over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Prayers

Marvin Martian

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I am not sure how much national news / surely not international this is getting but I live in Lousiana and we have experienced a major disaster. Flash flooding literally engulfed my home town. My children were safe but my wife and I escaped with our pets in the middle of the night Sunday. The water came up so fast it was absolutely insane. The area I live in hasnt flooded in 500 years according to the corps of engineers.
I do not ask for prayers for us though. We made it to family and have a safe dry place to stay. The water has subsided. There are so many people without anything at all and no means to bounce back easily. My family is safe and healthy and I refuse to let anything beat me so we are going to be fine!! Most of our belongings were destroyed and it will take time to rebuild but I feel so blessed to have the wife and kids that I have. PLEASE pray for the peopll of this area. Tens of thousands of people were displaced and some of the stories I hear are heart breaking. The elderly especially concern me and those people that don't have the physical ability to recover. I have seen some awesome acts of love and kindness so not all has been bad. This has definitely changed me and I hope that it will make me a better man. I know that everything that happens can bring positivity if dealt with properly.
Internet is still spotty for some reason and cell keeps getting disconnected but I will try to update later and I thank you in advance for the prayers.

MM,

It's so sad to see how many people have lost everything, heartbreaking.
I've been praying every night watching the disaster on the news.

God is with you!!!

-MT

Prayer's to Louisiana!

I have seen this tragedy all over the TV/internet.

It's horrible.

I'm so glad you got out with your wife, but importantly you children and even your dog!

It's all I've heard on the radio today. Glad to hear you are safe MM.

Thank you! This has been a pretty horrific experience but at the same time it has been incredibly uplifting. The "Cajun Navy" has been out in full force. This is a group (hundreds if not thousands) of south Louisiana "coonass" men that "got dem boat and done come see what dey can do ta hep"!!! Amazing to see people giving of time and resource to help others they don't know at all. Not the government - just good hard working normal people that saw their fellow humans in need and took it upon themselves to make a difference.
Over 40,000 homes affected and last night still over 20,000 slept in shelters.
Keep the prayer coming please because the people down here need it. We ain't the big city but we are good people.

Semper Fi

That's awful! I hope the rescue efforts have great success. I'm guessing by your original post, that no one was ready for this.

Sorry you and your family are going through this. Glad to hear you are all safe. Prayers sent.

Marvin that is absolutely terrible. I am so happy you and your family made it out safe. I cannot imagine what you are going through. You are all in my prayers.

Stay safe and thank god for the good old boys.

Prayers sent bud.

Saw that on the news...

So sorry MM, cant imagine how rough that would be, i really feel for the people and pets there...

Hi MM,
So sad to hear the bad news, Prayer's to Louisiana!
I can fully understand your feeling now. A month ago, the city I live undergone a heavy rainfall, suddenly coming the flood. Transportation facilities paralyzed, thousands of houses were flooded, and even hundreds people death. I pray every day, the government even sent the soldiers to help and rescue the victims. After several days , the storm stops, everything was back to normal. Thank God!
Now I will pray for your city everyday, May God bless you!

Glad to hear you and your family are safe MM. My wife and I , and even our 4 year old daughter, have been praying every night for all the families affected by this terrible calamity.

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

prayers for you, your family all LA residents effected by this, I was raised in LA and still have family there, but they are about 3 hours from the flooding.

i'll be keep you and your family in my prayers brobro

has a state of emergency been declared?

sorry to hear that, hope everything goes well, I really can feel your hopeless ,god bless.

i'll be keep you and your family in my prayers brobro

has a state of emergency been declared?

yes - they have labeled it a disaster area. Its actually the worst natural disaster since Katrina and affected some of the same areas but a much larger flood area.

Thank God I just got my ass back in shape. I don't think I could have made that hike had I been in the shape I was in before. 1/4 mile doesn't seem like much but in chest deep water and with two cats and belongings its a chore!!
I am strong though - I will be ok. I got my Marine Corps spirit back and we WILL overcome this!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU to every one of you that has kept us in your prayers. Some people wont believe it but I can literally FEEL the energy and its keeping me going guys!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131