over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I.R.S. Verify My Identity Letter in Mail

chainheart

Kilo Klub Member
there doesn't seem to be much recent activity in business and finance section and i realized i need a quick answer. so i'm posting here. has anyone received or are you familiar with an I.R.S. identity verification letter stating:

"We received a federal income tax return, Form 1040, for the tax year listed with your name and social security number. To protect you from identity theft, we need to verify your identity before we process the return."

i have never received anything like this. i don't doubt that the letter is real because the I.R.S phone number listed has "extraordinary wait time" and suggests going to .gov web site to answer questions to verify that i indeed am Chainheart. has anyone gotten one of these and if so have you gotten through by phone to the I.R.S. (every time it's the same recording of extraordinary wait time)

any I.R.S. bodybuilders out there? how about anyone out there have their body, tanning oils, posing suits, planet fitness memberships disallowed when written off as a business expense for competitions? i would expect the planet fitness write off to be nixed.

**no bully pls

Attachments

• irs pm.jpg
    irs pm.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 466
IRS does NOT send letters....

:cool:

oh yes they do. i've gotten other letters over my many years. they don't CALL you on the phone. damn you Tenny.

there doesn't seem to be much recent activity in business and finance section and i realized i need a quick answer. so i'm posting here. has anyone received or are you familiar with an I.R.S. identity verification letter stating:

"We received a federal income tax return, Form 1040, for the tax year listed with your name and social security number. To protect you from identity theft, we need to verify your identity before we process the return."

i have never received anything like this. i don't doubt that the letter is real because the I.R.S phone number listed has "extraordinary wait time" and suggests going to .gov web site to answer questions to verify that i indeed am Chainheart. has anyone gotten one of these and if so have you gotten through by phone to the I.R.S. (every time it's the same recording of extraordinary wait time)

any I.R.S. bodybuilders out there? how about anyone out there have their body, tanning oils, posing suits, planet fitness memberships disallowed when written off as a business expense for competitions? i would expect the planet fitness write off to be nixed.

**no bully pls

I talk to the IRS on the phone a few times. You might have to wait some, but they will answer. Just put phone on speaker and go do something. Only job related or business expenses can be written off.

A List of What Can Be Written Off on Your Taxes - Budgeting Money

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/deducting-business-expenses

I'm not saying this situation is legit but the IRS DOES send letters...they leave a paper trail. What they don't do is contact you by phone!

Usually anything I get from the IRS these days is treated as spam and tossed directly into the garbage. :D:cool:

I'm not saying this situation is legit but the IRS DOES send letters...they leave a paper trail. What they don't do is contact you by phone!

that's what it was....no phone calls..

:eek:

oh yes they do. i've gotten other letters over my many years. they don't CALL you on the phone. damn you Tenny.

your right bro..

its calling they don't do...

they tried fucking with the oldman last year...
sent him a letter to call them.....the number
was a scam...wasn't really IRS number.

ended up he did speak to someone from IRS, that said...

"we would just knock on your door"

Oh those shit bags send letters.....

But only if you make money, pay taxes and they know they can get more from you because you're a normal part of society who needs to support people who aren't. If you're the scum of the earth they leave you alone and you can do whatever you want. I do ecommerce every single penny I make goes through my bank account, I can't hide a single dime. I got a letter one day saying I owed the IRS an extra 250k, the reasoning was that since this much went through my bank account then surely there had to be cash transactions as well. The bitch just totally made up numbers and rationale out of thin air, I cut that dumb ignorant bitch a check for 30k after an 8 hour meeting which was the worst clown show I've ever seen and my lawyer said we were lucky, I wanted to strangle all of them. I bleed red white and blue but there are some things that are dangerously wrong in our country. But we're too busy worried about who goes to the which bathroom, now that stuff is important:banghead:

Last edited:
Oh those shit bags send letters.....

But only if you make money, pay taxes and they know they can get more from you because you're a normal part of society who needs to support people who aren't. If you're the scum of the earth they leave you alone and you can do whatever you want. I do ecommerce every single penny I make goes through my bank account, I can't hide a single dime. I got a letter one day saying I owed the IRS an extra 250k, the reasoning was that since this much went through my bank account then surely there had to be cash transactions as well. I bleed red white and blue but there are some things that are dangerously wrong in our country. But we're too busy worried about who goes to the which bathroom, now that stuff is important:banghead:

yeah new bathroom signs and pay for the printed talking points/agenda going to every school principal in every county in America. extra counselors to deal with girls with shy bladders when the boy walks in. that and to pay John Kerry's plastic surgery change to Fred Gwynne. i swear he injected mash potatoes into his face.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1UDHzDL9VM"]The Kerry Munster - YouTube[/ame]

I used to pay 80 bucks a month for insurance and now I pay 350 a month for shit coverage so some cracked out shit bag with every health problem on the planet because they abuse any drug they can find and consider McDonald's a healthy meal can get prescribed everything under the sun for free to keep them walking the earth as long as possible to vote for the person who gave it to them.

Sorry about the rant, I'm going away this weekend and it's eating me up because I'm actually going to be away from my businesses. Shit is all backwards....

Carry on....

Wrong.

My brother just received one of these last year from the IRS...Because he had not held a job in probably like 10yrs and then only worked for a few months before tax time the IRS would not submit his return without verification.

Wrong.

My brother just received one of these last year from the IRS...Because he had not held a job in probably like 10yrs and then only worked for a few months before tax time the IRS would not submit his return without verification.

lol....i know bro....its the phone calls they don't make..

when they fucked with my dad....they sent him a letter
to CALL some number....

he took it to his lawyer.....who is an IRS lawyer, said its bullshit.

Wrong.

hadn't held a job in ten years? i may try that in the future but can't just yet.

i did get through to an I.R.S. agent today - she said their computers were down. i asked where she was located and she told me Texas, then i asked if i could go to my local downtown I.R.S. office and she said their computers would be down as well. some thread eh?

Mymother recieved such a letter a few years ago and it took forever to get that years taxes cleared up. But since they suggested using the goverments own web site to answer the questions it sounds legit.

IR-2015-54, March 18, 2015

WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service today reminded taxpayers who receive requests from the IRS to verify their identities that the Identity Verification Service website, idverify.irs.gov, offers the fastest, easiest way to complete the task.
Taxpayers may receive a letter when the IRS stops suspicious tax returns that have indications of being identity theft but contains a real taxpayer’s name and/or Social Security number. Only those taxpayers receiving Letter 5071C should access idverify.irs.gov.
The website will ask a series of questions that only the real taxpayer can answer.
Once the identity is verified, the taxpayers can confirm whether or not they filed the return in question. If they did not file the return, the IRS can take steps at that time to assist them. If they did file the return, it will take approximately six weeks to process it and issue a refund.
Letter 5071C is mailed through the U.S. Postal Service to the address on the return. It asks taxpayers to verify their identities in order for the IRS to complete processing of the returns if the taxpayers did file it or reject the returns if the taxpayers did not file it. The IRS does not request such information via email, nor will the IRS call a taxpayer directly to ask this information without you receiving a letter first. The letter number can be found in the upper corner of the page.
The letter gives taxpayers two options to contact the IRS and confirm whether or not they filed the return. Taxpayers may use the idverify.irs.gov site or call a toll-free number on the letter. Because of the high-volume on the toll-free numbers, the IRS-sponsored website, idverify.irs.gov, is the safest, fastest option for taxpayers with web access.
Taxpayers should have available their prior year tax return and their current year tax return, if they filed one, including supporting documents, such as Forms W-2 and 1099 and Schedules A and C.
Taxpayers also may access idverify.irs.gov through www.IRS.gov by going to Understanding Your 5071C Letter or the Understanding Your IRS Notice or Letter page. The tool is also available in Spanish. Taxpayers should always be aware of tax scams, efforts to solicit personally identifiable information and IRS impersonations. However, idverify.irs.gov is a secure, IRS-supported site that allows taxpayers to verify their identities quickly and safely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sounds like someone filed a return with your info. I deal with this from time to time and have to speak to the IRS. Surprisingly (if you can make it through the wait and get them on the line) the agents are usually very helpful. In fact I would say that of all the debt collectors that I have to deal with the IRS is by far my preference.
This very well could be a scam but you can easily reach out to the closest field office and find out. PM me if you want to talk more man. I am not claiming to be an expert but when TRVs show a problem we have to deal with this and it happens far more than you would think.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsly
NapsGear