YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MD's Chemical Enhancement section - WTF?

ALLEX

Banned
So, are magazines like MD talking openly about hormones now?

Did I miss something?

been going on many years. William L is good. my favorite is when Dorian gave his 93 olympia stack offseason and pre contest doses.

Ron harris The lowdown on drugs with Shawn, Kevin, and Dorian, is a great read as well

Not sure of the article you are referring too (have not picked up a physical magazine in years), however the magazines have always spoke of hormones.

Not sure of the article you are referring too (have not picked up a physical magazine in years), however the magazines have always spoke of hormones.

Well, that's odd...

I bought my first M&F in 1987 and my first Flex a few years after that. Purchased a few dozen of each thru the years.

Don't really remember anyone mentioning steroids and cycles besides articles like "the dangers of steroids" or a pro saying "I don't need steroids, since I take Weider's Mass 4000 Ultra Plus."

Here's the section I'm talking about:

Chemical Enhancement

Flex never (to my knowledge) talked about gear. However MD was the first or one of them to openly talk about it.

Well, that's odd...

I bought my first M&F in 1987 and my first Flex a few years after that. Purchased a few dozen of each thru the years.

Don't really remember anyone mentioning steroids and cycles besides articles like "the dangers of steroids" or a pro saying "I don't need steroids, since I take Weider's Mass 4000 Ultra Plus."

Chemical Enhancement

My reconciliation is that MuscleMag was the first to speak of it, then MuscleMedia 2000 took it to another level, and of course MD was one of the most mainstream magazines with its articles. None of this includes the lesser distributed magazines such as Peak Performance and a few others I cannot recall ATM.

MD always had a drug section. I remeber an article in Flex many years ago talkin about how Winstrol was the super drug. That was the last AAS article I ever read in Flex since and I read them cover to cover each month. That would have been probably 20 years ago. I respect Flex for its choice and giving young readers like myself the idea that diet and training were the core of bodybuilding rather than informing me of drugs at a young age.

Well, that's odd...

Chemical Enhancement

Same here on purchase date, they were very anti steroid. In order to make a fortune off the supplements they were advertising, like you said.

before muscle and Fitness was Muscle Builder and Power...Pete Gymkowski had a column where he answered drug questions say around 1979 or so

They've had chem sections in the magazine for a long time now. Seems they are even talking about it more and more now. I'm still old school in the sense I like to read magazines. Good for airplanes and such.

before muscle and Fitness was Muscle Builder and Power...Pete Gymkowski had a column where he answered drug questions say around 1979 or so

Nice. Never heard of these things.

The only stuff we could get down here was Weider's stuff.

I grew up reading Weider magazines. I have an exercise physiology degree and honestly my college degree is same education found in those magazines. My professors used to make fun of these magazines yet they were teaching the same stuff as between those pages. I often recommend kids get a subscription to muscle and fitness or flex to learn and especially knowing they are not going to be talking about drugs.

Really most people in my gym and anywhere I go have no clue about online forums. It's odd.

So, are magazines like MD talking openly about hormones now?

Did I miss something?

What the hell man, last time I looked at MD like 5 years ago half the magazine was drug info. And it had been going on for years.

Flex never (to my [/B]knowledge) talked about gear. However MD was the first or one of them to openly talk about it.

Flex had detailed hormone/juicing articles for a while in the mid-late 90s when MD was pro-drug as well. I think it was a response to Muscle Media starting the drug talk. Then MD went "natural" along with MM2K and Flex followed. So it's been back and forth a few times.

Man, what a joke all natural MD was. No naturals, just some crappy bodybuilders lol

Last edited:
MD always had a drug section. I remeber an article in Flex many years ago talkin about how Winstrol was the super drug. That was the last AAS article I ever read in Flex since and I read them cover to cover each month. That would have been probably 20 years ago. I respect Flex for its choice and giving young readers like myself the idea that diet and training were the core of bodybuilding rather than informing me of drugs at a young age.

I think it has been mentioned for Medical research in some articles.

What the hell man, last time I looked at MD like 5 years ago half the magazine was drug info. And it had been going on for years.

Hehehe, I never knew it was that open. Don't think I've ever visited MD's site so I was shocked.

Just don't understand one thing. If the info is this open now, why do people still buy Dat Dere Cell-Tech?

I remember 6 years ago or so in MD they always had a featured "Supplement" aka PED and would be a 1 or 2 page write up on it. Was actually very interesting and I myself was completely shocked.

Hehehe, I never knew it was that open. Don't think I've ever visited MD's site so I was shocked.

Just don't understand one thing. If the info is this open now, why do people still buy Dat Dere Cell-Tech?

Because baloney supps are often sold and promoted by pro-drug "honest" people. It's like a Rich Piana selling supplements, "he's so open and honest about the drugs so the supps he's hawking must be effective too". And many people lack a critical mind and lack knowledge and are taken in by heavy marketing.

My reconciliation is that MuscleMag was the first to speak of it, then MuscleMedia 2000 took it to another level, and of course MD was one of the most mainstream magazines with its articles. None of this includes the lesser distributed magazines such as Peak Performance and a few others I cannot recall ATM.

I put out Hardcore Muscle Newsletter in the early 90's.....my readership was who's who in the IFBB and high NPC level....I was talking about everything pretty much before anyone else dared to except for Duchaine....Noone had heard of Synthol before I introduced everyone to it, IGF-1, pro's and top am's using 3 grams of test (all 3 talked about are dead), I put it out there....Phillips (MM2000) asked me to write for him right before Duchaine got incarcerated if i remember right to fill that void....I refused because of the whole "Metrx is only available for Burn victims...but for this limited time we can sell to the public"....HMB feels like deca.....etc etc etc shenanigans...I felt he sold out from the guys who made him in the beginning.....I still have 100's of copies of every issue of Hardcore Muscle down in my garage but that freaking magazine brought me so much hardship....I dont like to even look at it. Back then when you talked about this stuff...you were a target! Virtually every single person back in the 90's who openly talked about this stuff became a target of LE. Duchaine told me himself they followed him around constantly watching where he went and who he talked to. Palumbo, Duchaine, Sarcev, Phillips, Brown, myself....all were targets of LE because of our guts to write about this stuff. I know this for a fact because I had a LE friend arguing on my behalf on a phone call to said people...after I was arrested back in the 90's....and the words out of the DOJ's mouth in response from the arresting officer was "he writes that f*&king magazine!"......so Im shocked to the core nowadays at what is being talked about openly....especially on facebook and videos. You guys saw me on this board many years ago write things and erase it about 15 minutes later MANY MANY TIMES.....that was because i thought about it and got freaked out that I was being too open......getting your life taken apart at one point in the past (destroyed pretty much) will make you like that.
When i saw that B Lloyd video and the incriminating evidence of it...I was floored...beyond floored. It is amazing to me that he hasnt been made an example of by LE. But maybe things have changed as to how they look at things.... I dont know....but I would never feel comfortable with some of the stuff him and Piana have openly admitted to and filmed....
the magazines are getting more bold but still dont go all in....they kind of dip a toe in and try to stay somewhat on the outside looking in...

Last edited:
I put out Hardcore Muscle Newsletter in the early 90's.....my readership was who's who in the IFBB and high NPC level....I was talking about everything pretty much before anyone else dared to except for Duchaine....Noone had heard of Synthol before I introduced everyone to it, IGF-1, pro's and top am's using 3 grams of test (all 3 talked about are dead), I put it out there....Phillips (MM2000) asked me to write for him right before Duchaine got incarcerated if i remember right to fill that void....I refused because of the whole "Metrx is only available for Burn victims...but for this limited time we can sell to the public"....HMB feels like deca.....etc etc etc shenanigans...I felt he sold out from the guys who made him in the beginning.....I still have 100's of copies of every issue of Hardcore Muscle down in my garage but that freaking magazine brought me so much hardship....I dont like to even look at it. Back then when you talked about this stuff...you were a target! Virtually every single person back in the 90's who openly talked about this stuff became a target of LE. Duchaine told me himself they followed him around constantly watching where he went and who he talked to. Palumbo, Duchaine, Sarcev, Phillips, Brown, myself....all were targets of LE because of our guts to write about this stuff. I know this for a fact because I had a LE friend arguing on my behalf on a phone call to said people...after I was arrested back in the 90's....and the words out of the DOJ's mouth in response from the arresting officer was "he writes that f*&king magazine!"......so Im shocked to the core nowadays at what is being talked about openly....especially on facebook and videos. You guys saw me on this board many years ago write things and erase it about 15 minutes later MANY MANY TIMES.....that was because i thought about it and got freaked out that I was being too open......getting your life taken apart at one point in the past (destroyed pretty much) will make you like that.
When i saw that B Lloyd video and the incriminating evidence of it...I was floored...beyond floored. It is amazing to me that he hasnt been made an example of by LE. But maybe things have changed as to how they look at things.... I dont know....but I would never feel comfortable with some of the stuff him and Piana have openly admitted to and filmed....
the magazines are getting more bold but still dont go all in....they kind of dip a toe in and try to stay somewhat on the outside looking in...

The good days, but not always good days. It's like you miss them, but then again you don't. Lots of good and bad times. I'm amazed that guys like BL are able to shoot themselves up these days out in the open and nothing happens. Blows my mind how they could be so picky on certain things, but you have guys like him getting away with everything. I doubt he'd do all that if he was around to experience those days.

I used to hate when you would do that, LOL

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420