over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thyroid help

Love_to_Bodybuild

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
last three preps ive used thyrodials, like otc gaspari's thyrotabs twice, and t3 once. This last prep I didnt use any thyroid "supplements" I dieted hard, 1.5-2 hours of cardio a day and while lean for the average person, quite bad for a classic physique competition.

talk to my doctor he said "they" dont do t3 tests anymore much and rely on tsh and t4 tests. my tsh was borderline low like 5.2-5.3 in my yearly checkup and would like to convince my doctor to get a t3 tests, but ive been refused an estrogen test before, and some doctors are stubborn and when insurance pays for it, it may not wise to drop a doctor bc they wont do every little thing , so it can be a compromise.

I would always go off and only use them for competing. I hate to rely on thyroids every contest prep , it seems when i use them I just get in much greater condition than when I dont

any advice?

last three preps ive used thyrodials, like otc gaspari's thyrotabs twice, and t3 once. This last prep I didnt use any thyroid "supplements" I dieted hard, 1.5-2 hours of cardio a day and while lean for the average person, quite bad for a classic physique competition.

talk to my doctor he said "they" dont do t3 tests anymore much and rely on tsh and t4 tests. my tsh was borderline low like 5.2-5.3 in my yearly checkup and would like to convince my doctor to get a t3 tests, but ive been refused an estrogen test before, and some doctors are stubborn and when insurance pays for it, it may not wise to drop a doctor bc they wont do every little thing , so it can be a compromise.

I would always go off and only use them for competing. I hate to rely on thyroids every contest prep , it seems when i use them I just get in much greater condition than when I dont

any advice?

Get a new doc, TSH of 5.2-5.3 is not considered borderline.

Your TSH levels are high, not low.

What is the Normal Range of TSH?
There are a range of levels that your TSH levels can be. Learning what these levels mean will help you work with your doctor to address your condition adequately.

Normal TSH - Adults should have TSH hormone levels that range from 0.4-4.2 mU/L.This indicates that the signals from your pituitary gland match the activity of your thyroid gland. Your doctor will use this hormone level alongside the other signals and side affects you may be showing to determine if there is an underlying health issue at hand.

Low TSH - Low TSH levels can be a sign that you are dealing with an overactive thyroid gland from conditions such as goiter, noncancerous tumors or Graves's disease. The thyroid may also become overactive during the first trimester of pregnancy. If you are already being treated for thyroid issues, you may develop low TSH levels if you are taking too much thyroid medication. If you are not showing signs of overactive thyroid you may have damaged the pituitary gland, causing it to produce less TSH.

High TSH - High levels of TSH are typically caused by an underactive thyroid or hypothyroidism. This is typically caused by Hashimoto's thyroiditis. If you are already being treated for a thyroid disorder this can be a sign that you need to increase your medication. In rare cases, you may be showing high TSH levels because you have developed a tumor that is causing the pituitary gland to over-produce TSH.

My bad, looking at paper now, I had it mixed up

tsh 2.40 (0.40-4.50 mIU/L)
t4 (thyroxine) 5.1 (4.5-12.0 mcg/dL)

I could be wrong but I dieted and cardied harder than ever this prep, compared to last three, and didnt use thryoidals, like last three, the body-fat just hung on it seemed.

so t4 looks a little low. Dave Palumbo says t3 is the one to be concerned with the most.

Lee priest said its fine to use t3 last 5-6 weeks or so at 25-50 mcg. Dorian in the lowdown on drugs interview said he never used thyroidals ,than again theres some bs rumored stuff where he was supposed to use tiratricol, which is like a thryoid prohormone or something.

Guess best thing I can do is get bloodwork, and try to get t3 uptake , for a full thyroid panel, right?

My t4 levels were on the low normal end and the endo prescribed synthroid.

its best I get tested and see where they fall, and if im behind for competition do t3 8-12 weeks or whatever and if i can get shredded without t3 then go that route

armour is t4 and some t3, pigs thyroid, but many doctors would rather do synthroid

Ive heard Frank Zane used thyroidals so much and didnt come off, that when he went off he gained 40 lbs and on it for life

some people say use it for 5-6 weeks at the end. some say using it for a long time and coming off causes no damage

probally best to use as little as possible but for competition , if thyroid levels arnt naturally high, ask yourself is it necessary and worth the risk?

each time ive come off, gained weight , and dieting was obviously more difficult when fat was gained easier, it seemed

I did a whole contest prep without im just trying to figure out why,why,why I didnt get ripped when i did anything I did like last time except use thyroid supps....my minds working on a solution

just like testosterone levels some people have naturally "optimal" thyroida levels aka dex jackson? and some are at the lower end. its all genetic, yeah? Unfortunely the lower end of normal will have much more of a challenge getting ripped than someone who has optimal levels

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
The easiest and most effective way is simply taking a thyroid hormone pill (Levothyroxine) once a day, preferably in the morning. This medication is a pure synthetic form of T4 which is made in a laboratory to be an exact replacement for the T4 that the human thyroid gland normally secretes.

The easiest and most effective way is simply taking a thyroid hormone pill (Levothyroxine) once a day, preferably in the morning. This medication is a pure synthetic form of T4 which is made in a laboratory to be an exact replacement for the T4 that the human thyroid gland normally secretes.

the thing about t4 when dieting hard is t3 can go down and you have to introduce a high calorie day , depending how lean you are, etc , maybe every two weeks, 10-12 days, and a week, depending on leaness, or t3 goes down
so most likely if you dont want to be on t4 and just want to speed thyroid up for additional fatloss t3 could be the best answer, yeah?

then just get off t3 when not doing a competition and levels will go back to slower on that chart

at a high level of competition gotta do what you gotta do to win right?

hopefully i dont need any of it and i can figure out how to get shredded without using it

Last edited:

I've mentioned this before.

In contrast, evening (prebed) dosing of L-thyroxine has been shown clinically and anecdotally (personally) more effective on overall sense of well-being and optimizing thyroid parameters.

**broken link removed**

I've been taking d Doctor-prescribed synthroid for many many years and I would like to find a better way if there is

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk 2

I've mentioned this before.

In contrast, evening (prebed) dosing of L-thyroxine has been shown clinically and anecdotally (personally) more effective on overall sense of well-being and optimizing thyroid parameters.

**broken link removed**

Does that go for T3 only users as well?

Your doctor is shit... Get a new one.

You need a full thyroid panel

-TSH
-Total T3
-Free T3
-Total T4
-Free T4

***Reverse T3

In my experience, I have much better luck requesting bloodwork with internal med docs than Endo's.

Nassar took 250mcg T3 per day when cutting. That's 11 cytomels. But he was on a shit ton of gear to hold onto the mass. I tried to copy him and dropped 30Lbs in 30 days with no dietary change. After stopping I gained 20Lbs and it looked like pure muscle. I was nuts back then though. I'd be afraid my heart would pop now.

Sorry to hijack, ill create my own thread if necessary. I've got a similar question. My insurance sucks and always gives me the run around. Here are my most recent results. Im going back in tomorrow.

TSH 1.220 0.450-4.500 uIU/mL 01
Thyroxine (T4) 0.7 ALERT LOW 4.5-12.0 ug/dL 01
T3 Uptake >50 HIGH 24-39 % 01
**Verified by repeat analysis**
Free Thyroxine Index >.4 LOW 1.2-4.9 01

Should I ask for a script of t4? Is my t4 crashed due to gh useage? Cruising on gh and trt atm. Everything else checks good.

Like someone else mentioned get the following test done.

TSH
Free T3
Free T4
Antibodies
T3 Uptake

Also speaking from personal experience, TSH levels fluctuate especially for athletes.

3 doctors, 2 endos and about 6 months later......I finally found a doctor that is willing to work with me based on my symptoms.

So if your having symptoms and your doc isn't much help, get a new one.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner