advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Terrible Cramps EVERY time I do ab work.

Sixdog76

Registered
I had to have a cervical disc replacement about 8 months ago. I have been back in the gym for about 7.

I have consistently been on GH and test during that timeframe and every single time I do ab work since I have crippling ab muscle cramps, They knock me on my ass.

What could be causing that? Diet is good, i stay hydrated. Could it be from injecting GH in my lower abdominal SQ area?

I am at a loss.

Here we go again, any relation to being the summer and sweating more. Electrolytes....

I have the same issue. Don't matter what I do or use , abs still cramp. I stopped doing them....

I honestly had this issue till I donated blood a couple times. I chalk it up to my RBC's being very high. I certainly could be wrong though, but I haven't had a terrible ab charley horse in a long time. Only my hammies from time to time :).

I get the same thing. They can get very crippling too. I'm not taking any GH so I don't think that's the issue.

Taurine MIGHT help.

If it doesn't, quinine definitely will. :)

I get them when I haven't trained them in a while and in bad shape. Once I start training them regularly I don't get them anymore.

I've gotten this as well (not on gh). Can't really help you with suggestions but I can tell you I've had it more than once and it scared me to train abs so I stopped for a bit. Eventually it just goes away.

I had to have a cervical disc replacement about 8 months ago. I have been back in the gym for about 7.

I have consistently been on GH and test during that timeframe and every single time I do ab work since I have crippling ab muscle cramps, They knock me on my ass.

What could be causing that? Diet is good, i stay hydrated. Could it be from injecting GH in my lower abdominal SQ area?

I am at a loss.

do u mean like a wind cramp? or the actual muscles in your abs like tightening up and cramping?

Wind cramps in the side (my best name for them) come and go on me,... the best way i was taught to relieve them was putting my hands on my head, taking a big deep breath as much air as i could pull, then exhaling rapidly as possible...

All I can say if you get them now (I do too) stay the fuck away from anavar. Talk about cramps. I was taking 10 grams of Taurine a day and it didn't do jack SHIT - BUT - I will say this - adding chelated magnesium DOES help to a certain extent, it really helped on my var cycle with random cramps (especially charlie horses and the like) but as far as abdnominal cramping, I still get it now and I'm on Test only. Use foam rollers, anything you can do to warm up and stretch your abdomen out before starting anything (even non weighted crunches). The abs are a muscle like every other group. Do you jump right into your other workouts without a warm up? I know I dont, and abs are really no exception here.

I've had this problem most of my life. Especially if I do any kind of core work from deadlift to direct abs work I get painful cramps. The other day after a couple or three sets of abs after a squat workout I bent down to change my shoes. Abs cramped fell on the floor flopping around like a fish until I could manage to stretch them out. It was both embarrassing and funny as hell. I haven't cured it but what helps is stretching my abs after a workout and higher sodium. I put some soy sauce on all my meals.

Wait wasnt the same exact question asked ? Doug1 had mentioned salting foods etc...

I had that for a period of time too and I tried lots of things including Taurine and nothing seemed to cure it. I too gave up doing abs for awhile. I think it was related to what steroids I was taking at the time because when I went on just a testosterone cruise the cramps stopped. Not sure what it was but I was probably taking the following: tren, test, and EQ. GH too.

That amount of pain is intense. I happened to have mine about 6 months after my umbilical hernia surgery too. I think it might have contributed to me blowing out part of my patch. The pain was just terrible.

Last edited:
Funny I always train abs after deads and squats at end of workout.I often stretch quads and hams at end of both as well. When I do a decent amount of ab work, which is not much at all really, I often cramp when leaning over to stretch hams. The lockup of the muscles is terrible and takes a while to go away...

I am at a loss.

The last time I had ab cramps was when I was in contest prep and let me tell you, I'd rather have a charlie horse! Ab cramps are the worst. Just war them up before training them and see if that makes a difference. Good luck.

As myo said above im the same way. If i havent trained abs in a while when i get back to do they will cramp up VERY bad. I know this now so when i ease back into it ill take it very easy and stop well short of failure and immediately get up and stretch. I DO NOT bend over after my sets as thats when the cramp.

If i keep my abs in good shape then nothing phases them. It got so bad years ago in undergrad that I dont think i hit abs for 4 years lol

I am at a loss.

Look in to Fulvic acid.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner