over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

scale not moving

scotty230

Newbies
I know this might sound crazy but has anyone been on a mass cycle and not have the scale move at al. I have a coach and all but its crazy i been punding the food and training like a mad man but it wont move its went up like 2 lbs in the last 5 weeks. The funny thing is i look leaner and fuller, i mean i see pope i havent seen in a few weeks and thy are shocked at how big i look but the scale ant moved, is it possable to keep the same weight but add muscle and loost fat the same time, diet is alot i am doing like 95f 425 c 325p a day , i know that owuld make most peopole fat but the weight is stuck at 239
or maybe all the supplements are keeping me the same weight , hell sometimes i eat whole large pizza and ice cream and still dont gain weight
l

Well always found that if my scale isn't moving, then it's time for me to up my calorie intake. I could be wrong. It always worked for me

sounds like its time for blood work....:lightbulb:

friend of mine in university and I would go out to get burgers from in n out (double doubles obvi)

I would get 2-3 and finish em, like a boss

he would buy two, eat half of one, and give what was leftover to his roomies.

he wondered why he wasn't growing :rolleyes:

you actually have to EAT THE FOOD lol..

reminds me of something Rich Piana said....the only thing he's said that I agree with:

"if you aren't getting bigger, eat more"

"still not getting bigger? eat more"

you could very well be recomping, yes...in which case, your body composition would be improving, but you wouldn't be adding pounds to the scale.

the mirror is your friend. also, take photos of yourself every few weeks, in the same circumstances, to help you gauge progress

and track those lifting numbers!

friend of mine in university and I would go out to get burgers from in n out (double doubles obvi)

I would get 2-3 and finish em, like a boss

he would buy two, eat half of one, and give what was leftover to his roomies.

he wondered why he wasn't growing :rolleyes:

you actually have to EAT THE FOOD lol..

reminds me of something Rich Piana said....the only thing he's said that I agree with:

"if you aren't getting bigger, eat more"

"still not getting bigger? eat more"

you could very well be recomping, yes...in which case, your body composition would be improving, but you wouldn't be adding pounds to the scale.

the mirror is your friend. also, take photos of yourself every few weeks, in the same circumstances, to help you gauge progress

and track those lifting numbers!

Lou Ferrigno once said- ' For the first few years, I was weighing myself and measuring my arms and chest. It was inspiring to see those numbers getting bigger. But eventually the mirror became a much more useful tool than the scales or the tape measures. The mirror, photos, and objective observers will tell you that you're gaining muscles and losing fat in the right places'

- Lou Ferrigno

yea i take pics every week and i look better every week and i miht be recomping i use to compete and i took like 2 yrs off and i got sorta well no i got fat and i did a mini diet and took some of the fat off and then started bulking again. as for eating more food hell i have trouble eating all that food now, but on my weekely pics u can see progress so i guess the mirror is my friend and i should throw the scale away lol i mean i am 5 9 and 239 and still have the top 2 abs so thats not bad lol

count your calories as exactly as you can for 4-5 days, include a weekend, and see how much you are really eating. if you were getting bigger and leaner you wouldn't be questioning the mirror.

i am looking bigger and leaner but i am just confussed, that the scale is not moving , i was just asking if anyoe has had the same problem as me with the scale not moving but looking different as the scale stays the same, maybe its all the supplements i am using not sure

It is very hard to keep the same weight but add muscle and lose fat the same time.You need to do the aerobic and anaerobic exercise together. For meat, Eat more chicken breast,beef.For fruit,eat more avocado,less fruits containing much sugar.It just looks like cutting and bulking happen at the same time. In fact,they are different stages.

i am looking bigger and leaner but i am just confussed, that the scale is not moving , i was just asking if anyoe has had the same problem as me with the scale not moving but looking different as the scale stays the same, maybe its all the supplements i am using not sure

Ok brother, Its a month later.
Any update?
Is there a difference in weight? What have you changed diet/macro wise in the last month?

Well, if you added 2 lbs of pure muscle in 5 weeks then that is pretty good actually, if you didn't gain any fat or actually lost some fat you might have even put on some more muscle. Usually I would put on more than that but a lot of the weight gain, especially early on, is water.

You can approach this 2 different ways. The first way you can continue like you are and just slowly increase calories as you grow and keep lean, or you can add a lot of calories all at once and gain weight fast but more than half of it will be fat and water. I have tried it both ways and now I would say it is better to do it slow because it is healthier and you look a lot better for it too.

Do not be a slave to the scale. If you have gained a few pounds, look a little learner, and have gained a considerable amount of strength in the gym then things are working out ok. I would use strength gain in the gym as a measurement too in your consideration.

More food like others suggested. Slowly add in more calories, preferably around training at first. If you're not using and intra shake, possibly consider that to get extra calories in.

If you notice you start to become soft and/or body comp is getting out of hand, this is where nutrient timing can come into play and be a huge help. By this I mean, keep carb intake to peri-workout. Once you feel your appetite and/or metabolism has stalled, mini diet for 4-6 weeks to gain some sensitivity back.

Whats up Scotty230,

Not saying this will fix the issue, and it may sound dumb and simple, however I've seen it help

Are you Drinking enough water? i know it may sound dumb, but a lot of times when I'm trying to gain weight i forget to make sure my fluid intake also increases with my food. Being dehydrated is easy when your pounding 400+ carbs a day.

Hydrate yourself brother it will help out.

- Air

i usually take more calories like beef and cheese and my BF go up, but it didn't bring me any increase in muscle scale, always wanna more quality lean muscle

Eat more sometimes its hard but you have to do it to gain size go to Planet Fitness when they have pizza night lol good luck brother

yr 240 lets say, training super hard and yr only eating 4000 cals at most based on yr numbers.
when i got to 230 i hadda eat 4500 to get the scale to move.

Shit I was Holding 255 for a few weeks then had a few beers instead of a shake and skimmed on the Halloween candy.
248 this morning....Damn I'm gonna be a Skinny Hulk this holiday!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws