over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Muscle Beach/Venice things to do?

JeanClaude

Registered
Hey

I'm headed out to make the pilgrimage to Venice Gold's and Muscle Beach this weekend. What is there to do other than workout at muscle beach, golds and the boardwalk?

Anyone know of the usual times that some of the pros workout, like Dexter or Hide?

Thanks

It's usually pretty dead when I go there. Honestly I smoke a joint, grab a table at an outside diner, stuff my face and people watch. The people watching is insane. It's an eclectic bunch.

Since it is the weekend they will have a ton of street performers hustling and performing. Enjoy your day!

*Muscle Beach is usually pretty dead not Venice lol.

It's usually pretty dead when I go there. Honestly I smoke a joint, grab a table at an outside diner, stuff my face and people watch. The people watching is insane. It's an eclectic bunch.

Since it is the weekend they will have a ton of street performers hustling and performing. Enjoy your day!

I like the way you think!!

I envy you:) But I hope to visit that place one day as well:)

No one trains at muscle beach. Golds Venice is where you want to go. Eat at Rose, Firehouse, and there's another place better than firehouse around the corner on Hampton. Go to the pier (santa monica or venice)...stroll through Abbott kinney..
People watch.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Not sure if Hanging On is referring to Suce but thats a great place to eat.

It's right next to the old Max Muscle and is more or less behind the Firehouse.

Not sure if Hanging On is referring to Suce but thats a great place to eat.

It's right next to the old Max Muscle and is more or less behind the Firehouse.
Precisely. Sauce is amazing.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure Hide moved to Las Vegas years ago and partnered with Iris Kyle on that Bodi Café. Possibly that gym as well.

https://youtu.be/bcbkrr3dV-0

One place I still hope to see sometime in my life,,,its on my bucket list.

I think the majority of people who visit "the mecca" and musclebeach leave very dissapointed.....with the thoughts of "wow that was way more ghetto and trashy than I thought it was going to be"

I think the majority of people who visit "the mecca" and musclebeach leave very dissapointed.....with the thoughts of "wow that was way more ghetto and trashy than I thought it was going to be"

Agreed, trashy and overrated. Firehouse is terrible! Cafeteria food at 10x the price all hype! Train at Golds Venice and then take the car and go down to manhattan beach which is a cool area.

x1000

It is really a disappointment. I haven't been there in years since I was in college, but I also don't plan on going back anytime soon either. Every freak you can imagine is walking around over there. In the spring, you will see more action (and weirdos), but it is still a dump. If you get a chance to train there, that may be cool, and maybe the firehouse café, but not much else outside of amusement from the people. Be safe.

I'd recommend if you are going to venice, do not plan very much time there, there are other places in cali to visit that are much well worth the time.

I visited years ago and wasn't impressed. Not quite what I had imagined it would be.

as others have said

Hey

I'm headed out to make the pilgrimage to Venice Gold's and Muscle Beach this weekend. What is there to do other than workout at muscle beach, golds and the boardwalk?

Anyone know of the usual times that some of the pros workout, like Dexter or Hide?

Thanks

I don’t know what your expectations are, where you are from, or if ‘pilgrimage’ (noun)
is the correct word, but personally, having visited both those places a few years ago,
I would avoid Venice Gold's and Muscle Beach like the plague, that is, unless, you are
interested in some sort of freak show, and not the good type of freaks.

Not bragging, but I was very fortunate to have visited, trained at, the original Golds Gym
(and when it moved to 4th street in Santa Monica), at Vince’s Gym in Hollywood, at
Bill Pearl’s gym in Pasadena, at the first World Gym (build by Joe Gold) just when it
opened in Venice Beach, at the Mid City Health Club in Manhattan and at the Nautilus
facility in Lake Helen, FL. (Yes, I am that old.) And I can tell you, all those were worth
doing at the time. Sadly, some, perhaps all are gone now but the memories remains.

Unfortunately, if you are looking to create some memories and experiences relative to body-
building perhaps your choices leaves a bit to be desired at this point in time. See below.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...onica-venice-anything-nearby.html#post2061736

Last edited:
It is a freak show and that is the fun in it. Its one of those places or events everyone should try to experience. Like New York on New Years. Go check it out and buy some chucks while your there. Its a tradition and they are great for squatting.

Be mindful of your stuff. Once in a while it can happen.

Brad Rowe's Rough 24 Hours!!!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zT5yi0GlvE"]Brad Rowe's Rough 24 Hours!!! - YouTube[/ame]

I was there a few weeks ago and there was zero activity at muscle beach. I liked golds though. It's an enormous gym and plenty of freaks there for added motivation

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws