over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HIIT cardio that doesn't kill the legs?

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Between HIIT, basketball, and heavy leg day, my legs are almost always sore. Looking for cardio options that don't really involve the legs. Anyone ever do the rowing machine or the elliptical for HIIT or cardio in general?

Not getting enough cardio in already between all that?

Not getting enough cardio in already between all that?

Well some days my legs are too sore for that but my body still feels like doing it

Done both elliptical and rowing machine for hiit. Both still hit the legs hard on hiit. Might want to try the hand bike ;)

Vinyasa flow yoga, with light heat. It will work the legs but in a more active recovery way.

Between HIIT, basketball, and heavy leg day, my legs are almost always sore. Looking for cardio options that don't really involve the legs. Anyone ever do the rowing machine or the elliptical for HIIT or cardio in general?

Intense cardio, especially interval training, makes special inroads into recovery, this is often talked about by endurance athletes, especially triathletes. And when you consider that both HIIT training AND weightlifting are both a form of interval training, it makes sense it would be hard to recover when doing both. Since you are already essentially doing a form of HIIT cardio when you weight train, why not just do steady state cardio?

I alternate between intervals on the bike or battle ropes. Do the wave 30 sec followed by slams 30 seconds and then 60 sec rest, repeat.

Intense cardio, especially interval training, makes special inroads into recovery, this is often talked about by endurance athletes, especially triathletes. And when you consider that both HIIT training AND weightlifting are both a form of interval training, it makes sense it would be hard to recover when doing both. Since you are already essentially doing a form of HIIT cardio when you weight train, why not just do steady state cardio?

I like that logic...
-F2S

Man true HIIT cardio is brutal on the legs and recovery in general imo...I did it from about 22 weeks out until 10 weeks out which was my plan, do it when energy is higher get the fat off quicker and then start with the lower intensity which has been working well for me overall. I was having a very hard time recovering and it just was wearing me down. With all the basketball and the lifting hard (I know your rest periods are short) I certainly would try and limit that HIIT just for recovery purposes even if you don't feel it directly takes away from your lifting workouts.

battle ropes for sure. After you do them you will know them as the F`ing ropes

battle ropes for sure. After you do them you will know them as the F`ing ropes

Bingo. I see trainers having their clients do this all the time. I just have to figure out how to set it up and then I can do that. Perfect

can high speed push-up be counted HIIT ?

Swimming. Zero impact, good for mobility, and will tax your CNS less than other forms of HITT

3 options that I do dude—because I agree, my legs are BEAT certain days and sprinting or hard biking kills them even more.

Speed jumprope with VERY short rest intervals...i'm talking 15 seconds off, 30-1min on. Hit that 10 times and you'll feel it.

Rowing. I do this shit the most. 20 seconds on, 40 off. Hard as you can. I USUALLY hit this 8 times then walk on a steep incline for 25 mins.

Tabata method. I do updowns for 20 seconds, then 20 off. REALLY wipes you.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131