over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I have low t but no symptoms??

Dackler

Newbies
This is my first thread... Just like to hear some thoughts.

I'm 27
6 ft 5 in
248 lbs (this morning)

My lifts go up consistently every week. If I don't hit a weight record I set a reps record.

My libido is extremely high. (Wife complains because I'm horny all the time lol)

My waist size is consistently going down each week.

I got my testosterone checked twice in the past month.

The first results were pleasing (they were the highest I've ever had in years)...
497 ng/dl total and 89 pg/ml free

I got them retested while taking some dhea metabolites (took them for 5 days then stopped due to reduction in testosterone on blood test) (1ad,4ad,epiandro)
361 ng/dl total

I got the second test done at an ageless male clinic. I have a feeling that they lie about scores to get people to become patients.

Approx 11 years ago (age 31) I did my labs and my results were lower than yours. If I remember, my free test was around 65-70 and total was under 300. I was strong, lean, high libido, etc- no real "typical" Low-T symptoms.

I did start replacement with Test Cyp at 200mg/week and within about 3-4 weeks I started noticing some nice positive effects. The main thing I noticed was a definite quicker recovery time from my workout and feeling more "refreshed" even during high volume training templates and a fair amount of cardio. My daytime energy levels also increased which was an added bonus.

Even if you are asymptotic, I would definitely give TRT a try for a few months and see how you like it.

Lowest score I got was 255 ng/ml last year and that was at a low t center.
Again, I feel like low t clinics lie to get customers because I got my test checked the next week at endo and it was like 360 total. I know this is still low though... I don't know what the deal is.

My concern is...
Am I missing out on potential muscle growth with test this low?

I don't ever seem to plateau in workouts. Could I be stronger though? Instead of adding 5 lbs to my bench or 10 lbs to my squat could I be adding 20 lbs to my squat and 10 lbs to my bench?

Yesterday I hit a pr on squat and then ate a bunch at a cook off and slept 12 hours last night. I woke up today and hit a 5 lb pr on deadlift. My lower back hurts but I bet I'll wake up tomorrow and feel fine... Maybe the next day actually ha. :)

I have considered trt but because I usually get low normal range total test scores my endo said he didn't want to do it. One time I got below normal free test (don't remember number just remember it was below norm) and he shrugged it off and said it can be inaccurate sometimes.

I've considered buying my own gear online and ordering my own blood work as well.

I dunno though... I feel like as long as I am progressing in strength and my waist and hip fat is slowly shrinking away then why not stay natty. Even if my test is low.

I don't think it matters if you don't "feel" like you have low test. its still not healthy I bet... mine was soooo low.... like 55.... women have more test in them than I did.... its not healthy. period.
-F2S

I don't think it matters if you don't "feel" like you have low test. its still not healthy I bet... mine was soooo low.... like 55.... women have more test in them than I did.... its not healthy. period.
-F2S

Wow that is very low.

Did you find out why it was so low?

I want to get my estrogen/ dht/ androstenedione checked to see where my test is converting.

I think that my test is aromatizing into a bit of estrogen because I may have lied a little when I said I didnt have any symptoms (slipped my mind ill explain)

Months back I caught a mild case of gyno in my left nip

Recently (Past few weeks) I have been taking an anti estrogen/ test boosting/ gh spike enhancer that this doctor and ifbb pro (Doctor Todd Lee) designed. It actually reduced the pain in my chest. I think the size has reduced a bit too.

I think it is at least fighting my estrogen. He is the only doctor who seems to understand testosterone and my goals of building muscle.

The last time I saw my endocrinologist I asked him to check my estrogen and when i got my results in estrogen wasnt on the list wtf!?

I am going back in a week or two (They said I can only test blood once a month).

Are u kidding me. You would be a fool to considered trt. Listen this low t clinics are for profit and unethical. They will get say anything to make you jump on trt.

You like your libido now. Guess what trt is a ducking roller coaster and you may never have a libido. Trust me what God gave you is the best. Low t only means something If you are having symptoms. Don't go searching for something that isn't there. As shady as the low t clinics are I don't think they would lie about numbers. You testosterone varies significantly day to day.

Plz plz plz trust me on this one and stay away. I would take your situation In a heart beat. You don't want to spend the rest of your life playing with meds trying to chase a number and then more meds trying to fix other numbers (estrogen$ and more meds to keep your testicles producing sperm and on and on.

Dr Todd lee . Lol I googled him. Sounds like a douche. He has to post up his certificates to prove he is a doctor and forgot to place and post grad training certificate. On top of it he is talking smack about PA and nurse practioners cause he went to school for 10 years. What a joke of a guy I swear.

Dr Todd lee . Lol I googled him. Sounds like a douche. He has to post up his certificates to prove he is a doctor and forgot to place and post grad training certificate. On top of it he is talking smack about PA and nurse practioners cause he went to school for 10 years. What a joke of a guy I swear.

He has a strong personality.

I think he is a smart guy though.

I havent seen him bash on anyone but I dunno... its whatever really.

I appreciate the input. In one of my earlier posts I said that I dont have any symptoms really and think I should stay natty. So the stuff you were talking about obviously concerns me and I feel the same way. I dont want to be dependent on medication for the rest of my life really unless I need to be. (Also dont want any side effects) However, what does concern me is why my test is low/low normal. I really would like to get to the bottom of this and fix it.

He has a strong personality.

I think he is a smart guy though.

I havent seen him bash on anyone but I dunno... its whatever really.

I appreciate the input. In one of my earlier posts I said that I dont have any symptoms really and think I should stay natty. So the stuff you were talking about obviously concerns me and I feel the same way. I dont want to be dependent on medication for the rest of my life really unless I need to be. (Also dont want any side effects) However, what does concern me is why my test is low/low normal. I really would like to get to the bottom of this and fix it.

Don't fixate on numbers.. Any chance you may have sleep apnea. How high or low is your body fat? All those will affect your testosterone.

In real medical world, not bro medical world or low t clinic medical world, #s done mean anything if you are asymptomatic. In fact the definition of hypogonadism as per the American board of endocrinology " total t < 300 WITH symptoms and blood tested on two different ocassions" keyword "with" .

Dr Karl Nadolsky is a bodybuilder Doctor and endoctinologists. Listen to his podcasts when u get a chance. I am sure he would say the same thing as me which is the same thing as your endo. No replacement needed.

Last edited:
Don't fixate on numbers.. Any chance you may have sleep apnea. How high or low is your body fat? All those will affect your testosterone.

In real medical world, not bro medical world or low t clinic medical world, #s done mean anything if you are asymptomatic. In fact the definition of hypogonadism as per the American board of endocrinology " total t < 300 WITH symptoms and blood tested on two different ocassions" keyword "with" .

Dr Karl Nadolsky is a bodybuilder Doctor and endoctinologists. Listen to his podcasts when u get a chance. I am sure he would say the same thing as me which is the same thing as your endo. No replacement needed.

I dont have sleep apnea
I have had varied body fat levels over the years. (As low as having visible abdominals)

I dont have abs at all right now and a bit jiggly around the mid section lol nothing too bad but I am dieting to get those abs back.

What is strange is that my test is higher than its ever been now than when I was leaner. I am stronger than Ive ever been and workout differently than I used to as well. I do heavy low volume powerlifting workouts in my garage. I used to do high volume in a gym.

I am listenng to Dr Karl Nad now! as I type this. Sounds like a cool guy.

This is my first thread... Just like to hear some thoughts.

I'm 27
6 ft 5 in
248 lbs (this morning)

TRT clinics around here won't talk to you unless you are over 30.

TRT clinics around here won't talk to you unless you are over 30.

Around here it is 25 for clinics (Houston area).

However, I have been seeing an endocrinologist since I was 18. (I used to have a prolactinoma).

He offered to prescribe me testosterone after I told him I got my testosterone and psa checked at a low t center with below normal total results (255 ng/ml).

He retested me (1 week apart from their results) and I was in the normal range (355 ng/ml) with below normal free test. He shrugged this off and told me the test can be inaccurate sometimes. He left me a voicemail when he got the results saying that everything was in range so there was no need to prescribe testosterone.

However, I have been seeing an endocrinologist since I was 18. (I used to have a prolactinoma).

He offered to prescribe me testosterone after I told him I got my testosterone and psa checked at a low t center with below normal total results (255 ng/ml).

He retested me (1 week apart from their results) and I was in the normal range (355 ng/ml) with below normal free test. He shrugged this off and told me the test can be inaccurate sometimes. He left me a voicemail when he got the results saying that everything was in range so there was no need to prescribe testosterone.

This is why I kinda don't trust those clinics. My endocrinologist said he didn't trust them either. I've gotten low numbers from ageless male and the low t center.

I was goin to say prolactinoma can cause low testosterone. Etc. your case is different and should definitely be managed by an endocrinologist not a low t clinic.

Low t may be normal for you. If you are not experiencing any of the negative side effects of low t and actually experiencing what would amount to side effects of high normal t levels. Then why even consider anything trt related?

I was goin to say prolactinoma can cause low testosterone. Etc. your case is different and should definitely be managed by an endocrinologist not a low t clinic.

I have already treated my prolactinoma.
My prolactin is lower than its ever been. (14.2) range:2-18

It has been in range for a year and a half.

I was hoping that if I got my prolactin in range then my boys downstairs would "pump me up"!

I'm going to purchase an estrogen lab from walk in labs and go get my blood drawn now in an hour. I think it is aromatizing. I also wanna see if my supplement is working.

Last edited:
Low t may be normal for you. If you are not experiencing any of the negative side effects of low t and actually experiencing what would amount to side effects of high normal t levels. Then why even consider anything trt related?

Good question...

I ask myself this quite frequently.

Some other questions I ask myself are... Why isn't my test higher? Would higher test result in bigger gains in size and strength? Would higher test mean less body fat? Would higher test mean faster run times?

...Or is it all just a number that I have become obsessed about because of advertisements and reading into too much bro science?

Aren't 1ad and 4ad pro hormones? If so they could explain the lower score.

Aren't 1ad and 4ad pro hormones? If so they could explain the lower score.

Yes and yes.

I'm not too concerned with the lower score... Even though I thought they would've raised it.

May have been taking too low of a dose or the 1-test could have suppressed me a bit or epi that converts into dht allegedly could have drained my test a bit. The 4 dhea was supposed to convert to test. I don't really buy into the new prohormones much and think they are stupid. That is why I got a test done to see if they were helping.

Apparently they weren't.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave