over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pinched Nerve,Muscle Atrophy

Ashop

FOUNDING Member / Verified Sponsor
Registered
Sponsors
Shrunken pec, shoulder, tricep, no feeling in two fingers, strength on the left side has diminished significantly. Anyone every experience this with a pinched nerve or herniated disc? Possible injury in C5,C6,C7

YES

Near exact the same as my symptoms....

I lost ALOT of strength in right pec, right delt and right tricep. Went to doc and I had a pinched nerve in my shoulder. changed the way I slept and did some rehab and got 90-95% strength back.

What is frustrating is I am right handed so that was my stronger more dominant side, after that pinched nerve right side is now my weak side:mad:

was freaking rough to learn side chest and side tri on opposite side of body. like golfing left handed.... lol
-F2S

Yes, from an L5/S1 disc. Same thing happened to my calf. At one point I couldn't even get up on my toes.

Yes, don't know what I did, but am going in for a MRI next month.
My left calf has atrophied to about half the size of my right one. My left shoulder, pec and bicep have also shrunk. I have chronic lower back pain and occasional neck issues, so my Chiro said def some issues I need to get checked out.

If you are loosing strength that is very serious. Go to a doc very soon and get a neck MRI. Steroids like prednisone can reduce inflammation and can help resolve the issue followed with physical therapy. But once you loose strength it doesn't always come back. The sooner you are treated the more likely you will have a 100% recovery. But if the weakness progresses sometimes surgery is needed to free up the nerves.

Keep us posted.

Shrunken pec, shoulder, tricep, no feeling in two fingers, strength on the left side has diminished significantly. Anyone every experience this with a pinched nerve or herniated disc? Possible injury in C5,C6,C7

When theres an impingement at those cervical vertebrae, the nerve typically impinged is the brachial plexus. This would definitely cause a tingling and/or numbness in 2 fingers, as this is where thoe motor skills come from. Another area of potential impingement of the BP is beneath clavicle and 1st rib, and pec minor.
The loss of strength is usually because the signals arent travelling down the arm, a mis-firing. Deep tissue work, stretching, and quality sports chiropractic can easily remedy the situation, and rule out other possibilities. The muscles will rebound quickly once the neurolgical aspect is corrected, and self care, also inclusive of stretching, is a must for anyone who puts their body through regular training and wear and tear.
Keep us posted!

Mine was probably at the verge of needing surgery. I would def leave the surgery as a last resort. It will take MONTHS to heal though. Took me about 4 for full recovery.

i had a torn rhomboid muscle on my right side, it inflamed around a nerve. i stretched my arm out and felt a pop, my pec spasmed, pain shot down to my ring and pinky fingers, and boom. basically paralyzed my push muscles, pec and tris. i couldnt even push myself over in bed, nothing. it was scary.
went to a chiropractor, who of course just made it worse. ended up seeing another doc b4 i went to rehab. those women got me back healthy again but it took a long time.
to this day my strength is less than on my left side.

Had my c5 disc replaced about two or three years ago.. Recovery was actually easy.. Out of the gym for 6 weeks.. But a replacement is better than a fusion if the problem allows.. My spinal cord was being pinched off as the disc collapsed inward.. Started to loose strength in my left arm and shoulder.. One day the fatigue in the left side was so bad I could hardly love my arms or trap.. Had an immediate mri.. It showed how bad it was.. Surgery and back at it.. If you do a replacement disc ever make sure you surgeon has done them before.,

Mine was probably at the verge of needing surgery. I would def leave the surgery as a last resort. It will take MONTHS to heal though. Took me about 4 for full recovery.

What did you do for recovery? I am dealing with a very similar issue with my left calf at the moment.

Pinched nerve in my neck almost a year ago. Pain ran across my shoulder, down my tricep and numbness in my fingers. Worst annoying pain I ever felt. Couldn't sleep for months without muscle relaxers. A good chiropractor fixed me up. But the strength in my right arm didn't return for 8 months. It's still not 100%. Good luck.

If you are loosing strength that is very serious. Go to a doc very soon and get a neck MRI. Steroids like prednisone can reduce inflammation and can help resolve the issue followed with physical therapy. But once you loose strength it doesn't always come back. The sooner you are treated the more likely you will have a 100% recovery. But if the weakness progresses sometimes surgery is needed to free up the nerves.

Keep us posted.

Agreed.

If you are already having fatty atrophy theres a good chance it wont come back. You need to take care of it asap.

Got the same thing. Weakness in my left tricep and numbness down into two fingers. Pain in left scapula area. Atrophy of left tricep and lat. Doc says c6-c7 nerve impingement. Been almost 7 months now. Getting the size back but strength still sucks. Went from benching 3 plates to 1 plate. Even the shape of my tricep has changed as not the entire muscle is firing yet so only parts of it get stimulated.

Massage has really helped. Chiro not so much or physio. Hurry up and wait approach I guess. Waiting on MRI

Pinched nerve in my neck almost a year ago. Pain ran across my shoulder, down my tricep and numbness in my fingers. Worst annoying pain I ever felt. Couldn't sleep for months without muscle relaxers. A good chiropractor fixed me up. But the strength in my right arm didn't return for 8 months. It's still not 100%. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What did you do for recovery? I am dealing with a very similar issue with my left calf at the moment.

I did go to a chiro for a bit, but looking back at it now, I'm not sure if he really helped all that much!
I think what really helped was taking off about 3 weeks or so. I mean zero weights or any straining activity. I slowly started lifting again, easing into it. At first just a couple times a week. Very light weight.
Did that for like another month before starting to lift moderately. Did absolutely zero squats or deadlifts. Patience is critical. One slip and you'll be back to square one.
So in summary, big time resting did the trick. :)

Last edited:
i had a torn rhomboid muscle on my right side, it inflamed around a nerve. i stretched my arm out and felt a pop, my pec spasmed, pain shot down to my ring and pinky fingers, and boom. basically paralyzed my push muscles, pec and tris. i couldnt even push myself over in bed, nothing. it was scary.
went to a chiropractor, who of course just made it worse. ended up seeing another doc b4 i went to rehab. those women got me back healthy again but it took a long time.

Brutus, how did you tear your rhomboid?

This is possibly the worst injury I have had with no idea on how it even happened. Woke up on day with severe pain in my clavicle and everything else followed shortly there after. MRI's are scheduled so hopefully I get some solid answers.

This is one of the worst things that happened to me also.....and I believe it happened from a lesser extent (heavy behind the neck presses)...where my head would lean forward while pressing heavy weight....and from a gigantic extent....sleeping....and using regular pillows....the use of regular pillows put me on a path where my head would tilt forward during deep sleep and I started losing the natural curvature of my neck. It came on fast and strong just like yours ashop....and one day i was fine and the next day i could not even pick up a large frying pan or a small chair with my right arm.
I got the xrays and MRI showing what was happening and I got proactive on it right away.....in the meantime that i spent fixing it my lower triceps atrophied a little bit and my right forearm atrophied a little bit....but what i did and still presently do virtually daily has brought everything back to about 90%.......

a) got serious chiropractic treatment
b) got a pillow that is hollowed out in the middle of it so the natural curve of my neck would go back into place when i was in deep sleep as head goes into the hollowed out hole and is not tilted forward<----this by far is one of the most important things I did...
c) got a traction device that i use regularly to decompress my C-disks. I really dont want to talk about this because it wont go over well with some of the chiro/spinal guys in this forum....because i dont use the standard water bag over the doorway system...i hooked this up to a chinning bar and manipulate things (im not going into detail...but i have this dialed in for myself now and its virtually instant relief anytime i have to do it)
d) i do broomstick dislocates almost every day while pushing my head neck backwards and this always seems to align everything perfectly for me.

Again the pillow has been a lifesaver..... **broken link removed**

^^^^This exact thing happened to me 20 years ago. I tore my Rhomoid on the left side. Total loss of push power on my left side. I could not even bench press using an empty bar. To this day my front delt, tricepts and forearm muscles are smaller, and weaker, than my right side.

^^^^This exact thing happened to me 20 years ago. I tore my Rhomoid on the left side. Total loss of push power on my left side. I could not even bench press using an empty bar. To this day my front delt, tricepts and forearm muscles are smaller, and weaker, than my right side.

How did you tear it?

This is one of the worst things that happened to me also.....and I believe it happened from a lesser extent (heavy behind the neck presses)...where my head would lean forward while pressing heavy weight....and from a gigantic extent....sleeping....and using regular pillows....the use of regular pillows put me on a path where my head would tilt forward during deep sleep and I started losing the natural curvature of my neck. It came on fast and strong just like yours ashop....and one day i was fine and the next day i could not even pick up a large frying pan or a small chair with my right arm.
I got the xrays and MRI showing what was happening and I got proactive on it right away.....in the meantime that i spent fixing it my lower triceps atrophied a little bit and my right forearm atrophied a little bit....but what i did and still presently do virtually daily has brought everything back to about 90%.......

a) got serious chiropractic treatment
b) got a pillow that is hollowed out in the middle of it so the natural curve of my neck would go back into place when i was in deep sleep as head goes into the hollowed out hole and is not tilted forward<----this by far is one of the most important things I did...
c) got a traction device that i use regularly to decompress my C-disks. I really dont want to talk about this because it wont go over well with some of the chiro/spinal guys in this forum....because i dont use the standard water bag over the doorway system...i hooked this up to a chinning bar and manipulate things (im not going into detail...but i have this dialed in for myself now and its virtually instant relief anytime i have to do it)
d) i do broomstick dislocates almost every day while pushing my head neck backwards and this always seems to align everything perfectly for me.

Again the pillow has been a lifesaver..... **broken link removed**

The tips are truly appreciated. Ordering the pillow now. Can you elaborate a little on what your x-ray/MRI's showed?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131