over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metformin users.

Stewie

Featured Member / Verified Customer
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
If you're taking metformin, it would be advisable to supplement with L-Citrulline.

This could be one of the reasons why some individuals have a hard time maintaining or acquiring a pump while on Met.

And to offset the potential for endothelial dysfunction.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing Stewie. I have been taking 1g met upon waking and 1g met after my postworkout/dinner meal. I have actually been able to workout harder and push more weight recently. My strength keeps climbing, I always had issues with extreme pumps limiting my working sets, now I seem to be able to keep pushing.

Could it be that the met caused this? Is it a problem? I actually am enjoying being able to push more reps and sets without extreme pumps hindering my workout. I am even starting to use humalog preworkout again now and while I get a nice pump going I am still able to push through reps and sets (and boy do the muscle bellies bulge!), before this I would have to cut most working sets short because of "too much" pumps.

Thanks for sharing Stewie. I have been taking 1g met upon waking and 1g met after my postworkout/dinner meal. I have actually been able to workout harder and push more weight recently. My strength keeps climbing, I always had issues with extreme pumps limiting my working sets, now I seem to be able to keep pushing.

Could it be that the met caused this? Is it a problem? I actually am enjoying being able to push more reps and sets without extreme pumps hindering my workout. I am even starting to use humalog preworkout again now and while I get a nice pump going I am still able to push through reps and sets (and boy do the muscle bellies bulge!), before this I would have to cut most working sets short because of "too much" pumps.

From a cardiovascular stand point, it very well could be a risk factor for endothelial dysfunction.

Every drug has a risk to benefit ratio. By offsetting the known risks of said drug, greatly improves the intended pharmacodynamics of said drug.

Given the information of this simple article outlines, it would be of interest to supplement with L-citrulline and or precursor foods of N.O production.

I would take it a step further and say it's irresponsible for any steroid user to not be supplementing with Citrulline already!

Thanks for the response Stewie. I have a tub of citrulline malate from when I was mixing my own preworkouts. The real question is how much should we supplement with? Is one serving of 2g/day thrown in the morning shake enough? Maybe another in the preworkout or prebed shakes?

I know the clinical dose is 6-8g but is that much needed to offset the risk introduced by met?

See my post above, from your research what dose are you taking? Clinical dose of 6-8g?

5-6g a day is good. It's in the Intra MD or whatever EAA I get intra workout. On off days, I just use a powder version of it.

Going to add citrulline but never had a prob getting a pump while using, off season or precontest. Thanks Stewie.

Have you always dosed 2 grams or ever ran a lower dose for a significant period of time to compare?

I wish I could use method in but it absolutely destroys my stomach

Thanks for the response Stewie. I have a tub of citrulline malate from when I was mixing my own preworkouts. The real question is how much should we supplement with? Is one serving of 2g/day thrown in the morning shake enough? Maybe another in the preworkout or prebed shakes?

I know the clinical dose is 6-8g but is that much needed to offset the risk introduced by met?

I would suspect that if you have a healthy balanced diet of fruits and veggies, 3-5 grams of L-citrulline should suffice. Or so I would suspect.

On another note. Considering Metformin inhibits protein synthesis. Supplementation of citrulline may mitigate the suppression of mTOR signalling from metformin.

Last edited:
Last edited:
If you're taking metformin, it would be advisable to supplement with L-Citrulline.

This could be one of the reasons why some individuals have a hard time maintaining or acquiring a pump while on Met.

And to offset the potential for endothelial dysfunction.
**broken link removed**

Metformin is so confusing:banghead:

I used it and liked it. It really had me staying lean. I wanted to add it back in to supplement regimen especially with the new antiaging claims.

Then I see how it can impact endothelial function how could this be good for you although its good in studies for epithelial cells.

Then studies show endothelial function decrease with metformin use may only be specific to male users not female. :banghead:

So males taking metformin should take small doses of tadalifil and decent dose of l citrulline:confused:

Last edited:
It was surprising how adamant Dr Crisler was against the use of metformin

I always have citrulline malate in my pre (buy it that way with 6g or so) and love adding 4-6 more grams intra.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I wish I could use method in but it absolutely destroys my stomach

Have you tried ER bro? My bet is no. Extended release I mean. Rite Aid has the cheapest US pharm program 1.5 gm qd x 90 days $15 or India 2 gm qd x 90 days for about the same cost. I don't like using my insurance for diseases I don't have and it's a $5 co pay anyway so same cost.

I'm a huge proponent of metformin and long acting PDE5 inhibitors BTW. You will likely live longer and better. Especially in this lifestyle. I'd bet on it actually and I don't gamble. Crisler can be off base sometimes honestly. Add an ARB, specifically telmisartan which will also cover some of the endothelial issues mentioned here and I say hard to beat in terms of life extension. I know a nephrologist who teaches nephrology at LSU med school who believes that we should add ARBs to the drinking water. I take all 3 every day. I know probably a dozen physicians who use metformin for prophylaxis now just like aspirin 20 years ago. Telmisartan = Nitric Oxide + PPAR.

BTW if you're having any side effect issues from metformin, try ER. Especially GI. Look at the studies.

Just got to Vegas for the O!

Rex.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner