over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help with airplane flight

Mountolympus

Registered
in 15 days i'll have to make a flight of 13 hours, for some time i suffer from knee's joint pain, especially when i sit for a while. i'm using deca but the pain is alaways present. You can recommend something to take for the flight? thanks

in 15 days i'll have to make a flight of 13 hours, for some time i suffer from knee's joint pain, especially when i sit for a while. i'm using deca but the pain is alaways present. You can recommend something to take for the flight? thanks

Motrin is fine. Since I take those flights all the time, Strongly suggest you get up every 1 to 2 hours and stretch. Good luck, because if you are not sitting first class, those seats are tight. This is why I always get an aisle seat.

Not to be paranoid but..

Long flights can cause blood clots. A family member of mine has a friend whom got a clot on a long flight and it travelled to his brain if I remember right. He survived but was in the hospital for about 1 month.

They advise you get up every so often and walk around a bit. Ive never been on a long flight, but maybe every so often get up and go to the bathroom and stretch. Taking a baby aspirin or two for a few days prior and during the flight couldn't hurt either I suppose.

Motrin is fine. Since I take those flights all the time, Strongly suggest you get up every 1 to 2 hours and stretch. Good luck, because if you are not sitting first class, those seats are tight. This is why I always get an aisle seat.

This is good advice. As someone who fly's around allot, I can tell you that even a modest upgrade to economy plus on most flights is worth the extra $. Aisle seats are a must. Getting up and even just standing in a bulkhead area for 10 minutes can make a huge difference. Try to find bulkhead seating if you can or front row. For me the Aisle allows me to hang my shoulder in the Aisle. As someone with a 56" suit jacket size, I clearly don't fit in the middle and the window seat is absolute torture. Upgrade to FIRST if at all possible as that is always the best case scenerio.

Maybe ice up the knees and stretch the night before so you are better off going into the flight. Then Motrin before he flight. You could do 200-800mg safely before hand if you are able to take it.

My knees normally kill me on flights. On my last trip with my daughter on vacation I got a free upgrade to first class when I used my miles. I had no knee pain because of the extra room. It was great. Too bad cant afford it on a regular basis. Normally I sit on isle and go to bathroom several times just to stretch. I couldnt handle over a 3 hour flights with a tiny seat.

Good old lidocaine injected under the skin above the knee. I used to do that before training legs. My knees are blown, always with chronic pain. Unfortunately, it's hard to find now. You need a paramedic friend to get it these days.

I've had the same problem. 800mg ibuprofen and something to knock me out like benedryl and/or ambien is the way to go for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take some Aleeve with you. It helps with my shoulder joint pain. I take 3 at a time

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I always try for an isle seat so you can stretch a little and get up and move around without having to bother people to let you out.

Take some Aleeve with you. It helps with my shoulder joint pain. I take 3 at a time

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I like ALEVE as well. Definitely get up every chance you can and move around the cabin some even if its just walking to that horribly small bathroom.

youneed to have an aisle seat, get up to stretch your leg muscles at least several times during the flight. It also helps prevent deep vein thrombosis.take prescribed anti-inflammatories or painkillers adequately, if you have a knee brace, take it along, too. Even if you don’t use any of these supplies, they’ll surely provide peace of mind.:p:p

here are some tips to relieve the joint pains on a long flight:

1.Stretch your legs. These are great to do before you get on the plane and in the back of the plane.
2.Select an aisle seat. Sitting by the aisle allows you space to stretch out your legs. Even if you don’t leave your legs there, being able to straighten your knees a bit can provide good relief.
3.Pump those ankles. Pumping your ankles keeps the blood flowing in the legs, also assisting in prevention of a blood clot.
4.Massage yourself. If you aren’t moving, your blood isn’t moving as well either and your muscles will get tight. Massaging tight and sore muscles can help you feel a little bit looser.
5.Wear loose and comfortable clothes. Restrictive clothes will restrict your joints. Your joints are already going to have a tough time moving, so untuck that shirt and wear those yoga pants.

here are some tips to relieve the joint pains on a long flight:

1.Stretch your legs. These are great to do before you get on the plane and in the back of the plane.
2.Select an aisle seat. Sitting by the aisle allows you space to stretch out your legs. Even if you don’t leave your legs there, being able to straighten your knees a bit can provide good relief.
3.Pump those ankles. Pumping your ankles keeps the blood flowing in the legs, also assisting in prevention of a blood clot.
4.Massage yourself. If you aren’t moving, your blood isn’t moving as well either and your muscles will get tight. Massaging tight and sore muscles can help you feel a little bit looser.
5.Wear loose and comfortable clothes. Restrictive clothes will restrict your joints. Your joints are already going to have a tough time moving, so untuck that shirt and wear those yoga pants.

you forgot to cite your source...

Relieve Muscular and Joint Pain on a 19-Hour Flight

I apologize if I missed this but always always always buy the emergency exit row... it's actually more room than first class with regards to leg room

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk 2

Long flights can cause blood clots. A family member of mine has a friend whom got a clot on a long flight and it travelled to his brain if I remember right. He survived but was in the hospital for about 1 month.

Something I always wondered knowing it could very well happen to me, especially when I had high hematocrit (reduced drastically after donating blood for 1 year straight)... but oddly enough never really researched :eek:: how, Maldorf, would someone know he's actually having a blood clot and his life is IMMEDIATELY in danger?!?! What are the specific symptoms that will for sure make you know it is a clot and not a bad headache, hypoglycemia, moderate chest pain, etc... ???

Since you're probably one of those with the most experience/knowledge on this topic on the board, i think it would greatly benefit all of us if you could expand a bit on this subject... ;) Thanks buddy! :)

BTW, let's not forget it's a blood clot wrongly taken care of that killed our own Big Bapper here on PM... it can really happen to ANYONE. :cool:

I've had the same problem. 800mg ibuprofen

Back to the OP's question, a mild anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen sounds indeed like the best momentary relief... 800mg at once might be a bit too much though, 200 or 400mg spaced every few hours looks fine.

A local application on your knees of diclofenac (Voltaren) or Ketoprofen gel can't hurt either.

:)

I apologize if I missed this but always always always buy the emergency exit row... it's actually more room than first class with regards to leg room

Excellent advice! If only they could have the same kind of larger rows in movie theaters, I wouldn't mind either... :p

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131