over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Orals in off season

jlm25

Registered
I often see people running anadrol & dbol in the off season. Personally I have been sticking to Anavar @50mg. From my perspective I don't get any excess water weight from dbol or drol and no crazy strength gains that will disappear once I quit taking them. Am I missing something or have I just not used them properly in the past?

i think that most people don't use orals properly..

when you take into account that most people use orals for 3-4 weeks, it's really no surprise that they don't see a great deal of growth that remains
after cessation of said orals..

I mean, does anyone use test prop for 4 weeks? how much lean tissue can one expect to gain in a 4 week course of drug use?

IMO, the toxicity of most commonly used orals is grossly overstated.. as a result, I don't think it's unreasonable to use anadrol/abol for 12+ weeks at a time, assuming proper support supplements (especially for blood pressure) are used alongside.

I'm a big fan of progressive loads...Big A, Dante, etc all train in that fashion. Slowly adding a small amount of weight each week will create some great gains over time! That said, adding 100mg of Anadrol a day (50mg daily for the first week, then 100mg daily) will definitely make you progressively stronger and create gains!

As for toxicity, get blood work done...if things are good then continue...if not then stop. This was Big A's method that he posted about years ago!

when you take into account that most people use orals for 3-4 weeks, it's really no surprise that they don't see a great deal of growth that remains

I mean, does anyone use test prop for 4 weeks? how much lean tissue can one expect to gain in a 4 week course of drug use?

IMO, the toxicity of most commonly used orals is grossly overstated.. as a result, I don't think it's unreasonable to use anadrol/abol for 12+ weeks at a time, assuming proper support supplements (especially for blood pressure) are used alongside.

I would definitely agree with the short usage of those orals. I use anavar for long periods of time, usually 20 weeks or so. Do you ever worry about long usage of those orals that can give a large boost in strength damaging the body (i.e. tendons that cannot keep up with the muscle grow)?

Do you ever worry about long usage of those orals that can give a large boost in strength damaging the body (i.e. tendons that cannot keep up with the muscle grow)?

I don't really worry about it... I'm really careful/selective with the movements I do.. You won't see me flat benching or overhead pressing anytime soon.

If you stick to the safer lifts, you can remove a great deal of risk

I would definitely agree with the short usage of those orals. I use anavar for long periods of time, usually 20 weeks or so. Do you ever worry about long usage of those orals that can give a large boost in strength damaging the body (i.e. tendons that cannot keep up with the muscle grow)?

As i get older i tend to try to progress in reps instead of weight more often then not... for example, a little while back if i was on bench and got 365x8, i would up the weight probably 385 and bring me back to around 5, then try to get back to 8, then add weight, repeat..... now, i more often i would keep at that 365 until i get it upto around 12-15, then add weight... i got tendonitis in both elbows that comes amd goes, my right hip has it too, and 8 months ago bulged a disk in my low back deadlifting 635... i been on the safety train this time around more so then ever....

Would it bother if you would bridge from oral to oral? It would bore me to dead to just run drol for 12 weeks, longest I've ran an oral for Var at 100mg's/day for 8 weeks.

For example 100mg Tbol for 4 weeks, 100mg Drol for 4 weeks finish off with 100mg Var for 4 weeks.

I don't have a ton of experience with orals only used Superdrol, Dbol, Var, Winstrol so far but I don't believe like you said they gave you really gains I think they should be used for pre-conest for physique-enhancement and from all the pro's Q&A's no one really uses orals in the off-season and keep it simple.

I agree Pitbull... I have noticed as I have gotten older.. mid 40s now... the body is reacting better to higher reps than higher weights.. thankful to have built a solid foundation with powerlifting when I first got started and now I can mold it

Would it bother if you would bridge from oral to oral? It would bore me to dead to just run drol for 12 weeks, longest I've ran an oral for Var at 100mg's/day for 8 weeks.

For example 100mg Tbol for 4 weeks, 100mg Drol for 4 weeks finish off with 100mg Var for 4 weeks.

I don't have a ton of experience with orals only used Superdrol, Dbol, Var, Winstrol so far but I don't believe like you said they gave you really gains I think they should be used for pre-conest for physique-enhancement and from all the pro's Q&A's no one really uses orals in the off-season and keep it simple.

I would hate to see your HDL levels at the end of those....easily single digits

I wouldn't even think about running orals that long without GW501516, citrus bergamot, Uniquinol, telmisartan, and carditone

I would hate to see your HDL levels at the end of those....easily single digits

Agree.

The liver toxicity might be exaggerated, but the impact on cholesterol isn't. Tbol and Var wreck havoc on my lipids.

So I have stumbled onto something with orals that I want to share. So a few months ago I was dosing pretty good with 2 orals, Var and Proviron, besides some other injectables also. So my BP got too high. I got rid of all orals and brought doses down to HRT levels. I also dieted some and lost about 8 pounds, just quit eating like a pig. Because I think Var contributes to lethargy, I took one yesterday morning and today as well. Had two great naps the last two afternoons. I had the wife do my BP today manually, after waking up from the nap, 120/80. She was surprised. So, I think orals have a place at the right time, my Var dose was 50mg each morning. Just talking out loud....

Orals by far are the most overrated drug. Way more negative than long term positive IMO. I am interested in Jordan Peters montra of Superdrol pre workout only for intensity and overload which I have never tried

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Most of these oral drugs were and still sometimes are prescribed to cancer patients in order to help maintain body mass in order to fight off the disease. They are used very long term. If a cancer ridden person can safely run these long term....how toxic are they really as long as blood work is in order?

I agree. Most of these oral drugs were and still sometimes are prescribed to cancer patients in order to help maintain body mass in order to fight off the disease. They are used very long term. If a cancer ridden person can safely run these long term....how toxic are they really as long as blood work is in order?
You make a valid point, but aren't these dosages much lower in cancer patients? Either way, I believe the toxicity of many of these drugs are indeed very heavily exaggerated. I personally have only experienced poor sides from winny. I don't even want to think about running it again anytime soon lol.

You make a valid point, but aren't these dosages much lower in cancer patients? Either way, I believe the toxicity of many of these drugs are indeed very heavily exaggerated. I personally have only experienced poor sides from winny. I don't even want to think about running it again anytime soon lol.

Ive seen doses being run that are definitely in the range of some bodybuilders. 50 plus mgs a day

All I know is that when I take dbol.....not only does it make me stronger and helps me put on mass.....it makes me smile for no reason....which I like...because it makes people think I'm up to something.....

there was that 14 year old Japanese girl who was on 30mg a day for 6 years

Well, there you have it folks. Clearly her liver didn't quit on her compromised immune system. The proof is in the pudding.

... it's just an anecdote, of course. and she did develop adenomas (which IIRC, resolved upon cessation of the anadrol).

but 30mg for 6 years..in a child?

may be something to consider

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member