Hernia repair

beastmode121

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
How did you guys keep the gains?
Diet you followed?

I just got out of surgery and I'm in pain but manning up. I'm at a restaurant eating #nofucksgiven. I'm hungry

when did you get back in the gym? No mesh was placed during repair

How did you guys keep the gains?
Diet you followed?

I just got out of surgery and I'm in pain but manning up. I'm at a restaurant eating #nofucksgiven. I'm hungry

when did you get back in the gym? No mesh was placed during repair

AAS and HGH kept all the gains.
I was lifting 9 days later even though I wasn't supposed to for a month.

i'm getting mine done in november (inguinial hernia). i've been sitting on it waiting for over a year lol. it was an annoyance for a while but lately in the last 2 months i don't even notice it anymore because i quit deadlifting, that was the biggest thing that aggrevated it.

I think I have one too, but there's no bulge at all and only hurts like once a year and only for a couple days. Like a sharp pain around my belly button that really kicks in when I urinate.

I had three repaired in one surgery. I had two inguinal on the left side and one umbilical that I had let grow bigger over the years. I recommend that you get them fixed sooner than later everyone because if you wait they just grow and grow.

I took 2 weeks from the gym, just rested up. After that I started in high reps, 15-20 reps on everything, to keep the stress down some. I stayed away from bent over rows, squats, leg presses, dead lifts, anything that puts a lot of stress on the "core". I made use of machine a lot because I felt like it took off some of the stress from the core. After about 1 month I started doing light leg presses, whereas before I had been doing just leg extensions. Gradually worked back into a normal routine. I would say it took be about 3 or 4 months to get back to where I was, so yeah I lost strength and some size but not much. I was on anabolics.

Even with being careful like that I still blew out part of my umbilical hernia about 5 or 6 months after the surgery. I think I was doing dead lifts when it happened. You get that really strong burning feeling where it feels like someone is burning your stomach with a cigarette. They used a patch on all of my repairs too and it still blew out.

Take it easy. I still have the small hernia that I blew out around my belly button and haven't fixed it because I had a bad heart attack and I'm on a bunch of drugs now. I feel like the risk of going under and doing the surgery might out weigh just having the hernia. I don't lift heavy anymore so I hasn't really gotten much bigger.

Without having a hernia and without having any surgery, I recommend to you to give proper time to your body for recovery. Why the rush. Just vanity? Not worth it. If your life and loved ones depend on your shape, that's a different story. Other than that, you will ALWAYS be able to recover. Make sure you give your body enough rest, flood it with high amounts of essential nutrients and once you're fully recovered, hit the gym like new.

Without having a hernia and without having any surgery, I recommend to you to give proper time to your body for recovery. Why the rush. Just vanity? Not worth it. If your life and loved ones depend on your shape, that's a different story. Other than that, you will ALWAYS be able to recover. Make sure you give your body enough rest, flood it with high amounts of essential nutrients and once you're fully recovered, hit the gym like new.

A hernia can become VERY serious and is in no way just vanity. No amount of time will allow your body to recover. Hernias are progressive as the hole in the abdominal wall gets worse over time. This allows intestines to exit the hole(the bulge) these can be strangled, become serious infections, digestive issues and limit you physically. They will NEVER "fully recover" on their own.

Unless as Maldorf mentioned for certain people with preexisting conditions the surgery could be more dangerous than the hernia,Otherwise I would bite the bullet and get it fixed.

As a chiro I am all about innate intelligence and letting the body heal BUT this isn't something the body can heal with any amount of rest and nutrition.

Last edited:
AAS and HGH kept all the gains.
I was lifting 9 days later even though I wasn't supposed to for a month.

This. I was back to light lifting 10-14 days after and full throttle after 4 weeks. People have taken months and maybe it's because it was
More serious or they were giant pussies :) take your pick lol

Inguinal hernia repair right site in 1994. Mesh placed in. I was back training in two weeks against docs advice. started lighter than average at super hight repetition and did this for a month before going back to my more intense routine. I did not lose any gains. Of course I was 18 and has crazy natural test coursing through my body!

I felt like healing my umbilical hernia wound was harder than the inguinal. It might have been too that the umbilical hernia was bigger because I had allowed it to grow for many years. I first got the hernia when I was about 91 years old and then didn't have it repaired until I was about 34 years old.

I'm gonna start back on long ester AAS after 2 or 3 weeks, let it build In my system until I recover get back in the gym. Bulk and get whatever I lost back and add an oral then start dieting for my show in April

Any other suggestions? Would love to hear. I'm not gonna stop eating

I'm gonna start back on long ester AAS after 2 or 3 weeks, let it build In my system until I recover get back in the gym. Bulk and get whatever I lost back and add an oral then start dieting for my show in April

Any other suggestions? Would love to hear. I'm not gonna stop eating

I would start up test right now. I have never come off for any of my surgeries. I am always on test + var.

You can take a month off and let it heal properly or you can roll the dice and possibly need another surgery and then even more time off. I just don't understand people that can't take a month off of everything. Who cares how much weight you lose, you'll get it back and then some.

I am having mine done this Fall as well and looking forward to the excuse to not train for 2-3 weeks.
Letting the entire body heal for a month out of 12 cant be a Bad Thing!!

You can take a month off and let it heal properly or you can roll the dice and possibly need another surgery and then even more time off. I just don't understand people that can't take a month off of everything. Who cares how much weight you lose, you'll get it back and then some.

It's not that. It's the depression and boredom that follows surgeries. I'm off work and gym; what am I supposed to do everyday?

I agree. Looking back I only took off 2 weeks but should have taken off more. It wasn't until about 6 months later though that I blew part of my patch out in my umbilical hernia. Not sure there was anything I could have done to prevent that other than not dead lift anymore.

It's not that. It's the depression and boredom that follows surgeries. I'm off work and gym; what am I supposed to do everyday?

Computer or console gaming! Keeps my mind busy enough. Looking to build a new PC soon here, pick up the new GTX 1080 graphics card. If you don't have anything right now go out and pick up a PlayStation 4, the price is low and tons of titles out there that will entertain adults.

Computer or console gaming! Keeps my mind busy enough. Looking to build a new PC soon here, pick up the new GTX 1080 graphics card.

I should get back to that ; it's been a while

I use Steam on the pc for all my games. I buy all my games a year old or more and pay so very little for them on there. If you pick up a playstation 4 there are tons of games out there. The PC has VR goggles out now that will blow your mind and the playstation or xbox are or do already have some out. I don't know much about the consoles. Consoles though are the affordable way to go if you don't want to spend a lot. Once you get hooked on PC gaming though its hard to go back.

Oh, and don't get started on an MMO on the pc, like Elder Scrolls Online because you wont want to stop playing. I got hooked bad on Everquest back in the late 90s and all I would do is work, lift weights, and play that damn game! Did not make my wife too happy. MMO's if you haven't played are very addictive. I avoid them now.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131