advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone had to abandon hit training because of continued injuries?

Love_to_Bodybuild

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Every time I go to failure or beyond and get a spotter to help me , esp on something like chest I end of re injuring my shoulder. Since I started training DC in 2007 Ive had two major elbow injuries, two shoulder ones, the elbows persisted for years

I am certain for my body , as I have smaller wrists and tendons, going to true hit training on arms is an absolute no no, due to injuries happen easier on the smaller delicate tendons, and for shoulders not going to failure.

Things like back and legs can take the punishment

you have sleeves and wraps?

true necessity for elbows, wrists, etc. IMO

It's not the failure, IMHO, it's the amount of weight. Up the rep range that you hit failure at. The injuries that I have incurred came in the middle of the set.

I think the reason you dont see more pros train HIT is because of the increased risk of injury. The two pros most known for HIT dorian and ronnie suffered terrible injuries in the weight room during there pro career.

Maybe try a volume approach and see if things improve

you have sleeves and wraps?

true necessity for elbows, wrists, etc. IMO

yup inzer for 14 years wrist wraps , elbow wraps, sling shot, they work well

It's not the failure, IMHO, it's the amount of weight. Up the rep range that you hit failure at. The injuries that I have incurred came in the middle of the set.

this one happened on my last rep rep eleven, spotter didnt know how to spot correctly and my fault for not telling him that i wanted to do forced negatives after i fail on my own, where he helps lift he bar on positive and lets me get a negative , a technique i picked up from Dorain Yates

not saying your wrong, mine always seemed to happen on the last rep when its too much strain on the positive , and the negative is stronger than positive nd positive always fails first.... and thats what a good spotter is for. most people dont know the art of spotting and it is an art to it

I think the reason you dont see more pros train HIT is because of the increased risk of injury. The two pros most known for HIT dorian and ronnie suffered terrible injuries in the weight room during there pro career.

Maybe try a volume approach and see if things improve

agreed it worked for Dorian and Ronnie for there Olympia titles but they got quite bad injuries to show for it, not worth the extra muscle bc when injury youll lose the muscle anyways.

Last edited:
I tried years ago and elbows hurt to this day.

You guys sure Ronnie did HIT? From his videos it's just always pyramiding until it gets super heavy and do as many reps as you can on your last set.

HIT style of training is great to build the initial mass; but just like every training method, there is a point of diminishing returns. Once you've sort of maxed out your strength (which a lot of people haven't, but for arguments sake), it's not a good idea to continually push your body through progressive overload.

That's why Dorian got injured; he always focused on the logbook, even during contest prep. And most of his injuries came during contest prep where you're depleted.

Ronnie just trained normally, but with retarded amounts of weight.

HIT training - gains or no gains - whatever - the upshot is YOU WILL PAY for it. I paid for it. nearly everyone will pay for it. i have said it before & i learned it the hard way. You can transform your mind into steel & conquer toughest of workouts , withstand lactic acid hurricanes BUT your tendon, ligaments, cartilage connective tissues are NOT made up of steel. sad but its the reality.

If you want to be lifting & looking good to the ripe old age of The black panther forgot HIT. There is more then one way of doing this. if you have to wrap every joint biomechanically involved in shorting & lengthening of a muscle in your 30s 40s or else you cant get the job done imagine what will happen when u in your 50s & 60s ? You will be screwed. you will be doing some concentration curls with a tiny dumbbell in a corner in your gym & telling kids stories about your heroic brutal workouts in your hayday. foget HIT its a catastroFUCK waiting to happen. get smart & change game plan. all the best to you

Last edited:
Every time I go to failure or beyond and get a spotter to help me , esp on something like chest I end of re injuring my shoulder. Since I started training DC in 2007 Ive had two major elbow injuries, two shoulder ones, the elbows persisted for years

I am certain for my body , as I have smaller wrists and tendons, going to true hit training on arms is an absolute no no, due to injuries happen easier on the smaller delicate tendons, and for shoulders not going to failure.

Things like back and legs can take the punishment

I dont understand. Can someone tell me the difference between going to failure at 16 reps with HIT and going to failure with 16 reps with volume training? I dont get it. Anyone ever heard of anyone getting hurt doing a set of 20 reps? Doesnt happen often. Anyone past the point of 32-34 years of age should be raising their rep ranges and failure points to 12 (and more likely 14-16) reps at the very minimum on straight sets and 16 (and more likely 20-25 reps minimum on rest pause sets.

I dont get it.

What is the difference in

an incline bench press where someone counts the warmups and its

135x16
185x12
225x10
275x16 failure
volume guy says thats 4 sets

and a HIT guy who does an incline bench press where he doesnt count the warmups and its

135x16
185x12
225x10
275x16 failure
HIT guy says thats 1 set

What is the difference?

I think a trainers responsiblity is he must train in the rep range that is safest for him....if he doesnt then he should get a mirror and blame the guy in the mirror

I would never do HIT training as its defined by the HIT guys because its an injury waiting to happen....I would also never do volume training for the sake of volume...because 1/2 of it is useless fluff....and with either one used I sure as heck wouldnt be doing lower rep max weight training if i was in my 30's......

Want to beat the logbook....I dont know how you would get injured on a 16 rep straight set beating the logbook and i dont know how you would get injured on a 25 rep rest pause set......but i dont know exactly what you are doing

Last edited:
I always do a three second negative.. Very slow and controlled.. I try to fail between 12 and 20.. It's aboutbthe intensity... If you progress at 16 reps ( as Dante said) then all is good.. Failure is failure.. 6 reps.. 13 reps .. Doesn't matter.. There have been numerous studies now that show failure at 20 reps and failure at 8 reps is the same in regards to protein synthesis ect.. When I see master competitors put videos out doing a 5 reps set ect I cringe.. It's gonna happen brutha and healing at 45 is a long road., :eek:

I always do a three second negative.. Very slow and controlled.. I try to fail between 12 and 20.. It's aboutbthe intensity... If you progress at 16 reps ( as Dante said) then all is good.. Failure is failure.. 6 reps.. 13 reps .. Doesn't matter.. There have been numerous studies now that show failure at 20 reps and failure at 8 reps is the same in regards to protein synthesis ect.. When I see master competitors put videos out doing a 5 reps set ect I cringe.. It's gonna happen brutha and healing at 45 is a long road., :eek:

Couldnt agree more

I dont understand. Can someone tell me the difference between going to failure at 16 reps with HIT and going to failure with 16 reps with volume training? I dont get it. Anyone ever heard of anyone getting hurt doing a set of 20 reps? Doesnt happen often. Anyone past the point of 32-34 years of age should be raising their rep ranges and failure points to 12 (and more likely 14-16) reps at the very minimum on straight sets and 16 (and more likely 20-25 reps minimum on rest pause sets.

I dont get it.

What is the difference in

an incline bench press where someone counts the warmups and its

135x16
185x12
225x10
275x16 failure
volume guy says thats 4 sets

and a HIT guy who does an incline bench press where he doesnt count the warmups and its

135x16
185x12
225x10
275x16 failure
HIT guy says thats 1 set

What is the difference?

I think a trainers responsiblity is he must train in the rep range that is safest for him....if he doesnt then he should get a mirror and blame the guy in the mirror

I would never do HIT training as its defined by the HIT guys because its an injury waiting to happen....I would also never do volume training for the sake of volume...because 1/2 of it is useless fluff....and with either one used I sure as heck wouldnt be doing lower rep max weight training if i was in my 30's......

Want to beat the logbook....I dont know how you would get injured on a 16 rep straight set beating the logbook and i dont know how you would get injured on a 25 rep rest pause set......but i dont know exactly what you are doing

good point as always.

something i learned to be true hit training is when someone has a gun to you and your families head and if you dont get another rep youll get shot, that is he mindset im talking about i have trained at, never again started getting injuries in mid twenties and now mid thirties

no gun to my head hit training anymore tear a tendon type training, thats what i was doing and on certain exercises esp ones ive had injuries with, its best to hold back and not do any forced negatives

If most folks

Would pay deeper attention to tendon/ligament/connectivity health during their lifting life many here would have no injury issues. Never did see the point of having tons of muscles u cant properly use to the maximum lifts cause of torn or wrecked joints and so on.. pro

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131