'm a very VERY tight individual, especially in my hips and my hamstrings. I just got back from
The chiropractor yesterday and they said if I continue lifting as heavy as I do I'm going to tear something very soon due to how tight I am. Most people should
Be able to bend over and touch their toes with their knees locked, well I can't even touch my knees. I'm stretching a couple times a day now with emphasis on my ham strings. Some "light" yoga in the morning too before work. I say "light" because I'm drenched in sweat after about five minutes. Hope you find the answer to your problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

car rides.....

seated position too long...???

sciatica.

that's what mine is....i cant sit for more than 45mins.
or its hard for me to get up....so i stay on my feet all day.:eek:

until i hit the recliner, then its lights out.

nothing you can really do, if this is whats bothering you.

you get ball/nut sack pain too sometimes??? (no homo)

:cool:

Currently rebounding from a show so that's probably not helping. My core is very weak...I don't train it. Always get very painful abdominal cramps/spasms. Looks like something from the Alien movies. I always think my inside are going to pop out. I just can't win haha :/

No Orals. Test e and EQ. I did just start TP's black tops @6iu. Never ran HGh before.

Those abdominal cramps are beyond painful!!!
They go away if you train abs EOD for a few weeks. It takes a few weeks though.
Contest rebound always kills my lower back.
I would wear a nice neoprene belt securely all the time to help reduce the pain.
I bought my mom one and she says it's a miracle belt for her back pain.

How do you like the TP blacks?
I really want to get some and run 6ius preworkout.

car rides.....

seated position too long...???

sciatica.

that's what mine is....i cant sit for more than 45mins.
or its hard for me to get up....so i stay on my feet all day.:eek:

until i hit the recliner, then its lights out.

nothing you can really do, if this is whats bothering you.

you get ball/nut sack pain too sometimes??? (no homo)

Sciatica is one thing that keeps popping up matching my symptoms. I do actually get pain down there periodically, yes.
Those abdominal cramps are beyond painful!!!
They go away if you train abs EOD for a few weeks. It takes a few weeks though.
Contest rebound always kills my lower back.
I would wear a nice neoprene belt securely all the time to help reduce the pain.
I bought my mom one and she says it's a miracle belt for her back pain.

The thought of training them is scary beyond belief. I do not need 100 people staring at me as I roll around on the ground in pain haha. Will look into the belt.
do you stretch at all? Foam roll your legs?

Yes to both. I stretch a few times a day and foam roll. Focus is hamstrings and quads.
How do you like the TP blacks?
I really want to get some and run 6ius preworkout.

They're awesome! My only complaint is how tired they're making me. Tried 3iu am and 3iu pm. Then tried all 6iu pm. Same issue...zombie mode. Why pre workout?

I think everyone has covered most things. You definitely need to start stretching your back out every day. You also need to start training your abs and lower back but with only a select few exercises that work for you. It's hard to advise you without being next to you and seeing how you are during certain movements. The drugs can make things 10x worst and that has been highlighted. The HGH may not be helping due to the added water retention. Moreover you are rebounding so that will only add to things too. Definitely invest in a good foam/rumble roller and start using it on your lower/middle/upper back, glutes and legs.

You replied with new info before I had wrote out my post. Definitely try stretching your back out everyday. A good physio could do you the world of good but they are hard to come by and very expensive.

Hip flexor tightness can cause low back issues too. I stretch them religiously as well as inversion before and after every workout. It really helps.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I have two herniated discs and that often lead to a bad case of sciatica. It use to be very debilitating. Pain medication was my only relief and well that became an issue all on its own. I still have my bad days but nothing like I use to have. I can pretty much do any exercise with the exception of deadlifts. What helped me the most was not only stretching but a strong core as well. The two together changed my life. I'm not just talking about stretching legs either. Full body stretching. Yoga was a big help as well. Foam rolling, stretching and core work is a part of my daily life now and for the most part it has helped significantly. I do still have my bad days but I get through it. It didn't happen overnight either. It took time. Also look into ways to decrease inflammation. Once that nerve gets inflamed it's easily aggravated. Diet plays a huge roll in that as well. Hope you find some relief. I know how bad it can get. Also not sure how your posture is but mine was pretty poor for a while. Once I corrected that it also helped. It did feel a little unnatural for a while but it's easy to get in that habit of slumping when you are in pain.

sometimes its counterintuitive to think that the sore muscle is actually the weak one or the one causing the problem. Its often weakness elsewhere that the muscle is working to mask and thus getting over worked itself causing the pain. I have the very same pain you mention and tried many a different avenues to fix. I eventually stumbled on my massage guy and my issue is tight hip flexors around the front. Especially my left one which he compares to steel rope!! We use active release techniques to free it up and stretch it out and the pain is gone from my back. The 1st time actually took two of them to apply enough pressure!!! If I don't see him often enough the pain comes back and I get to a point where even walking is painful as the flexors are so tight it pulls my pelvis round and my back has to accommodate this shit and that's where I get my pain/soreness. Worth trying for a 1hr session buddy

Thanks for the replies so far guys. Hitting the nail on the head.

I'll continue to follow my daily stretching protocol. TRY to work on core. I think easing into it will be key. I'd also like to look into an inversion table as someone mentioned above.

Will be interesting to see what the MRI reveals...or doesn't.

Try some piriformis stretches! Will probably help your symptoms a ton!

Google Stuart McGill's Big 3 Core Exercises. I only do 2 of the 3 and they've helped me immensely!!! Be warned: they're goofy enough to where you won't want to do these in public:eek:

during squat sessions, do you feel
intense pressure on your hips...????

i mean like they are gonna burst out...???

hip flexor...which could cause sciatica problems.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner